edited July 2012
    woody898 wrote: »
    Whats that saying about a gift horse?

Beat it to death? :D
  • Options
    macfellymacfelly Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    woody898 wrote: »
    Yeah... it's better and amazingly still around.

Whats that saying about a gift horse?

Complain that the teeth aren't as white as the old horse they use to have. Then whine they don't like the color of the horse and the horse isn't as pretty as Blizzard's horse.
    Apparently not loyal enough :|
  • Options
    aelogriaaelogria Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    PWE own cryptic, CBS cant do anything, even if they had any interest to do so. C-points are being named zen. so what? they were named atari points before under atari. does the name somehow hamper your gameplay?

Oh sure CBS can do something. They are just waiting for the license to expire to legally yank it.

@Desdecardo since 2008.
  • Options
    beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I bet 10 Atari points nobody in-game will give a diddly when the Z-Store hits Holo, but forum hucksters will continue to TRIBBLE their pants in outrage.

Oh, I'm sure there will be a lot of ESD/DS9 hullabaloo over it.
    macfelly wrote: »
    Complain that the teeth aren't as white as the old horse they use to have. Then whine they don't like the color of the horse and the horse isn't as pretty as Blizzard's horse.

Maybe we'll get epic mounts in S7.
    edited July 2012
    sparhawk wrote: »
    Beat it to death? :D

"Challenge accepted." - STO forums
    <3
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    twg042370 wrote: »
    "Challenge accepted." - STO forums

Dont give em ideas \o/

Next thing we know ima flying about in mah Starship and I get overtaken by a goblin ona sparkle poneh.
  • Options
    woghdwoghd Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Original post:
    Ok I just logged into the tribble test server, My first and utter shock is the c-store is now the silly zen store...

what the... what is happening to them... all the hard work making this game with their name and their touches are being eradicated by PWE changes..

Oh CBS please step in and do something cuz this game is loosing its finesse

Not impressed by that.

I like the game but... its not the same as it used to be.

and then this:
    havam wrote: »
    i find this rather insulting and bordering on racism, which has very little space in star trek, or on these forums.

I'm sorry, maybe I'm just a huge flaming racist, but I don't see any racism in this post. Could somebody point it out to me? Apparently I'm color-blind, and cannot see it.

I can't stand racism accusations thrown out into the ring for no reason. It's cheapens the complaints of people who are suffering from real racism, and makes it look as if they are whining about nothing, when in fact they are not. Let's not cry "racism" constantly at every little thing, ok?
    [SIGPIC]HTTP://RABIDPANDARANCH.COM/images/grazcity.png[/SIGPIC]

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: CHANGE THE FORUMS BACK !!!
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You would need to read the unaltered post #1 quoted in post #2 to understand the racist accusation.
  • Options
    capnbluddcapnbludd Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    woghd wrote: »
    Original post:

and then this:

I'm sorry, maybe I'm just a huge flaming racist, but I don't see any racism in this post. Could somebody point it out to me? Apparently I'm color-blind, and cannot see it.

I can't stand racism accusations thrown out into the ring for no reason. It's cheapens the complaints of people who are suffering from real racism, and makes it look as if they are whining about nothing, when in fact they are not. Let's not cry "racism" constantly at every little thing, ok?

Read the unedited, quoted post that had a whole different vibe to it, all you had to do is look one post down.

The OP originally expressed himself poorly and put what he said in a different light than he my have meant. He's posted since that it wasn't his intention and edited.

If you haven't seen the thinly veiled and unveiled stuff in the forums ever since PWE was mentioned as a Chinese company you haven't been reading much here. The more blatant stuff is gotten quickly by the mods, but the stuff worded more carefully or inventively gets by.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dec/2008
  • Options
    cormorancormoran Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Was Cryptic that big a name to begin with to warrant caring about it 'fading'?

I'm only here because of Star Trek, I never even heard of Cryptic until I heard they took over the STO license from Perpetual. I couldn't care less if the Cryptic name fades, so long as Star Trek remains and lets face it, considering P2P with a cash shop from the beginning, PWE hasn't made Cryptic do anything they didn't have wet dreams about when the game first went live.
  • Options
    woghdwoghd Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    capnbludd wrote: »
    Read the unedited, quoted post that had a whole different vibe to it, all you had to do is look one post down.

The OP originally expressed himself poorly and put what he said in a different light than he my have meant. He's posted since that it wasn't his intention and edited.

If you haven't seen the thinly veiled and unveiled stuff in the forums ever since PWE was mentioned as a Chinese company you haven't been reading much here. The more blatant stuff is gotten quickly by the mods, but the stuff worded more carefully or inventively gets by.

I saw that. Sorry, I still see no racial references. There are religious references, "Zen" (Buddist) and "Yin and Yang" (Tao), but I see no racial refences at all. If some people think that these religious terms are somehow racially targeted, then I would suggest that they cast their ignorance aside, and understand that these beliefs are held by members of all races. Get educated.

The Chinese definitely do things differently than in the west, and it upsets people. Saying so isn't racist. What I got out of it is that the OP is upset with PWE using a religious term as if it were money. Perhaps he is a Buddist, I don't know. He also seems upset at Chinese methods of management. He should be allowed to express that without being labeled a racist.

For all we know the OP is of Asian descent himself. Unless he is using racial slurs in his posts, or what-not, let's not throw accusations of racism around. It's just unnecessary drama, and it's unfair, and like I said before. It cheapens the complaints of people suffering from REAL racism. It's inappropriate in a forum anyway.

If you think something in the forums is racist. REPORT IT.
    If it's not worth reporting, then don't make the accusation.
    [SIGPIC]HTTP://RABIDPANDARANCH.COM/images/grazcity.png[/SIGPIC]

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: CHANGE THE FORUMS BACK !!!
  • Options
    sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Heh. Not surprised in the least.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
  • Options
    nyiadnyiad Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    PWE is assimilating us...we are no longer a western MMO..... :(

This is what a korean style f2p mmo feels like.

And in all hoenstly...I never heard of Cryptic until STO's world premier. Its named was already "faded" years ago I guess.
  • Options
    solomacesolomace Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    woghd wrote: »
    I saw that. Sorry, I still see no racial references. There are religious references, "Zen" (Buddist) and "Yin and Yang" (Tao), but I see no racial refences at all. If some people think that these religious terms are somehow racially targeted, then I would suggest that they cast their ignorance aside, and understand that these beliefs are held by members of all races. Get educated.

The Chinese definitely do things differently than in the west, and it upsets people. Saying so isn't racist. What I got out of it is that the OP is upset with PWE using a religious term as if it were money. Perhaps he is a Buddist, I don't know. He also seems upset at Chinese methods of management. He should be allowed to express that without being labeled a racist.

For all we know the OP is of Asian descent himself. Unless he is using racial slurs in his posts, or what-not, let's not throw accusations of racism around. It's just unnecessary drama, and it's unfair, and like I said before. It cheapens the complaints of people suffering from REAL racism. It's inappropriate in a forum anyway.

If you think something in the forums is racist. REPORT IT.
    If it's not worth reporting, then don't make the accusation.

I think it's this part.

"Oh CBS please step in and do something cuz this game is and always will be a USA western game not a third world f2p mmo churn me out company."

I wouldn't say it's out and out a racist statement, but it definitely come across as a Xenophobic...
    Straight from the mouth of one of the leaders of the CDF - "I tell you what, Haven't spent any money either - I'm a lousy freeloader" - Jonsills 17/12/2014
  • Options
    fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Cryptic have messed the game up from the start, dont forget they refused to add content for years and added fluff to a Sub based game instead.. to add to the pain they added them into the C-Store.

For years we saw this all coming except Cryptic now slowly they being ripped apart and replaced, but look at all the content etc coming, PWE arent doing that bad huh, theyve added more content in a few months than Cryptic have in years.

Apart from the Lockboxes! mind you i dont blame PWE for them entirely, this is somthing Cryptic would have jumped on given half the chance with there past record of charging a sub and then extra for anything added to the game.

Only time will tell so lets see what happens but without PWE STO would probqably not be around anymore and that falls down to Cryptics fault and noone elses.
  • Options
    beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    fewzz wrote: »
    Only time will tell so lets see what happens but without PWE STO would probqably not be around anymore and that falls down to Cryptics fault and noone elses.

I'm sure Atari's neglect and mismanagement might have had a part.