test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

C-Store error - Missing KDF Ship!

framesplicerxframesplicerx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
In the hopes that Branflakes or someone else of that ilk spots this:

6 Days ago I submitted a ticket as to why the Koro't'inga class KDF ship was no longer listed as AVAILABLE in my Cstore tab on a new KDF character. I purchased the ship a while back amongst many other KDF ships during a sale.
On my lvl50 KDF toon, I have the console that ONLY comes with that ship via c-store purchase sitting in his inventory. BTw, the console is the "Magnetometric Generator".
In the ticket I suggested they look at that toon to verify that I have the console and thus HAD to have purchased the ship.

Interestingly enough, the toon I originally purchased the ship with ALSO sees the Cstore as not having been purchased.

Today, I recieved a reply that was not what it should have been. It simply stated that there was no record of me having purchased the ship so there is nothing that can be done.

Clearly, that's not the outcome I deserve. Here is photo proof why: http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h358/framesplicer/MagnetometricProof.jpg

I edited and requested a review of their decision and suggested AGAIN to check the character from the account that was sending in the ticket. WHere they can verify I have the console and thus have the ship. Ergo, there is an error on their end. I also requested that my ticket be escalated to another layer of CS.

So I hope someone from Community or CS spots this and views the image- and subsequently helps me resolve this matter. I am happy to resolve this matter in -game or on the phone if that is somehow helpful.

Thank you. :confused:
Post edited by framesplicerx on

Comments

• framesplicerxframesplicerx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    *sigh*
    New response from CS that is completely face palm worthy.

"Despite that you may possess this item in your inventory, we cannot reimburse, grant, refund, or otherwise modify your ship permissions if we don't have a record of you purchasing this ship. This is because there are other ways to get the many of the C-POint ships such as 600day vetern token or emblems (which are no longer avalable)."

Point 1 - I JUST got my 300 day vet notification 1 week ago.
    Point 2 - EMblems have been gone for nearly 7-8 months now.

SO I ask again, how would I have received this Cstore only console if I didn't buy the dang ship from the store.

I really feel like the person handling my ticket doesn't quite get what I'm saying as well as possibly missing key game facts and information. :mad:

Am I crazy here guys and gals? The only way to get the console is to have purchased the ship in question.

I've asked to have my ticket escalated, but I really feel like I'm getting the shaft here. I don't feel like a valued customer.
  • kalavierkalavier Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Apparently others are encountering events of the c-store locking items they have purchased. If this is a wide spread thing, it will not be good for cryptic or perfect world. Especially with new MMO's coming around the corner.
  • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Happened to me too.

Varanus-LOCKED. I BOUGHT THIS SHIP.
    DS9 Bundle-LOCKED. I BOUGHT THIS BUNDLE.

What in the name of Khaless did you do CRYPTIC?! How could you royally mess something like this up?!
    edited July 2012
    Well here's to hoping someone from Community (i.e. Branflakes) can stop by and clear this nonsense up.

The more I think about it, the more infuriating it is. I just want what I paid for. They need to consider that they could possibly have database issues on their end.

To think I was considering getting a Lifetime recently...
  • kalavierkalavier Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Now, my question is... Is it just preventing you from claiming one, or is it actively preventing you from flying one you already had out?

Yeah. A friend kinda went "If this isn't fixed... I for sure am not buying anything from the store again." This kinda error if not fixed would send players away quickly.
  • naffoffpwenaffoffpwe Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    *sigh*
    New response from CS that is completely face palm worthy.

"Despite that you may possess this item in your inventory, we cannot reimburse, grant, refund, or otherwise modify your ship permissions if we don't have a record of you purchasing this ship. This is because there are other ways to get the many of the C-POint ships such as 600day vetern token or emblems (which are no longer avalable)."

Point 1 - I JUST got my 300 day vet notification 1 week ago.
    Point 2 - EMblems have been gone for nearly 7-8 months now.

SO I ask again, how would I have received this Cstore only console if I didn't buy the dang ship from the store.

I really feel like the person handling my ticket doesn't quite get what I'm saying as well as possibly missing key game facts and information. :mad:

Am I crazy here guys and gals? The only way to get the console is to have purchased the ship in question.

It sounds like the CSR hasn't got a clue how the ingame mechanics work and is just looking in Cryptic's obviously bugy database for your transaction history.

Even if you were a 600 day Vet, I don't believe you'd be able to purchase that ship with your Vet token, as they only apply to VA/LG level ships. Emblems did allow you to purchase some ships, Nebula among others but not the Koro'T'inga to my memory. Note that there was one C-store ship given away to each faction, just before F2P, if I recall correctly, not sure which ship it was though.
    I've asked to have my ticket escalated, but I really feel like I'm getting the shaft here. I don't feel like a valued customer.

With the possible exception of a couple of staff, Cryptic as an entity made it clear it didn't care about its paying customers long before it even went F2P. Now its F2P, getting your money for C-Points / Zen appears to be ALL that Cryptic as an entity is interested in (although there still appear to be some staff who actually care about the game / players).
    The user formerly known as DogsBody.
    Here before PWE (and hopefully) here long after PWE is gone.

What this game needs is PvP, NOT PWE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blackwolfnhnblackwolfnhn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I know how you feel awhile ago there was an update to the cryptic store and after that I noticed that I had lost access to the exploration cruiser retrofit, I made a bug report but they kept on saying that they had no record and that I must have gotten it through an in game mission and a bunch of other bull.
    edited July 2012
    The question asked about just trying to claim the ship.

Basically, I made a new KDF character and as I'm leveling the toon, I'm claiming the ships that I bought back in March/April to help spice up the play experience. I bought all these ships on my lvl 50 KDF back then.
    So when I hit a new rank, I claim the ships of that tier.

The problem is that the Koro't'inga Refit, which has the Magnetometric Generator console, is no longer showing as "Available" and instead lists the price again.

I swapped to the my 50 KDF to see if it was the same for that character and it was. I cannot claim as it is showing that it needs to be purchased.

However, if you view the image I linked to in the OP, you can see that I HAVE the console that can only be obtained by buying THAT ship.

Ergo, something is up with their database/purchase history in regards to my account. This is obvious and I have proof of the problem. They can view my inventory on my level 50 and verify that this is actually there.

There is NO other way to obtain that console in the game- only via Cstore purchase.

YET... they are claiming they can't help me as my account is not flagged for having purchased the ship in question. They are additionally throwing flak to cloud the issue by the mention of 600day vet reward and the old emblem system- neither of those can be used to obtain the ship and console! This tells me that I'm dealing with someone who doesn't know the game beyond what the form on his/her desk says... which is clearly outdated and incorrect.

I'm still hopeful a yellow name sees this and inquires on my behalf. Make me feel like a valued customer, dangit!
  • darthoricidarthorici Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    have you tryed twiter to Branflakes ?
    edited July 2012
    darthorici wrote: »
    have you tryed twiter to Branflakes ?
    I don't do twitter, so no... I hadn't thought of that.

But if some Branflakes follower wants to tap his shoulder via twitter, awesome!
    Or they could put his twitter addy here and I can try to do it.

As far as an update, it took 3 days for them to tell me that yes, "they will escalate my ticket."
    I guess that's something...
    edited July 2012
    Latest update.
    Ecalation happened, but I'm still in the weeds it seems:

"We've reviewed your transaction history and we don't show a record of you purchasing the Koro't'inga ship. Here are the ships we do show..."

THen it lists all my KDF purchases.

"Previously it was possible to purchase ships using alternate currencies, such a Energy Credits. If a ship was bought in this manner, it would useable by the character but not be unlocked for the account. Additionally, if the character who bought the ship dismisses it, would not be able to reclaim it."

I wasn't aware you could buy a cstore ship with energy credits!? Oh wait you can't. It defeats the whole point of trying to have "value-added" ships for real money. Again it appears they are missing the point- I have a console you can ONLY get from a Cstore purchase, so I have PURCHASED the ship via the CSTORE!!!

They close with "I will not be able to unlock the ship on your account, and I am very sorry for any inconvience this may cause."

So I'm back where I started. I replied with this:
    Reply to CS escalate response:
    Thanks for the reply. The problem is, this ship and it's console are NOT purchaseable in the game via Enery Credits or any othre means. It's purely a Cstore purchase FOR the bloody console (Magnetometric Generator.) You cannot buy this ship in any other way than via the Cstore. Feel free to visit the in-game KDF ship vendor to verify this.

I bought all those ships (aside from the B'Rel) AND the one in question around the same time- perhaps all on the same day. I can't recall. The entire point was to get the consoles on the ships. This would have been in the past 4-5months, during a sale.

I'm curious why it seems there is no consideration to a database error. The information about how to acquire the ships is in-game. You can see that I have that console which is ONLY available through purchasing the ship via CSTORE- the in-game ships that do not cost CPoints/Zen do NOT come with consoles.You can see that I've spent a lot of money with your company on ships. You can see that I have a lot of ships. We both can see this ship isn't expensive. I'm just trying to get what I paid for and continue using the store and not feeling like I'm being ripped off. This is not hard to figure out- review what I'm putting forward, go into the game and try to buy a ship that has console without using Cpoints.

Please escalate my ticket to the next level then. Perhaps to a supervisor. Again, I'm happy to be contacted by phone and discuss this matter.

This is really coming to the principal of the matter and what I view as the CS's dismissal of customer issues- or at least MY issue.

It's pretty logical:
    • Customer claims to be missing Item A.
    • We don't show they have purchased Item A.
    • They actively have Item B, which is part of purchasing Item A. No other way to obtain Item B in the game.
    • The only logical explanation, within the rules of the game, is that they did purchase Item A and there is an error within CS/Accounts database.
    • Unlock Item A for customer and apologize for the mix-up.
    • Customer walks away feeling valued, and will likely spend more money in future.
  • kevlintallfellowkevlintallfellow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I was just looking at the ship requisitions to get a Tal'Kyr Support Craft to play around with in The Vault, and it's saying that it's part of the original series bundle, when it's obviously part of the Vulcan D'Kyr Science Vessel purchase. So, it won't let me claim one, even though I have a Vulcan D'Kyr Science Vessel claimed already, and one of my other Starfleet characters owns a Tal'Kyr Support Craft.

Obviously, the Season 6 update that changed the store over to Zen has totally screwed up several of the items in the store.
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    lack of reading comprehension is big on the CS team. I am fluent in 6 languages and i have never seen so much reading fail as in my CS tickets. I often think that the CS team is just having an internal trolling contest.

That being said, if the option for live chat still exists use that, that usually works a lot better.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    They don't care... They have your money, so why should they bother fixing a problem for you?

And sadly, I did'n even mean that sarcastically.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    In the hopes that Branflakes or someone else of that ilk spots this:

6 Days ago I submitted a ticket as to why the Koro't'inga class KDF ship was no longer listed as AVAILABLE in my Cstore tab on a new KDF character. I purchased the ship a while back amongst many other KDF ships during a sale.
    On my lvl50 KDF toon, I have the console that ONLY comes with that ship via c-store purchase sitting in his inventory. BTw, the console is the "Magnetometric Generator".
    In the ticket I suggested they look at that toon to verify that I have the console and thus HAD to have purchased the ship.

Interestingly enough, the toon I originally purchased the ship with ALSO sees the Cstore as not having been purchased.

Today, I recieved a reply that was not what it should have been. It simply stated that there was no record of me having purchased the ship so there is nothing that can be done.

Clearly, that's not the outcome I deserve. Here is photo proof why: http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h358/framesplicer/MagnetometricProof.jpg

I edited and requested a review of their decision and suggested AGAIN to check the character from the account that was sending in the ticket. WHere they can verify I have the console and thus have the ship. Ergo, there is an error on their end. I also requested that my ticket be escalated to another layer of CS.

So I hope someone from Community or CS spots this and views the image- and subsequently helps me resolve this matter. I am happy to resolve this matter in -game or on the phone if that is somehow helpful.

Thank you. :confused:

i had the same thing with br'el sorry we cant prove u payd for it tuff luck.

was a bit miffed at 1st but i only wanted it for pvp so big loss and i just stick to my kar'fi til they make something better
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • naffoffpwenaffoffpwe Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    OP, I checked my account and it seems this particular error is not unique to you. I've also purchased the Koro'T'inga in the past. I checked on a toon that had previously claimed the ship and still has the ship in his ship selection outfitted ready to use.

The C-Store now shows it as not unlocked and requiring me to purchase it, despite also saying on the same screen that "You already have this item in your inventory" - displayed just below the ship's picture in the C-Store.

So the game knows I have the ship but wants me to purchase it again? Sounds a lot like a bugged database to me. For what its worth, I /BUGged it #1364434, should someone from Cryptic wish to take a look at the issue.

I took a screenshot, which I could probably post here but I doubt it would achieve anything.
    The user formerly known as DogsBody.
    Here before PWE (and hopefully) here long after PWE is gone.

What this game needs is PvP, NOT PWE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    naffoffpwe wrote: »
    OP, I checked my account and it seems this particular error is not unique to you. I've also purchased the Koro'T'inga in the past. I checked on a toon that had previously claimed the ship and still has the ship in his ship selection outfitted ready to use.

The C-Store now shows it as not unlocked and requiring me to purchase it, despite also saying on the same screen that "You already have this item in your inventory" - displayed just below the ship's picture in the C-Store.

So the game knows I have the ship but wants me to purchase it again? Sounds a lot like a bugged database to me. For what its worth, I /BUGged it #1364434, should someone from Cryptic wish to take a look at the issue.

I took a screenshot, which I could probably post here but I doubt it would achieve anything.

If I were you, I'd submit a ticket in game. I just had my issue resolved last night! :)

It wasn't exactly the outcome I want, mostly because they turn-ed their nose up at having an error on their end. The wording was along the lines of:
    "I've talked with my supervisor and reviewed the ticket with him. We do not show a purchase made by you on this ship, and we have no reason to assume a database error occurred. However, as a token of good faith, we have credited your Zen balance by 1000. This is the exact cost of the koro't'inga ship."

So in the end, I got my ship "back" and I can move on from this issue.
    All this considered, and the fact that it took nearly 12 days from initial ticket submission... I'd still suggest you put in a ticket, and create a new forum post. Keep escalating when you hit a road-block. They told me they couldn't help me 4 times before I finally some kind of movement with them.
    I'm pleased with the outcome, just miffed at the process to get what I paid for.
  • xxdieshixxxxdieshixx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I was just looking at the ship requisitions to get a Tal'Kyr Support Craft to play around with in The Vault, and it's saying that it's part of the original series bundle, when it's obviously part of the Vulcan D'Kyr Science Vessel purchase. So, it won't let me claim one, even though I have a Vulcan D'Kyr Science Vessel claimed already, and one of my other Starfleet characters owns a Tal'Kyr Support Craft.

Obviously, the Season 6 update that changed the store over to Zen has totally screwed up several of the items in the store.

Agreed, i just purchased the d'kyr myself about 20 minutes ago. same problem. at first i thought it was me, but now i know better. season six is a bust! :mad: i really hope they fix this soon, between the exchange going on the fritz and people's requisitions not being recorded, this may be STO's last season.
  • cmdrskyfallercmdrskyfaller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ""Previously it was possible to purchase ships using alternate currencies, such a Energy Credits. If a ship was bought in this manner, it would useable by the character but not be unlocked for the account. Additionally, if the character who bought the ship dismisses it, would not be able to reclaim it.""

That is bull**** actually. Pre-F2P when you purchased the Nebula Tier 3 you unlocked it in all characters in the account. I had three fed characters flying nebulas this way. When the cstore begun to be the sole focus of the dev efforts we were told the already unlocked ships would remain account wide....and lo and behold that promise was broken as hard as the game was.

In any case,

OP here's what you need to do:

Gather all written communications between you and the CSR team. Get your screenshots.

If you paid for cpoints at any point in time, find those transaction in your credit card statement. It must add up to the cpoint cost of the ship.

Then simply submit a dispute with your credit card company. That gives Cryptic/PWE literally 30 days to either get that TRIBBLE fixed or refund the money. It costs the companies a lot more to solve a dispute than it costs them to refund the money so usually they will try to get it right or else they'll end up fighting the credit card company not you.

As long as you have your documentation you're fine.