Pakled
Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by notapwefan on

Comments

• mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It's summer. Can you imagine the heat on Vulcan? They're probably hibernating.

I think I've seen one in the entire game.
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It's also at the slower end of science vessels. S6 is good news for science vessels - a good one can carry a blockade run - but mainly for fast science vessels.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'd at least add Rigelians, and probably a few others including Letheans and Benzites. Also, I made a Benzite and a Tellarite in my mission, Exploratory Crisis - not much other than NPC group fillers, but they still count :D

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • carmenaracarmenara Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    How about... Russians and Chinese?

I rarely see any of them LOL

Ironically I've met Indonesians and Malaysians in-game. Fun bunch. Malaysians have a fleet named after a university of theirs.
    STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Nebulas and Galaxy-R's aren't very common, but you see them every now and then. Galors aren't very common either, you see even the Bug more often.

Rigelians and Tellerites are the most uncommon races as well, Packeleds too (I think I've only seen one...), there are surprisingly few Andorians I've found, you don't often see them.

The Galaxy-X used to be quite rare as well, but you see it a lot more often lately. Oddly I started seeing more after I got one. (I guess I'm a trend setter :P )
  • skhcskhc Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Never see Rigellians, Pakleds or Letheans. Rarely see Saurians or Tellerites.
    I also never see player-character Orion men. Tells you plenty about the gender demographic in STO. :D

Ship-wise, apart from the D'Kyr, I don't run across too many Gal-Rs or Deep Space Science Vessels.
    edited July 2012
    skhc wrote: »
    Never see Rigellians, Pakleds or Letheans. Rarely see Saurians or Tellerites.
    I also never see player-character Orion men. Tells you plenty about the gender demographic in STO. :D

Ship-wise, apart from the D'Kyr, I don't run across too many Gal-Rs or Deep Space Science Vessels.

I've seen a few male Orions. But yeah... definitely more females though... :D
  • captrayvenwingcaptrayvenwing Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    notapwefan wrote: »
    D'Kyr Science Vessel...been a long time since I saw one

Tellarite
    Pakled

Lets see they made tellerites look like Dwarves. So when you see one run by you half expect him to yell some obscenity about elves.

and who in their right mind wants to play a race who says things like "we look for things. Things ta make us go." i mean these are the forest gump of space faring races and at least he was good natured.
    The Account formally known as Rayvenwing
    Actual Join Date : Feb 2010

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Pretty much any of the "ugly" races, as everyone wants to be pretty it seems. Also, whoever said Orion males was absolutely right; I've never seen one, and it's a shame because (like the females) the males get slightly more outfit options than other KDF races.

My next KDF will probably be an Orion male, but at the same time, I hate to give up the awesome customization offered by choosing Alien.
    there are surprisingly few Andorians I've found, you don't often see them.
    I see them often enough to not count them out, but yeah, there could be more. It's a shame too, because I think their antennas are adorable.
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • synkr0nizedsynkr0nized Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I am surprised, too.
    I thought I saw more of them more often when I first started playing. It's like they've all retired.

Mine is my first character, and she still rocks.

I miss seeing Nebulas. I actually have seen Intrepids (retrofits) and a D'Kyr the other day.
    And my own Marauder FDC is typically the only time I see that class floatin' about.

I can't be certain, but I don't think I've ever run into a Lethean or Rigelian captain.
    _______
    equal parts cynical and helpful
  • notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You can spot Lethans in QnoS and dorzana and they are usually at lower level of the career.
    One factor of not so much diversity is, as someone wrote before, player want to look pretty in the game :)
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    yeah, I don't see too many Nebulas around, but I love playing them.

The only guy I know who plays a Gorn has multiple characters. As someone said, people with only one character tend to choose a character that they like the look of.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • mandrake45mandrake45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Orion males aren't that uncommon, the ones I see are typically shirtless.

I think I saw my first Saurian PC yesterday and a Tellarite today. Not sure if I've ever seen a Rigellan or Pakled.
    Having trouble with ground STFs? Looking for help?

Join the STFHelp channel
  • quiverboxquiverbox Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Lets see they made tellerites look like Dwarves. So when you see one run by you half expect him to yell some obscenity about elves.

and who in their right mind wants to play a race who says things like "we look for things. Things ta make us go." i mean these are the forest gump of space faring races and at least he was good natured.

Yeah, I'm not convinced anyone has ever played Pakled. They were memorable, but not in a good way.
    notapwefan wrote: »
    You can spot Lethans in QnoS and dorzana and they are usually at lower level of the career.
    One factor of not so much diversity is, as someone wrote before, player want to look pretty in the game :)

It sounds like the consensus is that there are few Letheans because they aren't pretty?
    Whatever. My pretty Bajoran fed captain would totally do some unconscionable things with my hot Lethean captain.
    edited July 2012
    One thing that's just occured to me is that, apart from the obvious reasons for female over male orions, females have the more useful trait when you compare seductive vs physical strength.

Join the STFHelp channel
    edited July 2012
    True, but seductive only works on MALE NPCs. It has no good effect on female NPCs or OC.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited July 2012
    As far as I'm aware, seductive reduces threat gen regardless of what gender you're shooting at.

Join the STFHelp channel
    edited July 2012
    mandrake45 wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware, seductive reduces threat gen regardless of what gender you're shooting at.

And your correct cause i use it all the time.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    Ah, so it does have an effect on Female NPCs? cool. :D

Hmm... does seductive work on male PCs?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Klingons...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
    edited July 2012
    Ah, so it does have an effect on Female NPCs? cool. :D

Hmm... does seductive work on male PCs?

Threat gen reduction doesn't work on PCs period. I think you're getting seductive and seduce mixed up.

Join the STFHelp channel
  • joenatljoenatl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ships come in waves. When the D'kel was new you would see them everywhere, same for the excelsior. Now its the kitty carrier and armitage. The Garumba is another one that you don't see often anymore.

I think its odd people change out their end game ships so often, I was a defiant player that got lucky and got a bug. So I've spent the time since the holiday give away gearing it up, and I could not see changing out.
  • waveofthefuturewaveofthefuture Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I have a leathean, Fearatos. I am rather suprised that there isn't more of them. The only race that could keep up with my character in combat was a Jem'Hadar. Those phycic attacks come in handy against pretty much anything.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited July 2012

You seen some of the people in Zone Chat? Pakleds would be an improvement. ;)
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
    edited July 2012
    You seen some of the people in Zone Chat? Pakleds would be an improvement. ;)

thats a totally diffrent subject!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    I have a leathean, Fearatos. I am rather suprised that there isn't more of them. The only race that could keep up with my character in combat was a Jem'Hadar. Those phycic attacks come in handy against pretty much anything.

They're really ugly.

Now, if we had a race of lanky blue women with psychic abilities, we'd be seeing a LOT of those. :P
  • quiverboxquiverbox Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    They're really ugly.

Now, if we had a race of lanky blue women with psychic abilities, we'd be seeing a LOT of those. :P

Letheans aren't objectively ugly, they just aren't sufficiently humanoid and/or do not come playable as females with DD TRIBBLE.

You could make something similar to such a lanky blue woman with the trait Telekinetic (I think that's what it's called).
  • aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    thats a totally diffrent subject!!
    IRL Pakleds don't count.
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif