test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hearts and Minds Returns

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
As this Friday is the 13th, Hearts and Minds returns for one day only. Read more to learn about this special mini-mission.

Click here to read more.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    th3gr4ndnagu5th3gr4ndnagu5 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You guys really need to let this event last for the entire weekend.

The.Grand.Nagus
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    theultimatefunkytheultimatefunky Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You guys really need to let this event last for the entire weekend.

nooooo hence the "friday the 13th" only lasts 1 day not a whole weekend
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2012

Christmas only lasts one day, but their events last several. The same is true of the "First Contact Day" event, even though that day is only 4/5.

The.Grand.Nagus
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Well if you want to be technical, considering time zones, a day lasts for 36 hours as it moves across the earth.
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm with the Nagus on this one. I understand that making it one day only might be perceived as being more "special," but it's also a major pain in the butt.

Especially since this event is, by definition, only going to be held on Fridays. Personally, Friday is the one day per week when I'm LEAST likely to be at home playing STO. I'm sure I'm not alone on that one.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited July 2012
    jeffel82 wrote: »
    I'm with the Nagus on this one. I understand that making it one day only might be perceived as being more "special," but it's also a major pain in the butt.

Especially since this event is, by definition, only going to be held on Fridays. Personally, Friday is the one day per week when I'm LEAST likely to be at home playing STO. I'm sure I'm not alone on that one.

We're running it longer than just 24 hours on Friday. :) From the Blog: ...from around 6pm PDT on Thursday, July 12, until around 6am PDT on Saturday, July 14.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    We're running it longer than just 24 hours on Friday. :) From the Blog: ...from around 6pm PDT on Thursday, July 12, until around 6am PDT on Saturday, July 14.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thats cool, but like I said: you guys really need to let this event last the entire weekend. The upside is more of your players get to play it. The downside is...nothing. But hey, I guess this fits in with the other time gated stuff...

The.Grand.Nagus
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darknessmutadarknessmuta Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Since it says we can replay this again and earn a reward, will this end up being like the Team Fortress Ghastly Gibus and each time we get a better version of the reward if we have the old one still? I could always use another purple DOFF if the reward is improved if we had the old one.
  • Options
    c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Since it says we can replay this again and earn a reward, will this end up being like the Team Fortress Ghastly Gibus and each time we get a better version of the reward if we have the old one still? I could always use another purple DOFF if the reward is improved if we had the old one.

This ^^. Personally I'd like to know what reward we can get if we've already got the reward from the first run. Thanks! ;)
  • Options
    flywizflywiz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Thats cool, but like I said: you guys really need to let this event last the entire weekend. The upside is more of your players get to play it. The downside is...nothing. But hey, I guess this fits in with the other time gated stuff...

Well, it does include a lot of Thursday, so, It's Thursday, Friday, and a little of Saturday, same as Friday, Saturday, and a little of Sunday. I mean, the weekend is just Saturday and Sunday, I don't know why Friday is included. So, you get nearly 2 days of playtime. I don't see the big deal; If you can't play it this time, play it next time. :P
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    flywiz wrote: »
    Well, it does include a lot of Thursday, so, It's Thursday, Friday, and a little of Saturday, same as Friday, Saturday, and a little of Sunday.

If you discount the fact that the majority of people have more free time on the weekends than during the week, sure.

The.Grand.Nagus
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    If you discount the fact that the majority of people have more free time on the weekends than during the week, sure.

Like I said, if you can't make it this time, too bad, you'll maybe have it next time. I won't be here this Friday, I'll be on a highway headed to Florida with no internet connection. So, too bad for me, I'll miss it. But, it doesn't matter to me, because I'll do it next time.
  • Options
    nalonalo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    what was the reward for the first time run??
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Like I said, if you can't make it this time, too bad, you'll maybe have it next time. I won't be here this Friday, I'll be on a highway headed to Florida with no internet connection. So, too bad for me, I'll miss it. But, it doesn't matter to me, because I'll do it next time.

I can make it as it is, so I have no personal worries there. But just because it works for me doesnt mean I wouldnt *also* like it to work for as many people as possible, which is definitely the weekend.

The.Grand.Nagus
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I can make it as it is, so I have no personal worries there. But just because it works for me doesnt mean I wouldnt *also* like it to work for as many people as possible, which is definitely the weekend.

I know, I was using "you" as an example. And I don't think there is much care for how many people play it. It comes every Friday the 13th. Sooner or later, the majority of the players will be able to play it. No doubt the majority of players have played it on the previous date. There is no reason to care how many people play it.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    And I don't think there is much care for how many people play it.

That much I'll agree with you on. If they did care they would make it a weekend event.

The.Grand.Nagus
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    That much I'll agree with you on. If they did care they would make it a weekend event.

