test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mirror Universe "Errors"

Comments

• eagledracoeagledraco Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    qjunior wrote: »
    I don?t see any reason to have the I.S.S. prefix. The mirror vessels are no longer terran empire ships, they have been registered as Starfleet vessels and therefore they have a Starfleet registry, which includes the prefix.... :o

Only for Cryptic's convenience. These ships could be used by Starfleet Intelligence to infiltrate the Mirror Universe. In that case they would need the I.S.S. Prefix.

What's going on here is the regular devs can't make it work because the existing drop-down box would allow I.S.S. to be placed on regular Starfleet ships as well.

What's required here is one of their Systems Programmers to add a few lines of code, and add a new drop-down box for Mirror Ships only. But Cryptic has them allocated to other projects and doesn't want to interrupt their schedule. So thus we have the "story" of Starfleet rubbing "I" off of the hulls and replacing them with "U".
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,148 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    eagledraco wrote: »
    Only for Cryptic's convenience. These ships could be used by Starfleet Intelligence to infiltrate the Mirror Universe. In that case they would need the I.S.S. Prefix.

What's going on here is the regular devs can't make it work because the existing drop-down box would allow I.S.S. to be placed on regular Starfleet ships as well.

What's required here is one of their Systems Programmers to add a few lines of code, and add a new drop-down box for Mirror Ships only. But Cryptic has them allocated to other projects and doesn't want to interrupt their schedule. So thus we have the "story" of Starfleet rubbing "I" off of the hulls and replacing them with "U".

you've just given me a epic foundry idea once I finish my current series.

Well... they can add S.S. aswell for the freighter,ferengi,spoonhead and jemmie ship lovers.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    IF they ever do come up with the option in the future to use the I.S.S. tag on only Terran ships, then I hope they also add the option to drop the U.S.S. tag on the non faction ships (Atrox, Dkyr, D'kora, Galor, etc).
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm going to call CBS out on this. It's getting quite silly in this game.

• Starfleet with no uniform standards (so Cryptic can sell any and all types of costumes).
    • Klingons with stricter uniform options (Cryptic doesn't have time to make more).

• Starfleet / Klingons flying Dominion Ships (for sales) - CBS Approved.
    • Starfleet / Klingons flying Cardassian Ships (for sales) - CBS Approved.
    • Starfleet / Klingons flying Ferengi Ships (for sales) - CBS Approved.
    • Starfleet / Klingons flying Tholian Ships (for sales) - CBS Approved.
    • Starfleet / Klingons flying Mirror Ships (for sales) - CBS Approved.
    • Starfleet Flying Updated/Refitted Constitution Class at T5 - CBS Disallowed. Ha!

• No Completed Klingon faction (no budget to finish).
    • No Romulan faction with ships (no budget to create).
    • No Dominion mini-faction with ships (no budget to create).
    • No Cardassian mini-faction with ships (no budget to create).
    • No I.S.S. Prefix for Mirror Ships ("technical concerns" - yeah right).

The contradictions are astounding as far as what CBS allows and disallows. And as far as what Cryptic takes the time to create or not create.

The "NX Prefix" was sold to players via pre-orders and I think later on in the C-Store. You can do the same here with the I.S.S. Prefix if you really wanted to.

It's not so odd.

Think of STO as a virtual toy line.

I'm sure CBS' interactions with Cryptic are VERY similar to past interactions with Playmate Toys.
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    thay8472 wrote: »
    lol really?

Im not sure how to respond to that...

I think its better to admit that someone just got the ship names mixed up.. this is just going to confuse people.

Edit: no wait.. yeah mirror the roles... I get it...

I'm thrilled with my mirror assault as I've always wanted the star cruiser to act like an assault cruiser. :D
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    thay8472 wrote: »
    aye... they were stolen... they should come with the I.S.S. ... but instead starfleet decided to paint a U on.

DUH! .... Always cover up the evidence!

When you steal a car, you either chop it down to the basic parts or change the paint job and forge new VIN numbers. ;)
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
    edited July 2012
    genhauk wrote: »
    DUH! .... Always cover up the evidence!

When you steal a car, you either chop it down to the basic parts or change the paint job and forge new VIN numbers. ;)

well starfleet forgot to remove the terran paint job lol
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • sito1jastsito1jast Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    scififan78 wrote: »
    IF they ever do come up with the option in the future to use the I.S.S. tag on only Terran ships, then I hope they also add the option to drop the U.S.S. tag on the non faction ships (Atrox, Dkyr, D'kora, Galor, etc).

they could add S.S. to the orion,gorn and nausicaan ships.
    edited July 2012
    It's not so odd.

Think of STO as a virtual toy line.

I'm sure CBS' interactions with Cryptic are VERY similar to past interactions with Playmate Toys.

