Install Arc
Options

Season 6: Under Siege is live!

Comments

• Options
    linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    attizz wrote: »
    I think the Dev's are playing alone now, not realizing that our normal gameplay is affected :rolleyes:
    Now that would be funny. As they start running through the game, one of the developers stops and says, "Guys? Did someone forget to plug in the severs? Where did all the people go?"
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Thanks to the Cryptic/PWE personel for creating this huge update, and to all the Tribble testers who helped it reach its full potential!
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    malan29malan29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    finious2 wrote: »
    omg people you all know that there is always problems when a patch come out. it is just a fact of life. get over it and stop your whining. they will get it fixed
    and it will be fun .

You really expect that to work? Cute.
  • Options
    kougharkoughar Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Thanks to the Cryptic/PWE personel for creating this huge update, and to all the Tribble testers who helped it reach its full potential!

Its full potential of not working?
  • Options
    historiphilehistoriphile Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Servers down after a new Season is patched. It's to be expected, even if it's frustrating.

Just based on past Seasons upon their introduction, the crystal ball says we can expect server troubles and numerous short-notice maintenance periods in the next few weeks.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    linyive wrote: »
    Now that would be funny. As they start running through the game, one of the developers stops and says, "Guy?!?! Did someone forget to plug in the severs? Where did all the people go?"

Well, I'm queued as player 6678 out of over 10,000! I rose 3 positions in ten minutesl then the server disconnected me. Someone really, really, screwed up. Or worse: it's working as intended.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    meowitupmeowitup Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    managed to get in long enough to play one of the new pve instances, must say i really enjoyed it, am looking forward to checking everything out once the smoke clears from the server and the hampsters are replaced, this looks like its going to be alote of fun.
  • Options
    bobnooniansinghbobnooniansingh Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    "...normal gameplay is not possible."

FTFY ;)
  • Options
    evilmysticevilmystic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    woot i got logged in and selected a toon just to be told i have a duplicate log in and got booted back out ...

second attempt i got a toon selected and it says it is loading .. but it is loading Sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow 2 min's and i got 10%
  • Options
    dnaangel9dnaangel9 Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Okies, for once I was wrung then, butt honestly, I'm happy to have been wrung this time. :)

lol, i called it soon as i saw a 7 hr downtime..and the 1.1gb patch was a dead givaway
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Sweet, i logged in long enough to see for some reason my HUD was screwed up and before i got a chance to try to fix it, disconnected.
  • Options
    adv3n7adv3n7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    koughar wrote: »
    Its full potential of not working?

Hey I helped it reach this point, i cant imagine we've seen the full magnitude of season 6 yet.
  • Options
    linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Well, I'm queued as player 6678 out of over 10,000! I rose 3 positions in ten minutesl then the server disconnected me. Someone really, really, screwed up. Or worse: it's working as intended.
    I would be very mad. Since I have paid over a hundred dollars into c-points (zen), within only a few months, I would have expected to have overcome this particular obstacle. I feel everyone's pain.
  • Options
    badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    With the server problems what they are, this should teach them to name a new season after a crappy Steven Segal movie...
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    The server is now back up. Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

This was posted earlier.. although for some reason I still can't get in, I guess it's server spam.
  • Options
    deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    meowitup wrote: »
    managed to get in long enough to play one of the new pve instances, must say i really enjoyed it, am looking forward to checking everything out once the smoke clears from the server and the hampsters are replaced, this looks like its going to be alote of fun.

tribbles...cryptic uses tribbles not hamsters, with purr conversion piezoelectrics. much more advanced than the ancient hamster wheels...though with about the same reliability unfortunately...progress isn't always improvement :\
    Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
  • Options
    sierrafortunesierrafortune Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    STO Twitter: The Server is back up!

Logs in...

waits a few minutes for the character select screen to appear

clicks a character

loading....43%.....

SERVER IS NOT RESPONDING

Fan-frickin'-tastic
  • Options
    c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    With the server problems what they are, this should teach them to name a new season after a crappy Steven Segal movie...

This made me Lol so hard!!! :D
  • Options
    attizzattizz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The server is up, it just don't let you in :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"What are his rights in this century? Will there be a trial or shall I execute him?" - Worf
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Season 6: Under Siege is live!

It will be later, but for now the more accurate statement would be:
    "It's dead, Jim."

:D
  • Options
    homotrollicushomotrollicus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It's been months since our last unexpected downtime.
    Better later than never, or what they say... :D
  • Options
    sarliksarlik Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Try again, it just came up for me.

My advice: Avoid map transitions and using replicators/vendors whenever possible -- these seem to have the most lag at the moment and most likely to occur immediately before a disconnect.

* fingers crossed *
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    noooooo! :( i just seen the closed sign, darn it all! Q! what sort of trickery is this! explain yourself!
    Worf: Captian, we're being hailed
    Picard: On Screen
    ???: We are PWE, you will terminate connectivity and discontinue login attempts, your service and your C-Points will be assimilated, resistance is futile...
    Picard: Worf raise shields!
    Worf: Raising shields!
    (explosion and ship shaking)
    Worf: Forward shields down to 74% Captain!
    Picard: Number One fire all phasers and ready Tricobalt torpedos, full spread on my mark!
    Worf: Shields at 42%, we can't take much more of this captain!
    PWE: you will C-Points will be assimilated, resi...
    Picard: cut all communications!
    Crusher: yes captain
    Picard: Fire!
    Riker: Firing Tricobalt torpedos, full spread!
    Worf: Shields at 14%, Brace for Impact!
    Picard: all hands Brace for impact!
    (15 seconds later)
    Worf: Captain, something's not right.
    Crusher: Wait, i sense something, permission to open communications Captain.
    Picard: permission granted, on screen
    PWE: we are sorry but the servers are full at the moment, you have been placed in cue, you are number 3964 of 10526, when this message is done, we will proceed to attack your vessel...
    Picard: let's get out now while we are in one piece, Data, warp 9.5
    Data: yes Captain
    (warp view and SFX)
    (end)
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    sarlik wrote: »
    Try again, it just came up for me.

My advice: Avoid map transitions and using replicators/vendors whenever possible -- these seem to have the most lag at the moment and most likely to occur immediately before a disconnect.

* fingers crossed *

Nope, PWE just hates me.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I guess Season 6: Under Siege is...under siege. Ha!

:P
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    hospitalariushospitalarius Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    it seems to be working now... but loggin que unfortuantely again... :(
  • Options
    sierrafortunesierrafortune Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Now it's saying I can't login with an existing character?

TRIBBLE it, this isn't worth repeated attempt, I'll check back in a few hours and see if it's back up, until then I'm not buying anything that says it's back.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I would be ok with queues, but with a queue, i expect to be able to get into the queue and sit and wait in it until i get in without getting disconnected. I also expect that once I do get through the queue, to not get get disconnected in a matter of seconds just to have to try to queue again.
  • Options
    dessniperdessniper Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Did anyone at PWE think to check on the hamster that powers the servers?
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    OO OO I'm in queue, again....