test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The name cryptic is fading.

sjclark1981sjclark1981 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Ok I just logged into the tribble test server, My first and utter shock is the c-store is now the silly zen store...

what the... what is happening to them... all the hard work making this game with their name and their touches are being eradicated by PWE changes..

Oh CBS please step in and do something cuz this game is loosing its finesse

Not impressed by that.

I like the game but... its not the same as it used to be.
Post edited by sjclark1981 on

Comments

• Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ok I just logged into the tribble test server, My first and utter shock is the c-store is now the silly zen store...

what the... what is happening to them... all the hard work making this game with their name and their touches are being eradicated by PWE changes..

Oh CBS please step in and do something cuz this game is and always will be a USA western game not a third world f2p mmo churn me out company.

Not impressed by that.

I like the game but I severly dislike pwe an will not be buying "zen" next they will bring in ying and yang.
    You dislike PWE... well you're very late. PWE bought out Cryptic some time ago, and Cryptic has to do what they say, which includes the Zen conversion
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    PWE own cryptic, CBS cant do anything, even if they had any interest to do so. C-points are being named zen. so what? they were named atari points before under atari. does the name somehow hamper your gameplay?
  • Options
    havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    OP snip

i find this rather insulting and bordering on racism, which has very little space in star trek, or on these forums.
  • Options
    capnbluddcapnbludd Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It doesn't border on anything, it is what it is. It's good when folks let people know who they really are, and what's best is when they out themselves without anyone having to ask. We know what that guy is now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dec/2008
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    capnbludd wrote: »
    It doesn't border on anything, it is what it is. It's good when folks let people know who they really are, and what's best is when they out themselves without anyone having to ask. We know what that guy is now.

wasnt meant as racism, sorry if misinterpreted.

I know pwe bought out cryptic been watching from the start... its all meh now.
  • Options
    macfellymacfelly Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    First off I'm growing tired of all the PWE hate. They own the game so they have say in how it's run, if you don't like it leave. I grew tired of WoW and I left, I didn't rant and rave on the forums. I disliked where SWG went, so I left, again I went quietly. I got bored in Ultima Online and I left, quietly. Rants and whines aren't going to change anything show your displeasure with your wallet. When STO gets to that point with me, and it hasn't yet, I still enjoy playing, I will leave.

Changes are always going to happen in any MMO, best you learn now to either adapt or move on.
    Apparently not loyal enough :|
  • Options
    mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    havam wrote: »
    i find this rather insulting and bordering on racism, which has very little space in star trek, or on these forums.

That's OK. I'm thinking the same think of you posting in dark green on a dark background. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Actually it is still called the C-Store... it just uses Zen as currency.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    cross821cross821 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The name cryptic is more or less dead at this point. Nothing last forever tho.
  • Options
    genericiigenericii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    macfelly wrote: »
    First off I'm growing tired of all the PWE hate. They own the game so they have say in how it's run, if you don't like it leave. I grew tired of WoW and I left, I didn't rant and rave on the forums. I disliked where SWG went, so I left, again I went quietly. I got bored in Ultima Online and I left, quietly. Rants and whines aren't going to change anything show your displeasure with your wallet. When STO gets to that point with me, and it hasn't yet, I still enjoy playing, I will leave.

Changes are always going to happen in any MMO, best you learn now to either adapt or move on.

Good for you, if you like to give up on games and just leave, then do so. If you don't like the negativity on these forums, why not try your game philosophy and just leave?

People have the right to voice their opinion. Some people (like you) just pack up and run, others try to be the catalyst for change. Who are you to tell them not to try?
  • Options
    phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    When your company is bought for $50 million, they can rename a few things and change the forums. Its actually pretty minimal, all things considered.

It's uncertain whether Star Trek Online would still be here if Perfect World hadn't bought it.
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    this is my first grumble... and will be my last, cryptic is becoming more diluted by the day.

Its a shame really.

sto is thee only mmo with a licence from cbs... couldnt care about the other sub par mmo's u played, I'll keep playing sto til it dies or it goes south.
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    next they will bring in ying and yang.

true, but only for balance.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    tosveteranstosveterans Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I have not noticed anything bad at all with PWE. A few name changes and a new forum that is already up-to if not surpassing the old forums. Zen-C-points they are all the same to me.

The plusses are a company with a more secure fanatical base, more experience and bigger advertising budgets. Sure they may use some of their other games templates but so far they have been keeping the integrity of the game and I am thinking that they changes they have made will probably double the life of the game.

Sometimes I picture people on here as the grumpy Statler and Waldorf Muppets that complain about everything. At lease it makes me smile when I read it.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    macfelly wrote: »

Sto players are known for the most passionate of voices, because they severly WANT this game to suceed, We've all seen the "star wars" mmo come and fizzle out as they went south.

To me this is thee first mmo of trek I've seen since I got into trek at teh age of thirteen

Atari ***** cryptic and never put anything back into the game then disowned them, it left us players with a year gap of zero content "that was a bleak time"

Yea PWE got the cash and now own cryptics rear ends, but they are seeming to forget the IP, new wierd content left right and centre, lockboxes, the odd conversion cash=zen=c points... Just doesn't fit the legacy gene roddenberry left the fans, If anything I'm sure if he was alive today he'd be wagging his finger going "NO WAY".

Bleh who are to say anything, we wont get listened to now. It was bearly registered before.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    bitemepwe wrote: »

true, but only for balance.

that made me chuckle.... :D
  • Options
    kobayashlmarukobayashlmaru Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The STO as you knew and loved was actually a failure. Atari's shareholder reports clearly showed that to be the case. If things remained as they were, the game would probably not exist.

In Jan 2012, this stopped being STO and became F2PSTO, an entirely different game. It's best not to compare the two.
    Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
  • Options
    phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The STO as you knew and loved was actually a failure. Atari's shareholder reports clearly showed that to be the case. If things remained as they were, the game would probably not exist.

In Jan 2012, this stopped being STO and became F2PSTO, an entirely different game. It's best not to compare the two.

Atari was quick to change their story when they wanted to de-invest Cryptic
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • Options
    sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I bet 10 Atari points nobody in-game will give a diddly when the Z-Store hits Holo, but forum hucksters will continue to TRIBBLE their pants in outrage.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
  • Options
    sierrafortunesierrafortune Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I bet 10 Atari points nobody in-game will give a diddly when the Z-Store hits Holo, but forum hucksters will continue to TRIBBLE their pants in outrage.

I dunno, ESD Chat can find some pretty pointless things to talk about, I wouldn't put it past them. And everyone will probably be panicking because the Dilithium Exchange is going to go bizarro for a week or so.
  • Options
    kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I know what you mean brah, I couldn't watch star trek that wasn't shown by NBC. It just didn't "feel" the same.

The name of the company that delivers me content really matters alot.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I dunno, ESD Chat can find some pretty pointless things to talk about, I wouldn't put it past them. And everyone will probably be panicking because the Dilithium Exchange is going to go bizarro for a week or so.

Those are all bots with pre-written whining.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
  • Options
    sierrafortunesierrafortune Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Those are all bots with pre-written whining.

Oh so it's like a Syfy original then?
  • Options
    clannmacclannmac Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Guess I missed a memo: isn't the "Tribble" forum here to make suggestions about content and game play, critique extant aspects, and report bugs so they can be fixed?

Sorry, like or dislike the Zen or C-store system, but as long as folks who have either get exact value for value (i.e., suddenly you have less of the current for the new), what does this have to do with actual game play?

Guess I read the "please help us improve/evaluate things for Season 6" message wrong.
    366400.jpg

Fleet Commander
    Caprica's Revenge
    (...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
  • Options
    radkipradkip Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It's just a name change, don't worry about it. Cryptic isn't going anywhere, I believe they have their name in the loading screen. Couldn't tell ya, I always alt-tab out of that.

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
    kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    radkip wrote: »
    It's just a name change, don't worry about it. Cryptic isn't going anywhere, I believe they have their name in the loading screen. Couldn't tell ya, I always alt-tab out of that.

Yea it currently is, Time will tell when that gets changed to PWE next lol
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Cryptic, Maient, Zombie, Runic are all around as they are game studios. PWE continues to be the publisher.

No different from Dice still making Battlefield and EA is the publisher.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    clannmacclannmac Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    clannmac wrote: »
    Guess I missed a memo: isn't the "Tribble" forum here to make suggestions about content and game play, critique extant aspects, and report bugs so they can be fixed?

Sorry, like or dislike the Zen or C-store system, but as long as folks who have either get exact value for value (i.e., suddenly you have less of the current for the new), what does this have to do with actual game play?

Guess I read the "please help us improve/evaluate things for Season 6" message wrong.

Ahem...sorry. Was on the "Tribble" forum and, I guess, the links overlapped, because - whoosh - here I was suddenly.

Makes my point a little null, though, I must say, there has got to be more use of the current forum than an outlet for complaints. That's jsut me, I suppose.

Anyway...you were ranting?
    366400.jpg

Fleet Commander
    Caprica's Revenge
    (...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
  • Options
    woody898woody898 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2012

I like the game but... its not the same as it used to be.

Yeah... it's better and amazingly still around.

Whats that saying about a gift horse?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~ I don't want the world... I just want your half!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    They got big teeth.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]