test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ferengi Lock Box Last Chance

13»

Comments

• futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I've got about a hundred of them in the bank. I'll open some for more Lobi to finish the Ferengi ship set, then the rest are going to the exchange.

Don't think anyone will buy them? Think again. Cardassian lock boxes sell for ~3000 EC now, and I discarded close to a hundred of those.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    At last! Those damn Ferengi stayed for too long.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Tholion Lock boxes coming soon. so why are you all jumping for joy, so many people here complaining about lock boxes, and saying no one every buys the keep. i call bull on that cuz if no one got the keys, they would not keep bringing them back over and over again. the boxes make's money for the game, so some people have a place to get angry on. :P
    GwaoHAD.png
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i have no probelm with the lockboxes but they should not drop in game put them in the dilithium store for 0 dilithium problem solved.

if the next one is a warbird im going to have to get my wallet out and get some zins
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sortofsortof Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Don't think anyone will buy them? Think again. Cardassian lock boxes sell for ~3000 EC now, and I discarded close to a hundred of those.

100 x 3000 - you lost 300k credits.
    Whatever we deny or embrace, we belong togheter./ Pat Benatar
  • captainstevetngcaptainstevetng Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Trust me we don't need any extra time stop those awful things from dropping now...
  • shadowgirlshadowgirl Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    My guess is Andorian Box. Most people I talk to want an Andorian ship and it makes sense since they are fierce fighters themselves.
  • shapeywhelmshapeywhelm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    shadowgirl wrote: »
    My guess is Andorian Box. Most people I talk to want an Andorian ship and it makes sense since they are fierce fighters themselves.

nope, they said any race that belongs to feds like that won't have a ship in a lockbox. they just get released to c-store (see caitian and vulcan ships)
  • naffoffpwenaffoffpwe Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    voporak wrote: »
    And good riddance, I must honestly say Brandon they won't be missed.

I agree wholeheartedly. Nothing breaks the immersion factor more than having those unwanted lock boxes popping up every time I shoot something.
    The user formerly known as DogsBody.
    Here before PWE (and hopefully) here long after PWE is gone.

What this game needs is PvP, NOT PWE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Great news! Thank you very much. I hope they will let at least some months pass till the next "lockbox experience".
  • kdr37kdr37 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ok is it just me of have they started dropping like candy the last couple days? and if so is this intentional? I only started a week or 2 ago and saw none.

I only started a couple of days ago and only *really* played yesterday...and I collected SIX drop-boxes. I looked on the exchange to see if I could get rid. I could, but there were loads listed.

Maybe they're just a necessary evil, though? I mean, the game is basically free if you want it to be, and I guess the devs have to make some cash somehow (though with that in mind, I bet they have plenty of 'somehows' like GoogleAds or something; others are bound to know more/better).
  • clearbeardclearbeard Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    kdr37 wrote: »
    I only started a couple of days ago and only *really* played yesterday...and I collected SIX drop-boxes. I looked on the exchange to see if I could get rid. I could, but there were loads listed.

Maybe they're just a necessary evil, though? I mean, the game is basically free if you want it to be, and I guess the devs have to make some cash somehow (though with that in mind, I bet they have plenty of 'somehows' like GoogleAds or something; others are bound to know more/better).

Necessary? No. Evil? Yes. Profitable? Definitely. And the last one is the most important. Could Cryptic and PWE make money on STO without lockboxes? Most likely. Would they make as MUCH money, and hence have as much capital to feed back into the game? Probably not. So while they're evil, and not a necessity, I'm fine with having them in the game and just ignoring them, until I fill up another stack of 20 and have to discard it.

If you or someone you know has a gambling addiction, with in game lockboxes or anything else, please seek professional help.
  • gimpelinegimpeline Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Great news. Mabye I will try to log in again once this TRIBBLE is gone
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    is it just the lockboxes which are being removed or the whole Lobi System? If the Lobis are here to stay, are we able to buy the stuff which is currently available in the Lobi-Store or will it be completely revamped?
  • alidarjalidarj Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I know in today's world it's widely acceptable for People and corporations to act as pitiful and greedy as a Ferengi, but these lock boxes, and any content that requires money from the real world as a whole is going too far, not to mention being unfair to those who play faithfully and put aside just as much, if not more time from real life activities, but can't afford the additional funds required to buy zen in order to have equal footing with the rest of the players.

Although since paid content systems are only favored by a minority of players, who are wrongfully labeled the majority, resulting in them being forced into almost every new and old game alike, how about offering those who can't afford the paid (i.e. "Cheat") content, to 'opt out' of receiving lock boxes and let them receive the same loot they may have gotten if the lock boxes were never created in the first place, but of course, also allow the choice to 'opt in' or 'opt out' depending on the state of their finances at the time.

Also this is my opinion and suggestion, but i am sure many will agree with me, so I ask that some attention is paid to this, and that I also don't expect Cryptic or Perfect World to take this anymore seriously than a Ferengi would an employee asking for an employee discount.
  • rodneywollamrodneywollam Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    With the news that the lobi store will be emptied out, what are we to do with our lobi crystals? Can they be sold to a vender somewhere (a la the particles that are sold to the bartender at Starfleet Academy)?
  • tomn8ortomn8or Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I didn't know that they were also going to remove all the Ferengi stuff from the Lobi store as well. I wanted that whip! I had enough just never bought it. I thought they were going to expand the Lobi store, not replace it. I don't remember having that announced anywhere. Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait awhile for the lockboxes to recycle, or maybe some special event.
  • captainkirk300captainkirk300 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Who cares I'm going for tholian ships