Install Arc
Options

Ferengi Lock Box Last Chance

Comments

• Options
    shapeywhelmshapeywhelm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    brigadooom wrote: »
    Good riddance. I hope against all good sense that this is the end of lock boxes :o :rolleyes:

yea but they will keep selling master keys to people for no reason at all, other then TRIBBLE you that's why, oh and we like money.

They will never ever stop doing new lock boxes, it's to good of a money maker.
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Good riddance. I hope against all good sense that this is the end of lock boxes

Good Luck with this ... with Master Keys & Lobi Stuff still ingame it's not gonna happen, they already built their own Lockbox (-Cage) with this ****, doubt they'll drop this entirely and wonder how it would be possible ... for crying out loud there is an extra Lockbox Key Category on the Exchange ...

= Tholian or possibly Breen - Lockboxes incoming ...

PS : pretty sure the reason for Ferengi Lockboxes being around for so long was S6, because they didn't have the time to do the next Lockbox within 2 Weeks ... :P
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    A new ship weapon:

Lock Box Rail Gun
    Fore weapon

Fires a lock box at your target. Upon impact, there is a small chance to have a Galor/D'kora class ship come out and assist you.

500 Kinetic damage
    90 degree firing arc
    3 second recharge

.5% chance: Summoning a Galor/D'kora class ship to your assistence.

The ship you get depends on whether you're using the Cardassian or the Ferengi version.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    ebonbeardebonbeard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Nah, the next lockbox will just be another stupid freighter.
  • Options
    brackynewsbrackynews Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    wolfpacknz wrote: »
    Next up, the Lock box Lock box, where you can win a lock box pet to follow you around as you play :)

It's a strategic Need/Greed tool. You activate it and it floods the windows so other people end up clicking Pass on their chips. :eek::D
    =/\= Transwarp 10.0 Victory Achieved on 26-July-2012, Six Months After F2P =/\=
  • Options
    kingofhearts888kingofhearts888 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Not sure if they have posted this anywhere, I was just wondering. They have been here for months, and I doubt people are very happy they are still dropping. I assumed they would stop with S6 but I was wrong. Anything more than 2 weeks seems unneccesary.
  • Options
    verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Not sure if they have posted this anywhere, I was just wondering. They have been here for months, and I doubt people are very happy they are still dropping. I assumed they would stop with S6 but I was wrong. Anything more than 2 weeks seems unneccesary.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=610721
  • Options
    mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
  • Options
    palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    yay!!!! i am so happy a sliver of greed for mostly TRIBBLE prizes is going away!!!! yay!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Can't wait for the next lockbox and update to the Lobi store. Probably a Breen sci/tac hybrid will be the next ship, but I wonder what they will add to the Lobi store. Maybe a new ship ;)
  • Options
    erockererocker Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Thanks for the "last chance" warning, however the 100's of lockboxes currently in my bank don't need any more friends. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I didn't read thru the entire thread but thought I would put this out there for those that do not know: Lockboxes are here to stay. Whether it is Ferengi, Cardassian, Tholian, Breen, Remen, Vulcan.......the only way to stop the boxes is to stop buying the Master Keys. Period.

Class dismissed.
  • Options
    beritpandionberitpandion Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ok is it just me of have they started dropping like candy the last couple days? and if so is this intentional? I only started a week or 2 ago and saw none. Last couple of days they're more common than normal loot to the point that I have over 50 between 2 chars. I thought they were supposed to be rare or something?? I got news for PWE they might have gotten me to subscribe as over all I like the game BUT there's no way I'm buying keys to open a loot box.
  • Options
    verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    They are ending this week, check the announcements http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=309801
  • Options
    beritpandionberitpandion Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yea my bad. Sorry. Totally missed this somehow and I do nothing but read here all night at work since I can't play. LOL
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    voporak wrote: »
    And good riddance, I must honestly say Brandon they won't be missed.

Now is your opertunity to stop shoveling TRIBBLE into our mouth. Thanks for getting rid of them by the way.
  • Options
    geekdavidgeekdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    One would hope that Perfect World is getting the message that Lock Boxes aren't popular.

Alas, I fear we'll be disappointed.

Oh, well, it only takes a moment to "Discard All" on a full stack of 20.
  • Options
    darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited July 2012
    Meh, never opened a single box and deleted them on site unless some other poor sod got them instead.

Yay for my immersion not being totally ruined by lockboxes appearing!
  • Options
    felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    tobar26th wrote: »
    Agreed...but I'm unsure as they're still selling Master Keys....make of it what you will :)

There's probably WAY more lockboxes floating around than people who actually bought keys... Eventually they may drop keys from the store, but as long as there are boxes out there, there could be people hoping to open them.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    As of Wednesday, July 18th, around noon PDT, Ferengi Lock Boxes will stop dropping as in-game rewards. Now's your opportunity to open one of these boxes for a chance at some spectacular prizes. Read more for full details.

Click here to read more.

I am so sad they are going away... I will miss the massive discarding and the message of "Everyone has passed on the Ferrengi Lock Box". The thing I find funny like on KDF side atleast objects in Pi Canis that normally never drop anything will drop a lockbox 100% of the time when you destroy them.
  • Options
    blackmarch0blackmarch0 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Oh thank god for that, they are really getting on my t*ts.

the amount of times i could have a decent drop I had them instead..

altho a dropbox cannon would of been preferable to rid them at the enemy would of found one use for them!

This is one happy player! :D
    Im sure as long as there is 1 lockbox left in the game they will be sellin keys.
  • Options
    arveduyarveduy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Seeing as I don't want to be banned I will refrain from saying anything bad about lockboxes or PWE. I will say that I expect to see quite a few parties celebrating this... And might join one. ;)
  • Options
    edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I cant wait the next lockbox but fix that exchange first....I have no make millions by trading and getting everything in those lockboxes without spending a euro :D
    I have 210 master keys (bought them for 700,000 ec each) waiting in my inventory the day the new lockbox will hit the average player and his wallet :rolleyes:
  • Options
    admiralsteeleadmiralsteele Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    when i first read the OP i was wondering if they would finally stop this shi* but then i remembered who is running STO
  • Options
    zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    good riddance

'nuf said
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    whitewhale80whitewhale80 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Why wait? there are plenty of good days to ditch that rubbish before the 18th.

Hopefully the next load which are shoved down our throats will have at least a token EC value to be sold at.
  • Options
    cmdrskyfallercmdrskyfaller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So once they are gone how the hell are people supposed to get lobi?
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So once they are gone how the hell are people supposed to get lobi?

i bleive they said all lock boxes from now on will have lobi u can always buy them from xchange or dilituhm store 200dilituhm LOL rip off they should be free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nyiadnyiad Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    voporak wrote: »
    And good riddance, I must honestly say Brandon they won't be missed.

^ /Thread

I wonder what the next scam will be....? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    as Of Wednesday, July 18th, Around Noon Pdt, Ferengi Lock Boxes Will Stop Dropping As In-game Rewards. Now's Your Opportunity To Open One Of These Boxes For A Chance At Some Spectacular Prizes. Read More For Full Details.

click Here To Read More.

Yessssss!!!!!!!!! :D
    I need a beer.