Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Release Notes and Announcements - July 7, 2012

2»

Comments

• Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    contribution limits are a terrible idea for small fleets.

whats wrong with a 30 min cooldown? there are 6 mission, plus the tholians. while one is on cooldown, just do another one. i assume they dont all go into cooldown at the same time.

Precisely.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    bladeofkahlessbladeofkahless Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Cooldown, eh?

It's the test server. Slowing down people's testing should not be wanted.

Save that for live, where progression will actually matter.

Just my 2 cents.

It's me, Chrome. [Join Date: May 2009]

"Oh, I may be captain by rank... but I never wanted to be anything else but an engineer." ~Montgomery Scott~
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2012
    Sum of the duff slutting doesn't work properly in the fleet starbase cunstruction menu. One assignment needs 12 cummon duty officers and I got like a hundred to spare, nun can be filled in. Why? :(
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • Options
    odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    More Foundry stuff please!
  • Options
    gt86gt86 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Above anything else please fix the stuck Upgrade to Starbase Tier 1 Project problem

screenshot_2012-07-08-10-50-03.jpg
  • Options
    mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Stupid question. When you sling a rifle on your back, doesn't the muzzle go up? Here it's going down towards my butt. That's a concern.

Don;t want to shoot my own you know what off ;)
  • Options
    roman1229roman1229 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I tried the EVA suit this morning but it kept burning through.
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    roman1229 wrote: »
    I tried the EVA suit this morning but it kept burning through.

Have you actually turned it on via the new button that appears on your tray. wearing it is not enough strangely. it has to be turned on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    is there a release date yet for when S6 goes live?:confused:
  • Options
    oracle54oracle54 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Can't discard phase shutdown codes, inventory now full of them.
  • Options
    matteo716maikaimatteo716maikai Member Posts: 823
    edited July 2012
    howlngwlf wrote: »
    True, but they could wait till this goes to holodeck to do that.

you do realize that going on past test tribble weekends... that any all changes done during the test weekend are ususally just the finishing touches on the release that usually happens the following week.

this is why its added now i think.
  • Options
    brackynewsbrackynews Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Cooldown, eh?

It's the test server. Slowing down people's testing should not be wanted.

Save that for live, where progression will actually matter.

Sigh. They do also need to test that the cooldown works as intended. :rolleyes: By intended, that means the raw numerics of how the speed of gaining fleet marks changes, and the fact that they flipped the right switch. Remember the Armitage STF switch that didn't get flipped? Yeah, no matter how obvious, mistakes happen. Always be testing. :P

Maybe 30 min is too much or too little? We'll find out.
    If they actually wanted to push the limits of starbase progression, they would give us an NPC that awards free fleet marks. That's how you roll on a test server, not leaving out the cooldowns that will be going live. :cool:
    =/\= Transwarp 10.0 Victory Achieved on 26-July-2012, Six Months After F2P =/\=
  • Options
    bladeofkahlessbladeofkahless Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    brackynews wrote: »
    Sigh. They do also need to test that the cooldown works as intended. :rolleyes: By intended, that means the raw numerics of how the speed of gaining fleet marks changes, and the fact that they flipped the right switch. Remember the Armitage STF switch that didn't get flipped? Yeah, no matter how obvious, mistakes happen. Always be testing. :P

Maybe 30 min is too much or too little? We'll find out.
    If they actually wanted to push the limits of starbase progression, they would give us an NPC that awards free fleet marks. That's how you roll on a test server, not leaving out the cooldowns that will be going live. :cool:

I see your point and concede that I overlooked that.
    Could've done without the asperity, though.

It's me, Chrome. [Join Date: May 2009]

"Oh, I may be captain by rank... but I never wanted to be anything else but an engineer." ~Montgomery Scott~
  • Options
    myrnwynmyrnwyn Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It doesn't come up often, but the amazing burning security teams aren't completely fixed. If you have doff bonus squad members they beam down unprotected and die like the redshirts they are.
  • Options
    omgajjerotomgajjerot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    myrnwyn wrote: »
    It doesn't come up often, but the amazing burning security teams aren't completely fixed. If you have doff bonus squad members they beam down unprotected and die like the redshirts they are.

