test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

=/\= The 12th Fleet =/\=

Comments

• asklepianasklepian Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hey guys... So I'm finally back home after this whole real life ordeal with my grandma and such (her funeral is the coming wednesday)...

I'm glad to see this thread still active (even though I haven't been able to post here as of late ^_^'')...

I hope you are all well:)
    edited July 2012
    The weather here in Denmark is both wet and cold... I don't get to see much sun unfortunately:(

Anyways... I hope you are all doing well and that the weather is with you wherever you are too:)
  • seldrinseldrin Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Quote of the day:

"We wish to pursue the truth no matter where it leads; but to find the truth we need imagination and skepticism both. We will not be afraid to speculate, but we will be careful to distinguish speculation from fact. The Cosmos is full beyond measure of elegant truths, of exquisite interrelationships, of the awesome machinery of nature." - Carl Sagan
    Vel'Drin (AKA Romulan Dukat)
    R.R.W. Novus Legatum - Romulan Republic (Fed Aligned)
    Original Join Forum Date: August 2008
  • intricatedstointricatedsto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Just another typical evening for the 12th Fleet, building starbases, defending freighters, chilling in chat... :cool:
    =/\= ====================== =/\=
    Cmdr @Intricated
    Medical Division, Alpha Squad
    12th Fleet
  • billycopbillycop Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    this is vice admiral billy nasacaga of the star ship OCEANIA NCC 93391-B. i hear you hot shots are looking for another ship to help defend the federation, and i would be honored to fight by your side
    (end RPG)
    ok hi guys :3 yeah i'm a bit of a rpg person but i fly a odyssey starship tactical class.
    my bigest features is my ship's polaron weaponry and advanced shields, not to metnion i;m a healer. while i may be a tank, my eyes are always glancing at my team health bars. my 1st hot key is extend shields just so i can help my fellow captains out of a bind, and right beside it is my engineering team incase they really are messed up.
    you know you are a team player when you swoop in on a team member at 6% hull, extend shields to them, beam engineering teams to them and then use fire at will 2 to get everyone's eyes on you.
    now for the more direct info
    main person: billy nasacaga
    ship: oceania, odyssey class tactical type
    class type: tactical
    away team stats
    1 engineer
    1 tactical
    2 science

please send a fleet invite to @billycop32
    i'll be in game for about a hour and a half after this post so i'll be waiting.
    edited July 2012
    billycop wrote: »
    this is vice admiral billy nasacaga of the star ship OCEANIA NCC 93391-B. i hear you hot shots are looking for another ship to help defend the federation, and i would be honored to fight by your side
    (end RPG)
    ok hi guys :3 yeah i'm a bit of a rpg person but i fly a odyssey starship tactical class.
    my bigest features is my ship's polaron weaponry and advanced shields, not to metnion i;m a healer. while i may be a tank, my eyes are always glancing at my team health bars. my 1st hot key is extend shields just so i can help my fellow captains out of a bind, and right beside it is my engineering team incase they really are messed up.
    you know you are a team player when you swoop in on a team member at 6% hull, extend shields to them, beam engineering teams to them and then use fire at will 2 to get everyone's eyes on you.
    now for the more direct info
    main person: billy nasacaga
    ship: oceania, odyssey class tactical type
    class type: tactical
    away team stats
    1 engineer
    1 tactical
    2 science

please send a fleet invite to @billycop32
    i'll be in game for about a hour and a half after this post so i'll be waiting.

Oh, hey there:)

This all sounds great and I think you'd be accepted, but please divert all applications for joining the 12th Fleet to our Recruitment section: http://forums.12th-fleet.com/viewforum.php?f=15

:)
    edited July 2012
    sirmenos wrote: »
    Hey 12th fleet, I have a question.

What do I have to imagine when it comes to your (ingame) RP? I mean, calling people with higher ranks admiral bleble (which I want) and being able to retrieve custom missions from higher ranked officer. I'd like some more info on the ingame RP.

and a question about the JAG (might apply for whole 12th fleet) how RP is this?

And with all of this i mean ingame, the forum stuff is, from what i can see, very good.

I hope to see a quick reply and if its what i like i will consider joining ;-)

Greetings,
    Menos Aceeh,
    Captain of the USS Holland

I can see your questions have not been answered yet. I apologise for this. I am sure this is just a mishap though, as questions are normally answered very fast from someone who knows more than I do.

I cannot answer your question about JAG, but as I am a member of Medical, I should be able to provide some clarity for your first question:)

The in-game RPs are pretty freeform, although there's always GMs who think up a general plot for the storyline. However, as there are no orders that the participants HAS to do this and that, these plots often have to change from what the GMs originally planned. This is all a part of the fun though and I have heard from the GMs of various roleplays that they like it when the stories change direction unexpectedly and they have to adjust their ideas to go with the flow (^_^)

So basically, it's pretty much up to YOU where you want to take the story:) We do use rank (at least we do in the Valkyrie RP, which is the longest running roleplay in the fleet) so if you do not adress people as "Commander", "Admiral" or for an example "Captain" you should at least use "Sir" when adressing the superiors;) (^_^)

Regarding "being able to retrieve custom missions from higher ranked officers", we don't use this often. However, there ARE frequent missions on the ship (and sometimes off it) during roleplays, where you might be able to volunteer or can be chosen to participate...

It also depends on which roleplay you join though. Some time ago we had an RP where the main story took place on away missions, whereas the Valkyrie is more text based in game where people usually stay on the ship (at least those in sickbay do). I for my part, have never been on an away mission in the Valkyrie roleplay, but this is because my char. is a nurse and prefers staying in sickbay X-D

I hope this cleared things up a bit:)
  • seldrinseldrin Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Heya guys!
    Vel'Drin (AKA Romulan Dukat)
    R.R.W. Novus Legatum - Romulan Republic (Fed Aligned)
    Original Join Forum Date: August 2008
  • dakonbartondakonbarton Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hey Guys,

To answer Sirmenos's question related to JAG we are not the RP division a few of our members may RP but JAG itself is not for RP , as mentioned before if interested in joining please feel free to submit an application on our website http://www.12th-fleet.com. And a side note Asklepian is the person id go to with RP questions, but thats cause I tend to annoy on FB aswell XD

Hopefully yall are doin better than yesterday! afterall everyday is a gift, and for me today that gift is a nifty bug bite right under my eye XD cant see squat outa it but meh!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • goldy666goldy666 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It's Barton!!!!!!!

Run Away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mjaymor78mjaymor78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Morning All, hope everyone has a good day.
  • jovusamberosejovusamberose Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Meh! Hot again.....why can't we develop weather control like they have in Star Trek?
  • ashman7286ashman7286 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Evening 12th.

Hope everyone's keeping well and getting on with the Starbase production.

As for my green buddies, i hope your mugs are full and crosshair's aligned.
    edited July 2012
    Hey Guys,

To answer Sirmenos's question related to JAG we are not the RP division a few of our members may RP but JAG itself is not for RP , as mentioned before if interested in joining please feel free to submit an application on our website http://www.12th-fleet.com. And a side note Asklepian is the person id go to with RP questions, but thats cause I tend to annoy on FB aswell XD

Hopefully yall are doin better than yesterday! afterall everyday is a gift, and for me today that gift is a nifty bug bite right under my eye XD cant see squat outa it but meh!

Aww, thank you *smiles* (^_^)

Well, today was a grey and rainy day here in Denmark (cold and windy as well), but I guess it's fitting considering that we buried my grandma today... Such a day is already sad - Rain just underlines that sadness *sighs*...
  • mrmicky21mrmicky21 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Section 31 is watching You! :)
    edited July 2012
    Oh, imagine that... Another rainy day! *sigh* Why can't we have a proper summer?! (>_<)

Anyways, hey everyone! Hope you are all doing well!:)
  • cassielynacassielyna Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hey 12th! We're mostly moved in our new house, and I made a trip to the paint store this morning... One of the upstairs colours is a light MACO green! :D

Gonna head on STO as soon as I get the kiddos in bed! (everyone think positive thoughts mmkay?) :P
    Cassie Lynn@Achlyssa
    Directive 010
  • mjaymor78mjaymor78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Morning everyone.

Almost got my Orion maxed leveled and ready for the STFs, hopefully I will be able to start STFing with tonight.
    edited July 2012
    I'm grinding up another character, sci again.....seem to do quite a few of those.

Hey-de-Ho!
  • lordxar70lordxar70 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Good afternoon 12th!

Starbase is coming along nicely!!! Looking forward to a lil PvP tonight!!!
  • soleta63soleta63 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    asklepian wrote: »
    Oh, imagine that... Another rainy day! *sigh* Why can't we have a proper summer?! (>_<)

Anyways, hey everyone! Hope you are all doing well!:)

It's what we do
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    Starbase is cooking nicely!
    edited July 2012
    Morning everyone:D
    edited July 2012
    Ohayo gozaimasu everyone! (^_^)

Yay! Sunshine in Denmark for once:D
    edited July 2012
    I'm melting!!!

seriously...too hot for me atm.
    edited July 2012
    I'm melting!!!

seriously...too hot for me atm.

"What a world, what a world"...

Please send some of that heat to Denmark then Jovus - We miss it here(T_T)

X-D
    edited July 2012
    Lovely temperature today - Not too hot and not too cold either. Just... pleasent (^_^)
    edited July 2012
    asklepian wrote: »
    "What a world, what a world"...

Please send some of that heat to Denmark then Jovus - We miss it here(T_T)

X-D

I would...but it doesn't want to go! Tried everything...hexes...chanting....swearing....more swearing...
  • vx989vx989 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I have no idea how long it's been since I've posted here but I'll ballpark it at about a year and with the fleet anniversary coming up on Saturday now's as good a time as any to post again so hello 12th! :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    Morning everyone(^_^)