And I'm sure Playmate wouldn't sell a Mirror Toy Ship without the proper I.S.S. Prefix. :)

Cryptic has the power to fix this, it all depends on them getting a Systems Programmer to add a few more lines of code and a new drop-down box for Mirror Ship Prefixes only. I will leave it at that.
    edited July 2012
    And I'm sure Playmate wouldn't sell a Mirror Toy Ship without the proper I.S.S. Prefix. :)

Cryptic has the power to fix this, it all depends on them getting a Systems Programmer to add a few more lines of code and a new drop-down box for Mirror Ship Prefixes only. I will leave it at that.

Or just let any ship use the I.S.S. not many people love cruisers :D
  • januhulljanuhull Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This is one of the few things that's annoyed me. I really would have loved the Mirror Sovreign class, but I don't do well in science cruisers. So, I did not realize the swap when I started my unlock frenzy tonight, and lo, I scored a Science Cruiser. Not realizing the skin swap, I sold it and bought an Assault cruiser, then heard about the switch, and wanted to punch myself in the ballsack.

I'd rather erase every character I have than fly an Emissary style skinned ship, they look terrible. Horrible. So I sold it back and kept the EC. I'll stick with the Ody for right now, maybe splurge on a bit and get the Tholian Carrier.
    edited July 2012
    I mentioned this yesterday:

There are also technical reasons behind it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Here's MY suggestion:

Release Terrans as a promotional species. There are lots of Terran refugees swarming around Fed and KDF side. Make it a "roll it now or miss it" species.

Then let the playable Terran christen any ship they own I.S.S.

From what I gather, you could limit this option to characters but the problem is that it would happen on any ship these characters own, yes?

So... Release Terrans for a limited time with the ability to name any ship they fly "I.S.S."

And Mirror Klingons for a limited time with the ability to name any ship they fly "I.K.C." (There's no hard prefix established for KCA ships but IKC is halfway between KDF's IKS and Cardassians' CDS... and IKC is what Klingon fans -- and Okuda -- used to refer to Klingon ships as.)

That way people can get the prefixes and there's no confusion because all IKC ships are Klingon and all ISS ships are Fed.

Terrans (just like the Terran DOffs) would look human and get Aggressive and Efficient as their default traits (like the DOffs). Mirror Klingons would get Physical Strength and Efficient as their traits, presumably and look just like Klingons.

We'd just be playing as refugees from the Tholian prison who've hooked up with Starfleet or the KDF... and the perk would be getting our own special ship registry when playing as that species.

You might make the species unlock when claiming a mirror ship... Because that encourages people to go back for seconds.

Ie. I claim a mirror ship. Terrans unlock as a species. Now that I have a Terran, I want another mirror ship. See how that works? :-)
    edited July 2012
    Here's MY suggestion:

Release Terrans as a promotional species. There are lots of Terran refugees swarming around Fed and KDF side. Make it a "roll it now or miss it" species.

Then let the playable Terran christen any ship they own I.S.S.

From what I gather, you could limit this option to characters but the problem is that it would happen on any ship these characters own, yes?

So... Release Terrans for a limited time with the ability to name any ship they fly "I.S.S."

And Mirror Klingons for a limited time with the ability to name any ship they fly "I.K.C." (There's no hard prefix established for KCA ships but IKC is halfway between KDF's IKS and Cardassians' CDS... and IKC is what Klingon fans -- and Okuda -- used to refer to Klingon ships as.)

That way people can get the prefixes and there's no confusion because all IKC ships are Klingon and all ISS ships are Fed.

Terrans (just like the Terran DOffs) would look human and get Aggressive and Efficient as their default traits (like the DOffs). Mirror Klingons would get Physical Strength and Efficient as their traits, presumably and look just like Klingons.

We'd just be playing as refugees from the Tholian prison who've hooked up with Starfleet or the KDF... and the perk would be getting our own special ship registry when playing as that species.

You might make the species unlock when claiming a mirror ship... Because that encourages people to go back for seconds.

Ie. I claim a mirror ship. Terrans unlock as a species. Now that I have a Terran, I want another mirror ship. See how that works? :-)

while a good idea. I dont want to start a new character just for the I.S.S. Prefix... I would rather just C-store it.

Infact the Mirror skin is out on everyship... seen them all on the foundry... give us the mirror hull types!
    edited July 2012
    some mirror ships have ICC-##### on them... can we have that too?
    edited July 2012
    sito1jast wrote: »
    some mirror ships have ICC-##### on them... can we have that too?

my ship has NCC. either way im not that bothered over the registry.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited July 2012

That would work awesomely for Romulan Species + Romulan Ships. And would have worked well for Cardassians. Potentially Ferengi too (KDF side at least).
    edited July 2012
    That would work awesomely for Romulan Species + Romulan Ships. And would have worked well for Cardassians. Potentially Ferengi too (KDF side at least).

If they did it for races like the Breen then I would jump at the chance.

Until then... I.S.S. Prefix please.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • thefastone21thefastone21 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Can we get the Mirror skin for all our ships please.
    edited July 2012
    make a terran pack... dump it all in there nad people will buy it.

