test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - July 10, 2012

zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.20.20120705a.5

General:
  • Resolved an issue with targeting arcs that, most noticeably, caused Beam: Fire at Will not to work as intended.
  • Added new NPC floaty icons for Lobi stores, Fleet Weapons Stores, and Bar/Chef contacts on player starbases.
  • Updated the icon for the EV suit obtained as a reward in the Tholian Invasion.
  • Updated the French and German translations.
  • Resolved an issue that prevented the Available Expertise and Spent Expertise from properly updating when a bridge officer skill is changed.

Fleets:
  • Updated Special Projects:
    • They now award 5 xp per category.
    • These projects have a completion time of 30 minutes.
  • All Operational Assets and Boosts that have a requirement for purchase now also have an error message that lists the requirement if a player tries to purchase one before the starbase has unlocked the prerequisites.
  • Fleet Science Boosts now properly scale from +1 to +10 as they increase in tier.
  • Corrected Fleet engine, deflector, and space weapon stores to use the appropriate requisition provisioning instead of Operational Assets.
    • Weapons and Engines require Engineering Personal Requisition Provisions.
    • Shields and Deflectors require Science Personal Requisition Provisions.
  • Updated the text for Military Tier 1 so that it is more informative.

Tholian Invasion:
  • The Tholians are no longer quite so jittery.
  • All mission items can now be discarded.
  • Vanity pets cannot be summoned in hazardous environments.
    • The Duty Officer summoned assistants still die in the fire; a resolution is in progress.
  • The mission debrief for the easy interior now includes information about career-based hints.
  • It's no longer possible to get multiple Zone-wide missions of the same type.
    • Only one Kill Tholians and/or one Collect Ore.
  • There's a new intermediary step between the interior boss fight room and the other floors.
    • It's worth noting that on the intermediary step, floor 3, a force field will go up when the mission for that room is running, but it doesn't stop you from using the door.
      • This is working as intended.

Known Issues:
  • It is possible to cause the Tholian Project Leader to stop attacking you.
    • Doing so will result in your being prompted to leave the area.
    • You will not receive mission credit if you defeat the Project Leader in this fashion.
Post edited by zer0niusrex on

Comments

• Options
    boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Can engineers now summon turrets and generators without them catching fire in the Tholian maps?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    joenatljoenatl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    When we discard mission items is there a monitory exchange? 5 ec or something?
  • Options
    gralerongraleron Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I was doing that yesterday and they seemed to be working OK.
    Vice Admiral Elaron, USS Hard Light
  • Options
    paulymanpaulyman Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    the turret issue has been fixed for days

and ec for discarding those items? you know thats just typical STO player logic.. complain and complain and complain and whine and demand as a community to be able to discard them so they allow you to discard them now some guy wants to get paid for discarding them......
  • Options
    latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Any word on fleet projects being in a stuck state? One of our projects is not accepting duty officer contributions. When you try, it gets stuck in the "Contributing duty officers..." window.
    boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    paulyman wrote: »

Ah, cool. Good to know. Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gt86gt86 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Any fix for the Stuck Upgrade to Starbase Tier 1 Bug?

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/k...8-10-50-03.jpg
  • Options
    maddinm214maddinm214 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I hope the things are translated, which i reported:D
  • Options
    c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Is anything being done to reduce the Tholian respawn rates? Especially on the Interior Ground Missions?
  • Options
    firixthemaniacalfirixthemaniacal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    are there plans to be able to set more detailed controls for Contributing/Purchasing from starbases, like you can do with the Bank?

Such as, X rank can contribute X worth of Fleet credits per day, can purchase X amount of items per day from the Starbase. That sort of thing. Would be very grateful! :)
  • Options
    kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    are there plans to be able to set more detailed controls for Contributing/Purchasing from starbases, like you can do with the Bank?

Such as, X rank can contribute X worth of Fleet credits per day, can purchase X amount of items per day from the Starbase. That sort of thing. Would be very grateful! :)

I'd rather have a pool of resources fleet members can donate into that projects can pull from so everybody doesn't have to be on when the next mission comes up and nobody has to scramble to be the one that gets to donate. It could also allow a fleet leader to plan more accurately based on the fleets capabilities.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    joenatljoenatl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

and ec for discarding those items? you know thats just typical STO player logic.. complain and complain and complain and whine and demand as a community to be able to discard them so they allow you to discard them now some guy wants to get paid for discarding them......

yeah wasn't complaining, just asking. difference there.
  • Options
    ofallonofallon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yesterday afternoon I was able to play the medium mission using the shut down codes. It soon bugged at 7/15 not showing the clickies or the portals to be shut down. Can we expect to see that fixed too?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    horgahnhorgahn Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Do DOff missions give Fleet Marks like they are supposed to now?
    Go Team Venture!
    Wʬ  g+  f  t

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Any news on a fix for mouse icon changes when hovering over ships during a fight or allied ships. I need them icons under the mouse icon when i hover over stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    so how long will tribble be down for ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    gettorixgettorix Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited July 2012

+1

/10char.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    videmvidem Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Vanity pets cannot be summoned in hazardous environments.

aww come on, the horta should be able to handle environments like that at least :D
  • Options
    jam062307jam062307 Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Has the transphasic bomb not causing enemies damage been fixed in all of the new fleet events so far. Haven't tested in non-fleet events, so not sure if it's broken game wide or not.
    STOP THE
    tacofangs wrote: »
    We planned on doing it next weekend, but then we saw your post and were like, "Dude, we should totally move that up a week! Tee Hee!"
  • Options
    trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    LOL, apply hypo and watch summoned medic burn. Priceless entertainment!
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • Options
    zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    latinumbar wrote: »
    Any word on fleet projects being in a stuck state? One of our projects is not accepting duty officer contributions. When you try, it gets stuck in the "Contributing duty officers..." window.

Haven't seen if this was answered yet, but I believe we might have addressed that. If it's still occurring there are a couple possibilities. 1) The duty officers might be invalid because they're already assigned on Holodeck, but Tribble doesn't realize that. 2) The project could have been updated (by Cryptic) after it started.

Neither issue should occur on Holodeck. The second one has been accounted for by some recent code changes, but I'm not positive whether it will fix Tribble projects that have gotten into this state.
  • Options
    maxxinamaxxina Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Whoa, these special projects will be pricey now. 5 EX and 600 FLeet marks ? Not many people will be doing them. I like cutting down to 30 minutes. But 600 Marks ? it should be less. IF you want it to be used as doff sinker .
  • Options
    gettorixgettorix Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Any chance the cstore ship items will be added so we can test them out?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stohansonstohanson Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yes it has been fixed. The project that was stuck (the tier 1 upgrade project) is counting down.
  • Options
    fluffytargcreamfluffytargcream Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    still son't see anything about the KDF getting visable bady armors...
    or kits...
    or the Tier 4 Marauding outfit...
  • Options
    kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    maxxina wrote: »
    Whoa, these special projects will be pricey now. 5 EX and 600 FLeet marks ? Not many people will be doing them. I like cutting down to 30 minutes. But 600 Marks ? it should be less. IF you want it to be used as doff sinker .

These special projects arn't meant for fleet progression their meant for getting fleet currency for all the players in a larger fleet. If you had a fleet of even 100 active people there's no way they all could contribute to the main assignments and the fleet base would be worthless to anyone who didn't get to contribute but with these special projects a lot more people in the larger fleet will get the opportunity to contribute.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Haven't seen if this was answered yet, but I believe we might have addressed that. If it's still occurring there are a couple possibilities. 1) The duty officers might be invalid because they're already assigned on Holodeck, but Tribble doesn't realize that. 2) The project could have been updated (by Cryptic) after it started.

Neither issue should occur on Holodeck. The second one has been accounted for by some recent code changes, but I'm not positive whether it will fix Tribble projects that have gotten into this state.

Just logged on to Tribble. The project is now accepting doffs properly. Thanks for your help, Zero. :) <hands out Hershey bar>
    cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Rex can you reply please to my query about the mouse icons showing when you hover over ships and stuff in battle showing or not. Currently they arnt working on tribble compared to holodeck.. Im a click to target guy and i need these especially when theres alot of ships on screen so i know im clicking on the right one. The icons show bottom right of ur cursor when hovering over ships and stuff is what im on about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    biscuitmannbiscuitmann Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    good my reported bug is on here:cool: beam fire at will was useless before.
  • Options
    glasswordsglasswords Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Is anything being done to reduce the Tholian respawn rates? Especially on the Interior Ground Missions?

I noticed the respawn rate in the Medium area was almost instantaneous tonight post 07/10 patch, but I'm thinking that's intentional. Two people, one keeps the bug occupied while the other takes care of the objective.