It seems to happen if you proc any additional Sec. Team members from Doff powers ect, they beam in without suits.

Also, has anyone managed to find that "Doff Downgrade" Assignment that apparently went in last patch? (Purple -> 3 Blue ect)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    trek21 wrote: »
    It does have a point: as a first step toward a system that will prevent a select few fleet members from donating everything, leaving the rest in the dust.

With it, there's a very loose limit on how many you can earn at once. And it's helping prevent exploits like I mentioned above.

It needs tweaks, yes, but it's a start.

Don't go hamstringing small to smaller mid-sized fleets in the process.

We outnumber the mega fleets.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    trek21 wrote: »
    It does have a point: as a first step toward a system that will prevent a select few fleet members from donating everything, leaving the rest in the dust.

With it, there's a very loose limit on how many you can earn at once. And it's helping prevent exploits like I mentioned above.

It needs tweaks, yes, but it's a start.

I agree with this. As much as it's going to annoy me when I want to grind for certain missions and get that done. I think it's a good idea. Besides, when you do an STF it's on cooldown for an hour, by the time i've done the others on elite the cooldown is nearly over anyway so you have enough time to re-stock on batteries before re-starting the grind. Right now the new missions are a half hour cooldown, do them all and restart.

Besides, these are still in testing, nothing is set in stone yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • Options
    greenusmarine53greenusmarine53 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I apologize for forgetting the name of the mission but it is an interior mission dealing with questioning Mirror Universe personnel captured by the Tholians. A somewhat confusing mission indeed.

All three officers questioned in regards to the cloaking device all gave correct information. I don't know if this was intentional to throw players off a bit but there you have it. Two were pretty straightforward but the one that responded that a cloaking device "renders the starship intangible" kind of threw me for a minute only because the word 'intangible' isn't mentioned in the little briefing that comes up after scanning the cloaking device, which states that "the Cloaking Device renders a starship invisible to the electromagnetic spectrum and most sensors" which of course means that the starship is intangible.

Blah, blah, blah. Sorry, the point is when asked about it, when you select the response given in the little briefing, the officer responds with, "Not bad, Admiral. I'm glad the Tholians didn't see through my deceptions as quickly as you did" which is not a deception at all, and I feel a little dumb bringing it up at all, but there you go, all three give true statements. Okay, moving on?

Whether the statements are true or false, several of the officers respond with the "I'm glad the Tholians didn't see through my deception" line, which is or can be confusing to players.

And finally, many of the rescued redshirts (from the mission Rescuing Redshirts) respond to the player with both the Fed and Klingon replies.

I?m done being nitpicky. Thank you for listening.
  • Options
    theperthregtheperthreg Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Not sure if this belongs here but cant find season 6 tribble server bug thread. Small thing, but cant seem to throw grenades when on Nukara Prime.
  • Options
    brackynewsbrackynews Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I see your point and concede that I overlooked that.
    Could've done without the asperity, though.

Not at all. I assure you sir, had I truly wanted to express asperity, there would be utterly no question of its presence. :cool: My phasers are almost always set to "informative counterpoint". :D
    =/\= Transwarp 10.0 Victory Achieved on 26-July-2012, Six Months After F2P =/\=
  • Options
    darren0kitlordarren0kitlor Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Guys, the 30 min cooldown is per map.

Given that additional PvE events will likely be added, it seems there will be plenty of other missions to complete (and rotate through) until a particular mission comes off cooldown.

This is likely added because the devs are nearing closer to live server release (where all the other PvE events have individual 30 min cooldowns.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Guys, the 30 min cooldown is per map.

Given that additional PvE events will likely be added, it seems there will be plenty of other missions to complete (and rotate through) until a particular mission comes off cooldown.

This is likely added because the devs are nearing closer to live server release (where all the other PvE events have individual 30 min cooldowns.)

Just as I expected, then. It makes IDIC quite applicable to this. (except there are no infinite missions to make the infinite combinations, but... you get the idea) :)

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg