test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO: Cannot login anymore

amargosa7amargosa7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Hi Support

Yesterday night I was playing the game just fine.
Today I want to login and it doesn't work anymore.
It got greeted with the messaged to use my PWE login.

Again the account was already linked and I can login fine to the websites.
But both the PWE and Cryptic login are declined.
I checked for both accounts spelling and apsswords.
I also tried the passwords crossover in case the linking process mixed it up.

Neither my IDs or the passwords contain any special characters.

What can I do?

Btw: Your "dedicted" PWE support page doesn't work. no matter if I use it in English or German the page causes a infinite page-forwarding loop when I try to create a ticket.
Great support. :(
Post edited by amargosa7 on

Comments

• crimsonlenacrimsonlena Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'd like to say im having the same exact problem, I cant login anymore myself.
  • strifey79strifey79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    That's weird, cause I can sent tickets on the support site myself (Just did it myself) :) now not to throw PWE in a bad light, but I must say that their support/devs/gms/mods can be a little more responsive on this forum. If you look on Blacklight Retribution the Devs of the game (Zombie Studios) and mods are active in the forums.
    edited July 2012
    I can send support tickets too, I just did, and obviously Im posting on the forums, the problem seems to be with STOs account servers. Hopefully they'll get their stuff together, I put in alot of time and money into STO. I've been here since closed beta!
  • optimistprymeoptimistpryme Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Same exact problem here. But it gets better. I was logging in fine with my Cryptic account; and about 3-5 days ago I decided to link it to my PWE account; here's where it gets interesting. I have my "standard" email and my "college" email that I use. I have both registered under PWE (different accounts), and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get a password reset from PWE for my "standard" email; I could receive email from Cryptic's password reset, got the confirmation from the PWE support ticket on my "standard" email, but no password reset from PWE. So the confirmation email says it'll be 3-4 days; it's now been at least 4-5, having gotten tired of waiting with absolutely no response or even hint that anybody's looking at the ticket, I finally decide to link my "standard" email registered to my Cryptic account to my "college" email registered via PWE. It actually worked; I was happy, thinking, yay, finally all this PWE nonsense behind me, now I can just play and play, get the linking reward, and have a happy day. Then I go to log in to STO, same exact problems... my Cryptic account tells me to use my PWE account, and my PWE account says invalid username and password, even though I can log in to the website with my "college" email address as well as the account name along with the password, but no such luck whatsoever on the game client... there's a shocker, PWE breaking the broken even more... can y'all please stop making it a CHORE to play the game!? Would that be possible? Otherwise everybody's going to give up playing and you're going to have to bury this thing under 6 feet of sand! oO

PS - This gets even more infuriating... my fiance who made an STO account the other day, straight through PWE, is able to load right into the game. What the hell kind of crock is this? Shaft the old-schoolers who've been keeping this junk afloat or what!?

EDIT: LOL, oh this gets better, now the launcher is telling me too many tries, please try again later. A broken half-TRIBBLE bunk product that's got more holes than swiss cheese just TROLLED me... really PWE!? This is just rich, WAY too f'n rich! :mad:
  • ro0ro0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I can't log in aswell...
    I have just changed my password, copy pasted it from notepad and my username and still it says In freaking valid username or password. :mad::mad::mad:
    Can I get even more mad FFS TYD :mad:
  • optimistprymeoptimistpryme Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ro0 wrote: »
    I can't log in aswell...
    I have just changed my password, copy pasted it from notepad and my username and still it says In freaking valid username or password. :mad::mad::mad:
    Can I get even more mad FFS TYD :mad:

I feel your pain; you start wondering if it's a typo on your end, if it's something wonky in the code, or what's going on... and with very little, or actually NO feedback from PWE it's harder than hell to figure out what gives or if this will ever actually be fixed. As it is, I still haven't heard jack about why I can't access my PWE account on my "standard" email address, using my "college" email address at present. Even more annoying that it seems some people can get in while others can't... had I known linking accounts would do this (IF it did it), I never would have linked, or in the future, whenever linking is an option anywhere else, I'll login first to make sure the old account still works before linking. I'm even pondering if it's an option to UNLINK accounts, if linking perhaps is the culprit here.

I just made Rear Admiral yesterday, got the new ship, was hoping to run some missions and work toward upper half or even vice admiral today... so much for that I guess. :/
    edited July 2012
    It gets worse, at least for me. I noticed under my account here on the website it does NOT list all my "zen" when I previously had 2,000 Cryptic points (it says 0 Zen).

So what, does transitioning mean remove all credits stored?
  • castertroyt79castertroyt79 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    been away from a few months, came back to check out the new stuff, but now can't log in...guess I'm going back to TSW.
  • ltcolharperltcolharper Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    4 months later and this problem still exists... dafuq?

EDIT: not to mention it's changed my join date on me.