Fed:

I.S.S. Prefix
    Mirror Doff(s)
    Mirror Universe ship interior ( darken the current fed interior... put a terran logo on every door... done)
    Mirror Hull Type
    Agonizer (Melee Stun Weapon)

KDF:

I.K.C. Prefix
    Mirror Doff(s)
    Agonizer
    Mirror Interior (just add the alliance symbol and some spoonheads wandering the corridors)
    Mirror Hull Type
  • sierrafortunesierrafortune Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Can we at least get the Terran Empire logo or remove the giant Federation Symbol? It looks hideous with the yellow hull patterns.
    edited July 2012
    Can we at least get the Terran Empire logo or remove the giant Federation Symbol? It looks hideous with the yellow hull patterns.

Aye. Dosnt help starfleet if they try to infiltrate the mirror universe.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited July 2012
    sito1jast wrote: »
    make a terran pack... dump it all in there nad people will buy it.

Fed:

I.S.S. Prefix
    Mirror Doff(s)
    Mirror Universe ship interior ( darken the current fed interior... put a terran logo on every door... done)
    Mirror Hull Type
    Agonizer (Melee Stun Weapon)

KDF:

I.K.C. Prefix
    Mirror Doff(s)
    Agonizer
    Mirror Interior (just add the alliance symbol and some spoonheads wandering the corridors)
    Mirror Hull Type

I agree with this ON THE WHOLE...

But I want the Mirror pack to include Mirror species. (Terrans are distinct in the DOff system. Their default traits are Aggressive and Efficient rather than Teamwork and Leadership.) I bet Terrans could have an awesome optional trait or two. (I made a custom alien with Aggressive and Efficient that I'm passing as a Terran.)

Mirror Klingons would have something other than Honorable. Mirror Bajorans wouldn't have Spiritual.

As far as bridges go, the Klingon ones work for me and would work with a KCA logo and Cardassian NPCs.

But Fed-side, I think we need to wait for a Sovereign or Galaxy replica or a better default interior unless they want to serve up an ISS Defiant interior; I think the changes would be felt more on a Galaxy though because the normal Galaxy would have such bright lighting that a tweak on the lighting alone would begin to shift the mood. (My hope is that once they do all the series up as packs, they'll create a new Default interior from the pieces.)
    edited July 2012

IF you join a fleet that uses the Terran symbol you can do it then at least.
  • palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    We all should get the I.S.S.prefix for free........I am sure technical problem is how they can charge us for it.......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    We all should get the I.S.S.prefix for free........I am sure technical problem is how they can charge us for it.......

lockbox or C-store?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • mallory2kxmallory2kx Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Since there is Mirror Universe uniform and we have Mirror Universe ship to use is there any chance of allowing us to have the I.S.S. designation like buy the designation in the Zen store for 100 Zen like you do the NX-00000 ID? This would be an awesome idea as i would like to roleplay as a Mirror Universe Officer!
  • switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Do they have "modern" mirror uniforms available or is it just Enterprise and TOS era uniforms? But yes, I.S.S. designation would be awesome. Would be great if you could put the Terran Empire Emblem (or maybe even the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance and Terran Resistance Forces, which I would think would be more in line with "modern" mirror universe developments) on your I.S.S. Ships as well, instead of the Starfleet one. I can't seem to recall, but did the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance use a different designation than IKS? If so, maybe that could be added for an option so the Klingons don't feel left out.
  • doubleohninedoubleohnine Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Wait wait, so they sold you chumps who want to play as Mirror Universe captains Mirror ships that are really Fed ships by registry? LMFAO Chalk up another "slap in the face" from DAStahl. Seriously, releasing Mirror ships in Lockboxes missing THE most important thing that makes them Mirror, the ISS.

And the Assault / Starcruiser excuse is one of the biggest copout excuses Ive ever seen. So, EVERY ship in the Trek Universe is a virtual copy on its Mirror side, but for some reason the Mirror guys chose to call their Assaults Starcruisers and their Starcruisers Assaults? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

First they sell bug ships in lockboxes. Now they just flat out sell bugged ships.

Im sorry guys, I cant stop laughing.
    STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
    Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Crusader
    edited July 2012
    Wait wait, so they sold you chumps who want to play as Mirror Universe captains Mirror ships that are really Fed ships by registry? LMFAO Chalk up another "slap in the face" from DAStahl. Seriously, releasing Mirror ships in Lockboxes missing THE most important thing that makes them Mirror, the ISS.

And the Assault / Starcruiser excuse is one of the biggest copout excuses Ive ever seen. So, EVERY ship in the Trek Universe is a virtual copy on its Mirror side, but for some reason the Mirror guys chose to call their Assaults Starcruisers and their Starcruisers Assaults? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

First they sell bug ships in lockboxes. Now they just flat out sell bugged ships.

Im sorry guys, I cant stop laughing.

think most people are getting them off the exchange... their selling pretty cheap atm.

Still I.S.S. prefix plox.
  • auric2000auric2000 Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Is there really a explanation why the Mirror Fed ships don't come with this important prefix? Without the prefix there really is no point to owning one of these two ships. Any thoughts or is it a case of CBS says no to everything?