test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SS

2»

Comments

• exal7exal7 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I can't recall exactly what was going on, but I might've lost all my weapons (which I'm running on autofire) and some of my skills I cycle with a bind after getting scrambled - they got white edges around them. This got fixed after I respawned.

The skills I had on the bind would just blink, but nothing happened.
  • ashman7286ashman7286 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Me and a friend were in a PVP battle yesterday and some of our weapons wouldn't fire. If we slotted a single weapon in each slot and tested them they would fire but not all 8. I had 2 beams firing and he had 3. This seemed to happen until re re-logged then all 8 weapons would fire normally.

Here's a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhx4CocXwYQ&feature=youtu.be
  • falloutx23falloutx23 Member Posts: 456
    edited July 2012
    What are you achieving here? The group of guys was trying multiple ways to see if they can break it- conclusion no one found how to replicate it, personally I think its a ui bug I have been in matches on my tacs and found I can heal myself but no scramble sensors.

Borticus that day of testing among others, I had my distribute shield on my keybind linked to tray. It was grayed out and when I was hitting spacebar it was greyed out permanently. As a theory perhaps its certain tray numbers having issues. The only way I cleared my issue was remove the distribute shields and reapply during match. annoying during premade I died 2 times out of 3 on a premade due to issue. we won 15:3 vs la familia but should of been less.

another theory to this no weapon bug:
    selena is tac
    I am tac
    SOB guy is tac

all having firing issues............

pattern maybe!

This has happened on my SCI and my TAC characters
  • paxottomanpaxottoman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ashman7286 wrote: »
    Me and a friend were in a PVP battle yesterday and some of our weapons wouldn't fire. If we slotted a single weapon in each slot and tested them they would fire but not all 8. I had 2 beams firing and he had 3. This seemed to happen until re re-logged then all 8 weapons would fire normally.

Here's a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhx4CocXwYQ&feature=youtu.be

Nice video.

Now the match or last thing you did with your ship prior without logging out/in, was a PvP match with scramble sensors + a graviton generated skill being used by an ally or foe?

Thales of Show me Your Critz said:

He was in a pvp match vs Apocalypse where no abilities mentioned above were used. So no scramble or graviton generated abilities or weapons/consoles were used. Only two of his front dual heavies would fire. He re-logged to correct the problem and played a match without any problems.

However, his match prior there was scramble sensors and graviton generator abilities. Scramble sensors + Chroniton torpedos were used in his match prior to the match VS -Apocalypse-.

Everyone please ignore posts from anyone who is not constructive to solving this problem (they know who they are, and you all know who they are). In other words, don't waste your time with them. Please provide more videos/data for the devs to help solve this problem. Lets all work together to fix pvp.

-@PaxOttomana of Turkish RP Heroes (we're not registered paralegals either..)
    Turkish RP Heroes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • the4monkeysthe4monkeys Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This is leading more to a ui bug than ss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • criminiuscriminius Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I still like my solution. Not sure what ralph would do without ams ss ;) PvP is getting to the point beyond lifesupport and the plug needs to be pulled or it has to come out of the coma state its in.
  • aldo1rainealdo1raine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I had a teammate encounter the glitch tonight that stopped his weapons from firing. There was no SS in the match but some AMS. So it must be both. Anyone using AMS is exploiting a known bug :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nerf Klinks, Buff Rommies
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Where the weapon icons sorounded with a white outline and refuse to function when they wherepressed?
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • p2wsucksp2wsucks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I've run into the non responsive weapons issue in PvE fleet event stuff. I wasn't sure @ the time what was going on and assumed it was a UI display issue similar to invis torps (client prioritized something else to be shown etc).

I usually run w/1/2 res and other stuff turned off since I have an older video card (not sure of all the settings).

There was no rubber banding effect similar to what one would observe w/network latancy or server delay issues.

There was no slow effect similar to being caught in a EWP cloud.

But, it did seem to clear itself after several seconds of me not doing anything.

Also, I haven't had it happen in PvP yet, though the Blue UI is still persistant every match for me.

To the poster who mentioned the Conn Officer Doffs. It's been a known issue for many months now that conn officer doffs and others double tick, ie trigger the effect 2x, after every use. The Doff was changed several months ago to not be chance based but a flat rate of 5 seconds for purple doffs. So w/3 you'd get max 15 sec off the evasive cooldowns. I believe Team Doffs behave the same way but it's been awhile since I checked those. There are probably others, but it's not an across the board issue. Unfortunately, the posts which covered this stuff when Heretic was working on Doffs has been archived.
    [Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
    Random Quote from Kerrat
    "Sumlobus@****: your mums eat Iced Targ Poo"
    C&H Fed banter
  • the4monkeysthe4monkeys Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    well that concludes it weapons stop firing and its not to do with ss this thread can be closed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I frequently got aft weapons stuck in PvP. Happens after I'm hit by shockawaves several times. As far as i remember the veery same bug happened before season 4. It always affected beam arrays only tho, and as far as I remember only aft ones.
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • dant158#3249 dant158 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Had this weapon non functional bug occur to me today in an arena and there was no SS or AMS in use.
    It occurred right after being hit with a tricobalt mine. only 1 of 4 forward weapons was functional thereafter. Aft weapons unaffected.
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    Where the weapon icons sorounded with a white outline and refuse to function when they wherepressed?

Yes, exactly this.
  • aldo1rainealdo1raine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    dantrainor wrote: »
    Had this weapon non functional bug occur to me today in an arena and there was no SS or AMS in use.

I guess that means we are all using a known exploit since it seems that every power triggers it. Anyone using any boff power is using a known exploit and is cheating if they do!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nerf Klinks, Buff Rommies