There is no reason to care. I mean, it's just a 10 minute event. If you want to say have a weekend event, well hot dog, make it an entire week event! I mean, some people work on weekends. Actually, TRIBBLE it; An entire month dedicated to this entire event!

See where I'm getting at? I may be exaggerating a little bit, but, the point stands; There is no reason to make this a weekend event.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    There is no reason to care. I mean, it's just a 10 minute event. If you want to say have a weekend event, well hot dog, make it an entire week event! I mean, some people work on weekends. Actually, TRIBBLE it; An entire month dedicated to this entire event!

See where I'm getting at? I may be exaggerating a little bit, but, the point stands; There is no reason to make this a weekend event.

I am very glad you are not a developer :)

The.Grand.Nagus
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    And Remember...

This Mission Won't Be Around Again Till Setember 13th 2013...

That's more than a year from now.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I am very glad you are not a developer :)

Likewise, friend. I would hate to play a game made in paranoia of people not playing a ten minute mission. :D

And, Dave, it may be a year away; But a year is not forever. Same with First Contact and the anniversary.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2012

heh...

I'm trying to remember the last time I went to a Friday the 13th Party/Festivities that lasted longer than 24 hours...

I think it was in collage...,

...but technically..., most of the attendees were to drunk/stoned to leave the following day anyway.

<chuckle>
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    philo5oraptorphilo5oraptor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Likewise, friend. I would hate to play a game made in paranoia of people not playing a ten minute mission. :D

And, Dave, it may be a year away; But a year is not forever. Same with First Contact and the anniversary.

Scheduling something when the most people possible can play it isnt paranoia, its actually caring about the people who play your game. I'd much rather play a game made by people like that then someone who doesnt care at all like yourself.
  • Options
    philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    nalo wrote: »
    what was the reward for the first time run??

From the STO Wiki:

Special Duty Officer
    Vulcan Lirpa Mk XI [Psi] [Stn]
    Are we there yet?
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Scheduling something when the most people possible can play it isnt paranoia, its actually caring about the people who play your game. I'd much rather play a game made by people like that then someone who doesnt care at all like yourself.

I wouldn't say I wouldn't care; The only reason I'm arguing is because it seems like there is always something wrong with this game, when really it's just members of the community who make it out to be like that. It's a one day, ten minute event! Big deal, play it, or don't play it. Same with the anniversary, same with the First Contact day, same with a lot of holidays. When it's Christmas, I don't get mad at my parents for not getting me gifts on December 26th.
  • Options
    philo5oraptorphilo5oraptor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I wouldn't say I wouldn't care

The fact that you are arguing against an event taking place when the most people possible could play it, even though doing so would have absolutely no downside, says you dont care about other people pretty clearly. So add my name to the list of people who are glad you arent a developer, because I'd like to think the real developers actually care about the most people possible getting to play their content.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    The fact that you are arguing against an event taking place when the most people possible could play it, even though doing so would have absolutely no downside, says you dont care about other people pretty clearly. So add my name to the list of people who are glad you arent a developer, because I'd like to think the real developers actually care about the most people possible getting to play their content.

Great, now I look like the bad guy.

I have a question for you, friend, why does it have to just be a weekend? It seems like you are being insensitive to the people who can't play on this specific week. In my opinion, it should go on forever, with no time barrier. :)

BREAKING NEWS: Valentine's day now takes up the entirety of February, and even some of March!
  • Options
    coffeemikecoffeemike Member Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So I ran the previous mission before... can I have more than 1 clone of the crazy Vulcan advisor?
  • Options
    edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Christmas only lasts one day, but their events last several. The same is true of the "First Contact Day" event, even though that day is only 4/5.

What Christmas?
    In US ,Europe and Russia Christmas has 3 days plus Christmas eve which is one day.
    24-eve
    25,26,27 - christmas days

Merry Christmas :D
  • Options
    k4pt41nk4ng4r00k4pt41nk4ng4r00 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I wouldn't say I wouldn't care; The only reason I'm arguing is because it seems like there is always something wrong with this game, when really it's just members of the community who make it out to be like that. It's a one day, ten minute event! Big deal, play it, or don't play it. Same with the anniversary, same with the First Contact day, same with a lot of holidays. When it's Christmas, I don't get mad at my parents for not getting me gifts on December 26th.

Let me get this straight: you are tired of people complaining, so you decide to argue against an idea to let more people to get to play an event? Gee thanks :rolleyes:

And in response to the post above, Christmas is technically only Dec 25h in the US, where this game is based out of:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Let me get this straight: you are tired of people complaining, so you decide to argue against an idea to let more people to get to play an event? Gee thanks :rolleyes:

Yes. It's fairly simple; If you can't play it, you can't. I can't. So, oh well. I'll have my chance, not now, but, in a year, if need be.
This discussion has been closed.