What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Great ZEN ripoff.

2»

Comments

• bigbebberinobigbebberino Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    vespha wrote: »
    I laugh that so many people choose to show thier mathematical prowness, but it really wasn't needed. Before you had to merge , you could chose a Cryptic account or a PWE account. Both used different prices for Zen/C-point ratio. If you had a Crpytic account you received more c-points for your money vs Zen/C-point conversion. The people you see here QQing are the people who had Cryptic accounts. Thankyou

The conversion is the same, or can't you read?
  • odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Cryptic/PWE really need to do something to make this more clear for all the people who can't A: Do the math B: Can't read, so that you guys don't lose sales. This issue only illustrates that people will jump on any complaint bandwagon that goes by, since they don't care to stop and think about the issue before they jump to ignorant conclusions. Not to say that companies won't do some shady things sometimes to make a buck, but they wouldn't be so obvious about it.
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Please somebody sticky the explanation for this in big bold red letters somewhere.. seems to be a new thread about this every two hours.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    $1 = 100 Zen
    $1 = 80 CP
    80 Zen = 100 CP

2000 Zen = 1600 CP = $20

You loose nothing in the conversion :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Sure I bet next you are going to tell me the earth is not flat...
  • thoroonthoroon Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Sure I bet next you are going to tell me the earth is not flat...

But ... but, how could it be hollow if it weren't :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xanthor1xanthor1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    $1 = 100 Zen
    $1 = 80 CP
    80 Zen = 100 CP

2000 Zen = 1600 CP = $20

You loose nothing in the conversion :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Brandon you might want to fix that third line :P
    It should read 100 Zen = 80 CP not 80 Zen = 100 CP :rolleyes:
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    And lose is spelled with just one O. :rolleyes: (If we are going to nitpick).
  • pewpschutepewpschute Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ... this is all fairly TRIBBLE.
  • phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    zardonfar wrote: »
    I find it funny that no one has mention the daily 8k dilithium conversion being increased. I would have assumed that it was 8k because 80cp = 1.. Shouldn't the conversion be increased to 10k? Just idle speculation....

No one has mentioned it because the 8000 dilithium refinement cap is still there. 8000 dilithium is most certainly not 80 CP. You can check the Dilithium Exchange for the floating rate (at the time of this writing, it was 341 dilithium for 1 Cryptic Point, or 23.5 CP for every 8000 dilitihum). Changing over to zen should not affect how much dilithium you can refine in a day either since the actual real-world prices are identical to what they were before.
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • paranoid001paranoid001 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    look i see a lot of complaining here. however for those of us that registered after the F2P and that only bought C points through the PWE site, we were used to the initial zen/c points conversion rate. I also admit that it also was no different from the $/Cpoint. it was still the 80 C-point/$1 that it was with 80C Point / 100 zen. I am digging the fact that the C Store will now be a Zen store.

That means no more conversion rates for those that previously bought on PWE site. :D I simply get exactly what I pay for in terms of Zen.

I frankly dont care who owns this game, services it, or provides content. I am being entertained, I feel as if I got value for something I bought (even with the conversion rates) and I enjoy the game. As long as the devs and PWE show they are willing to keep providing content I am willing to keep giving them my money. Even more so that it will be a straight Zen store and I get those extra points that I lost initially to the conversions!
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The nicest part is that if we do free offers, we don't need to get multiples of 5 Zen to convert to C-Points (at 5:4), but can just grab them in-game immediately. :)
  • wilsoncutter001wilsoncutter001 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    darkjeff wrote: »
    The nicest part is that if we do free offers, we don't need to get multiples of 5 Zen to convert to C-Points (at 5:4), but can just grab them in-game immediately. :)

^^gets it
    :)

:cool:
  • marctraiderzmarctraiderz Member Posts: 539 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Its very easy for Cryptic to say that 100 cpoints is the same value as 80 zen, but lets be honest, they can just increase the prices of available items or the future items without a problem. LOL
    edited July 2012
    exactly. Its not like this economy is player driven when it comes to the purchase of c points / zen with real dollars. it is when its on the dil exchange. but in real dollars its what ever the heck the dev want it to be.
  • adabisiadabisi Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    this scat is all fine and dandy but the zen folks wont even except my CC's.

I had 0 issues with cryptic points.....0 none whatsoever....

Now my card is declined over and over and my bank has no idea why.

Closest thing i can come to in conclusion is my spending days are now over.

Zen may work for many folks...but for those it does not and i know many of them in game.....booooooo
    Today we fight the GAULS......monstrous and HAIRY beyond reason.
    edited July 2012
    have you ever tried using Ultimate Game Cards. Get them at a Wal MArt and A lot of gas stations now. Easy way to pay for Zen, and no using CC online which is an added bonus for security.