test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Field Test Biogenic Weapon 2/2

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Duty Officer System and R&D
I haven't been able to find this assignment since the interior and Department heads were added. It used to show up in Omega Leonis and Qo'nos all the time now nothing. Has anyone see this mission?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I can't ever find it either. Could someone look into this to see if it's broken?
    edited May 2012
    alot of the Doff missions have moved to various nps inside your ship
    edited May 2012
    We need confirmation that this one moved there then.
    edited May 2012
    I have completed all of those chains AGES ago.......

I havent seen the repeats in over 2 months. Unless they have moved to the medical officer in sick bay. Good thing Im tier 4 because you couldnt pay me to run down and check those officers.

Sad that as a Klingon you are forced to level medical by dealing with tummy aches
    edited May 2012
    These are still available in both sector space and from the ship interior contacts/DH in the duty officer interface.
    edited May 2012
    Heretic wrote:
    These are still available in both sector space and from the ship interior contacts/DH in the duty officer interface.

Could they possibly suffer from the same crowd out problem with the colonization renown? There are a lot of common medical assignmentsthat are always available, much like the colonial assignments.
    edited May 2012
    veldrane wrote: »
    Could they possibly suffer from the same crowd out problem with the colonization renown? There are a lot of common medical assignmentsthat are always available, much like the colonial assignments.

It's definitely possible. Since their rewards are underwhelming until we can figure out a good way to improve them in a unique manner, I haven't been making a point to make sure their availability stays prominent. Once we do improve them, we'll look at availability as well.
    edited May 2012
    Heretic wrote:
    It's definitely possible. Since their rewards are underwhelming until we can figure out a good way to improve them in a unique manner, I haven't been making a point to make sure their availability stays prominent. Once we do improve them, we'll look at availability as well.

I leveled medical klingon side mostly off the bio weapons missions. Its been so long since Ive seen one but IIRC the rewards were great. Its all the missions that have been added like heal a sprained ankle that are underwhelming.
    edited May 2012
    veldrane wrote: »

i think you might have something there... i leveled all my mains to T4 the past couple of weeks. There were always like 20 medical missions everywhere you went. But there might only be a couple even worth doing. ALways seemed like there were 10-15 "someone has a boo boo". Frankly I dont think those should show in sector at all and should be relegated to sick bay.

But like Ive been saying for weeks I havent seen the repeats since they at least when they added the shipboard board officers. and trust me I looked. I spent a couple of days going to nearly every sector every reset and looking and they never appeared. It was always the first missions or "use gamma commedities for so and so".

I ve asked around and no one I have spoken to has seen one either in the past few weeks.
    edited May 2012
    Heretic wrote:

Possibly for kdf or even fed maybe some kind of consumables that do not require you to be out of combat to use that may benefit buff traits or ground activatable skills?
    edited May 2012
    Do you need to be a certain medical commendation level to do the 2/2?
  • xelkhasxelkhas Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I've got commendation rank mediacal 3 - still no success. Did not found any 2/2 missions the last month - looked at various indoor and sector places, no luck.
    Anyone here which did 2/2 in the last days/weeks?
  • attizzattizz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It's just not working. There is no requirement or anything else and it is just a rare mission. I have 4 or 5 open now and my med went to rank 4 but i could not find 2/2 of all these mission. Found 2 very rare borg drone-missions in that time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"What are his rights in this century? Will there be a trial or shall I execute him?" - Worf
  • carl104carl104 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Could be there's so many other missions with a higher priority or higher chance that the system is capping out on he max number of possibble assignments of the relevant type before it rolls for those ones.

just a thought.
  • queetzqueetz Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    carl104 wrote: »
    Could be there's so many other missions with a higher priority or higher chance that the system is capping out on he max number of possibble assignments of the relevant type before it rolls for those ones.

just a thought.

Not in this case. As far as we can tell, the mission is turned off somehow.

I did notice quite a few medical missions popping up more often on my KDF character, but alas, still no Field Test Biogenic Weapon 2/2. It would be nice if they can fix this so those of us that have this pending can finally get it out of the way... :(
    edited August 2012
    At least 1/2 is still there - got my last missing "Synthococcus Novae" mission a few minutes ago - still dead end, because 2/2 does not pop up.
  • queetzqueetz Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    xelkhas wrote: »
    At least 1/2 is still there - got my last missing "Synthococcus Novae" mission a few minutes ago - still dead end, because 2/2 does not pop up.

That's just silly!!! So essentially, a player not knowing about this bug can inadvertently start off the chain that cannot be finished? Sheesh!

Why oh why can't they fix this? I don't even care about the reward, this lack of completion is driving me nuts! Be nice if we can just delete it from the Doff progress screen or something... :mad:
    edited November 2012
    Any news on this?
  • abcde123123abcde123123 Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Xel, you smoking there or something? :) if so can I have some of that stuff you're smoking?

They just released new season update with 50 odd game breaking changes and 100 odd bugs in every part of the system they touched with their clueless hands. It will probably take them another 6 months to fix it... if ever.

And here you ask about biogenic 2/2 mission that haz been missing for years, cause nobody bothered and well yes "it's working as intended".

Srlsly...
    edited November 2012
    You're so right, guess its better for me to stop smoking this stuff ;-).
    edited December 2012
    *bump* - any chance to get this one fixed sometimes?
    edited February 2013
    Any news about this?
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2013
    I was finally able to track down the problem with these missions... they were using an Availability weighting that was not being actively called by any map in the current game.

They've been moved to a "Rare Medical" availability instead.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was finally able to track down the problem with these missions... they were using an Availability weighting that was not being actively called by any map in the current game.

Sweetness :D

But while you're fixing the second mission, can I ask that you make absolutely sure that the first missions aren't suffering the same issue? I know they're supposed to be rare (and they are), but we still want to make sure there's a chance that they'll show up
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Is this live now or going to be in the next patch?
    edited February 2013

Yeah - thx nice to hear. Looking forward in finally doing them.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    trek21 wrote: »
    Sweetness :D

But while you're fixing the second mission, can I ask that you make absolutely sure that the first missions aren't suffering the same issue? I know they're supposed to be rare (and they are), but we still want to make sure there's a chance that they'll show up

the first missions in those chains do show up; i saw some a couple days ago
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    They second mission is not showing up yet. I was hoping it would!
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    indyshark wrote: »
    They second mission is not showing up yet. I was hoping it would!
    That's simply because it hasn't been put in any patch notes yet ;)
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2013
    The fix is in. You're just going to have to be patient for it to make it into a build. Which honestly might not be until the Expansion launches, but hopefully prior to that.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"