Install Arc
Options

Hearts and Minds Returns

Comments

• Options
    k4pt41nk4ng4r00k4pt41nk4ng4r00 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    flywiz wrote: »
    Yes. It's fairly simple; If you can't play it, you can't. I can't. So, oh well. I'll have my chance, not now, but, in a year, if need be.

No one said anything about making it last forever, just putting it on the days the most people would get to play it. Add me to the "glad your not a dev" list.
  • Options
    flywizflywiz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    No one said anything about making it last forever, just putting it on the days the most people would get to play it. Add me to the "glad your not a dev" list.

I bow out of this conversation, because I don't want to make any more people mad. I'm sorry if I somehow offended you. I don't plan on becoming a dev, nor does anyone else. Adios, friends.
  • Options
    sjameshsjamesh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Is this the one with Doctor Sibak and his clones?
    Say NO to ARC!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    sjamesh wrote: »
    Is this the one with Doctor Sibak and his clones?

Yarr that it be
  • Options
    odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    And Remember...

This Mission Won't Be Around Again Till Setember 13th 2013...

That's more than a year from now.

That's not necessarily true. They said before that they'd have an event for it on every Friday the 13th but also other specific dates. This likely implies Halloween, so expect to see it again in a few months.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Thanks for re-running this Cryptic. I know a lot of people panned this mission, but I remember enjoying it the first time. It was a nice, little, simple story-content mission that I thought had an equally neat reward.

I seem to recall this was done in a dev's "spare time", but I don't really know what it took to get it completed/in-game, but I wish Cryptic would release many more of these sort of "10 minute story missions."

If they didn't leave them always open, maybe if we had dozens of them, we could cycle through and have one or two a month to replay/be available to new people/characters.

That would make me REALLY happy. :)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    odyssey47 wrote: »
    That's not necessarily true. They said before that they'd have an event for it on every Friday the 13th but also other specific dates. This likely implies Halloween, so expect to see it again in a few months.

:) Yeppers... I've since added an addendum to my original post...

After BranFlakes tossed in His post.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    charon1charon1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    oh so THAT'S where I got my Psi Lirpa, I'd been wondering.

Would be good if we could get more doffs for reruns - they are clones, after all
  • Options
    nyiadnyiad Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    charon1 wrote: »
    oh so THAT'S where I got my Psi Lirpa, I'd been wondering.

Would be good if we could get more doffs for reruns - they are clones, after all

I'd like a purple clone this time :P
  • Options
    tachyonharmonictachyonharmonic Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I really don't see a downside to extending it through to the end of Sunday. That'll give the widest variety of people the ability to play it.

Sure it won't be "Friday the 13th" anymore, but it's already being done on Thursday the 12th and Saturday the 14th. Adding another 36 hours won't ruin it.

But then again, that would be if the priority was the players.
  • Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Remember to bring an EV suit with you on the mission everyone.
  • Options
    verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    nynik wrote: »
    Remember to bring an EV suit with you on the mission everyone.

Just shoot the console and forget the gas lol, brute force and ignorance works :D
  • Options
    sjameshsjamesh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This is one of the best missions...EVER!
    Say NO to ARC!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    donbp1974donbp1974 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I find it a great idea to see a mission that pops up maybe just once or twice a year. But however, it would be a waste of time that on completion you ended up with a level X standard shield array, a lock box and a klingon breakfast pop tart. I'm hoping that the reward is grand and splendid and it is the first on my to-do list when i log on later today considering there will be no glitches etc etc etc from the massive patch i will be enduring after the 7hr maintenance. Maybe season 6 is here or maybe not is the question. I'ts the worlds newest best kept secret, i found very little glitches during the tribble test ( once i'de reconfigured all my options of course ). The only glitch i noticed which was actually amusing was one of the starbase workers was walking about in mid air. Other than that STOL is a work of pure genius and if you could keep the floating starbase lacky glitch in it would make an interesting addition to our fleet meets.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    nalo wrote: »
    what was the reward for the first time run??

A blue doff but interested what second reward would be
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    verlaine11 wrote: »
    Just shoot the console and forget the gas lol, brute force and ignorance works :D

Thats what I used didnt realise you would need the EV suit at the time
    NO TO ARC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It would be fun to play this again, but since the server is so unstable, with repeat lag, lockups, server not responding and DC immediately upon getting in after finally getting thru the Queue, maybe i'll play it this weekened. Oh wait, it will be gone this weekend again...
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    it is about time they has more servers tbh
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    karmapointkarmapoint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Just asking, because the whole S6 news and more, for this reason, please, make the whole Hearts and Minds in the whole weekend at least :)
    Brasilis Elite Squad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PW/Crypt can't make more KDF Content?
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited July 2012
    Hearts and Minds is now available to play :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Hearts and Minds is now available to play :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

So what?
    It's still half broken at the same spots as last time...
    the Iso chip game still doen't like to finish, like last time.
    Oh look!! Another broken system put out by Cryptic who were told time and again that something was broke, and they don't care.
  • Options
    ltsmithltsmith Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Is the KDF version any different, I am asking because when this event first happend I only got around to doing the mission with my Federation character and now this time around my computer that I can play STO on is broken and getting reparied and I will miss the entire event.
  • Options
    torokokilltorokokill Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So what?
    It's still half broken at the same spots as last time...
    the Iso chip game still doen't like to finish

How does one get around Isolinear chips not completing?

Edit: Fixed it by dying, zoning out, waiting for the instance to reset and trying again.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    torokokill wrote: »
    How does one get around Isolinear chips not completing?

Edit: Fixed it by dying, zoning out, waiting for the instance to reset and trying again.

Don't know.
    I tryed multiple time beaming back to my ship and starting again to no avail.
    Then i made the mistake of dropping the mission with the intend of totally restarting it just to find the 1 day 16hour cooldown timer started. which means i won't get another chance to get the doff or lirpa on that character AGAIN because the same broken Iso chip game prevented it last time.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    My advice just shoot the console forget the chip mini game it is a waste of time
    NO TO ARC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    elqannaelqanna Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    As this Friday is the 13th, Hearts and Minds returns for one day only. Read more to learn about this special mini-mission.

Click here to read more.
    I tried to run the mission on my 2nd Fed ton, and it's bugged. when you respawn after dying in the 2nd room, from the turrets, it respawned me near the corpse inn the 3rd room, an no way to check it, or see/activate any other triggers to proceed with the map. I exited to sector space twice, and retried, but still bugged. I eventually had to drop it altogether. Others on Comm's were having the same sort of issue. My other 2 toons had no problems what so ever running it though.
  • Options
    raifin1701raifin1701 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hmmm,

I ran it with my KDF, who had run it previously, and didn't notice / find what the bonus reward was for having completing it once already.

I was pleased to see that I could now have two copies of the DOFF clone. (Not sure why I thought a clone would be unique. ; )

>NOTE: If you have completed the mission before, you will be able to
    >acquire and complete it again and earn a reward.

Oh, maybe the statement means you can still run it and earn the same reward, again... I thought there might be some lobi crystals hidden somewhere on the map. ; )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Star Trek Online Enlistment Date: February 2010
    Fleet website: www.stoacademy.com
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    raifin1701 wrote: »
    ...I was pleased to see that I could now have two copies of the DOFF clone. (Not sure why I thought a clone would be unique. ; )

>NOTE: If you have completed the mission before, you will be able to
    >acquire and complete it again and earn a reward.

Oh, maybe the statement means you can still run it and earn the same reward, again...
    Huh... I thought it was unique too... Nice to know it's not. Man! That's just another reason I love this mission, and wish Cryptic had more of these mini-missions rotating through each month...

Ah, if only so many things...

Anywho... Perhaps I'll jump in and grab another DOff...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I've looked practically everywhere, and can't seem to find what then [stn] modifier is. The [psi] is pretty obvious and noted down, is [stn] a chance to Stun or something? I assumed that, but can't find confirmation anywhere. :confused:
  • Options
    nyiadnyiad Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Would have been nice to have a new reawrd for those who did it before...the same exact stuff for a 10 min mission.. :rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.