Install Arc
Options

So STOked "did" know something..

13»

Comments

• Options
    woghdwoghd Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    They cannot make changes unless they hear our voices. We are the only PWE forum with custom avitars and that is a major victory. Perhaps 'victory" is the wrong word because we are not battling PWE, They are our benifactors. We are only trying to make them know what pleases their customers and what does not.

We've done good and we can do better.
    [SIGPIC]HTTP://RABIDPANDARANCH.COM/images/grazcity.png[/SIGPIC]

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: CHANGE THE FORUMS BACK !!!
  • Options
    felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    reyan01 wrote: »
    And what exactly would have been the point?

Give people a month's notice of pending forum changes and you simply end up with a month's worth of complaining.

Or a month of people copying info from useful threads, marking down their join dates, collecting the links to their subscribed threads... Y'know, keeping the useful things that we all lost because there was no announcement.
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    In fact, they did, at least on the German subforums the forum change was talked about several weeks before it happened. Yes, that forum software is not as good as the old one, but it is only natural for PWE to use the same software for the support of all their products. That's just the nature of a (relatively speaking) big company.

Wait, what? People knew about it? I thought no one knew. Why wasn't there an actual announcement? How did the German forums know?
  • Options
    tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    woghd wrote: »
    We are the only PWE forum with custom avitars and that is a major victory.

CO has custom avatars too.
  • Options
    macfellymacfelly Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    woghd wrote: »
    They cannot make changes unless they hear our voices. We are the only PWE forum with custom avitars and that is a major victory. Perhaps 'victory" is the wrong word because we are not battling PWE, They are our benifactors. We are only trying to make them know what pleases their customers and what does not.

We've done good and we can do better.

I think they can make changes whenever they want, your William Wallace style of crying isn't going to do that. We may get more functionality eventually in fact it may have even been planned from the beginning but needs to be worked out more. Getting avatars isn't a "victory" there's no battle, people asked for them back, it's an easy switch. Personally I don't care the star trek ones are fine for me.

Forums are nothing more than a way to discuss the game. We have more than enough functionality to do that. I've been a forum admin on sites that have switched to different software before. There's always people like you complain till they're blue in the face, but it's not going to change back to the old forums, just consider them gone. Once you do this you'll be in a better place.
    Apparently not loyal enough :|
  • Options
    startrekronstartrekron Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    solomace wrote: »
    So, remember when Stoked alluded to something happening behind the scenes and that they were not happy with the future direction of STO? Well it looks like were right, things are not going too good eh.

1. Forum changes that they didn't inform the community of.
    2. Said forum changes that reserved your name, but didn't tell you, so you had to choose a new one.
    3. New ship is released bugged (nothing new there) even though the mighty Stahl said Q&A was going to change for the better (he does say a lot of things that are so untrue. KDF eh).
    4. Prominent Dev 1 leaves
    5. Prominent Dev 2 (and PVP revamper) leaving
    6. New way to scam people not using lock boxes but "promo packs".

Yep, looks like SToked new what was happening and got out of dodge.

What's next? Fleet bases are a white elephant with tons of bugs and unfinished features?

Roll on NWN, the true PWE game... (another game I will not be touching)...

Dooom.

STOked lost a lot of credibility when Jeremy left then Chris shut down the podcast (twice no less), so anything they predicted is suspect to me. I've personally preferred the Priority One or Red Shirt podcasts; the preview of the "new" STOked I've heard wasn't very good.

1 and 2. The forum change was poorly implemented, I'll give you those points.

3. Yeah the new ship was bugged but at least Cryptic had a fix for it by the next day. I've played other games where something was released bugged and took weeks to be fixed if at all, that Cryptic fixed this issue so quickly is a good thing.

4 and 5. Who knows why these guys are leaving? Unhappy with Cryptic/PW? Family issues? Money? Their reasons for leaving are none of my business. Maybe some new blood will bring in some new ideas and game improvements, it'll be sad to see both go but I look forward to seeing what new guys or girls will do.

6. So you complain about the lock boxes not giving decent rewards for the money but when Cryptic offers the Promo boxes that do offer good value you complain? Cryptic, apparently, can't win no matter what direction they go in.

There are plenty of positives to look forward to like Season Six, the Vesta, new missions, revamped crafting, and new missions. Don't get me wrong STO is far from perfect but lets stop with the constant mud slinging.
    "Live Long and Prosper but always carry a fully charged phaser, just in case!". Arrr'ow

Co-Leader of Serenity's Grasp
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Why won't this thread die?
  • Options
    beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Why won't this thread die?

Because the NewForum(tm) is missing the ignore function. :D
    edited July 2012
    macfelly wrote: »
    people asked for them back, it's an easy switch. Personally I don't care the star trek ones are fine for me.

You forget that we were told to forget about our Avatars, that we would NEVER have custom Avatars. If you think for one second that the massive show of displeasure at the forums had no effect, then you are being intentionally blind. We showed our displeasure in a huge way, and they relented.

This is a good thing, by the way. Not just good for us, but good for PWE as well, because it shows that they are willing to work with us on occasion, and that can only be positive.
    [SIGPIC]HTTP://RABIDPANDARANCH.COM/images/grazcity.png[/SIGPIC]

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: CHANGE THE FORUMS BACK !!!
  • Options
    palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I am a realist not a doomer ,but much has been undesirable....the forums, nickel and diming of paying subscribers, when f2p player should be picking uo the additonal unlock cost.

The account bank was the exact opposite from what we have been asking for....the level cap is still the same, we can not play our first officer,we do not have a solid way of training all of our boffs and can not transfer them between captains on the same account..... So many short comings......Pwe has become the Borg......in which the community hates. We can not change our Captains species or sex still.....

Engineering reports are gone so we are almost always in the dark.....it does not matter if there is transparency if you can not see it , because your in the dark.

The dev blogs are telling us what they are doing instead of asking us what we want anymore.......D'angelo style (hate it).

Zen is more difficult to purchase and put on our accounts than c-points ever were

Our best devs are hitting the road?

No one panic the titanic is unsinkable........

Quality control and customer satisfaction are needed......not price gouging maybe we should get the zen increase but the c-store prices should stay the same after ther conversion to give us more bang for our buck = customer loyalty

Just..... Giving a clue where none seems to be found....much like the pwe forum search engine that aways errors.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fluffytargcreamfluffytargcream Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I am a realist not a doomer ,but much has been undesirable....

*snip (a lot of unrealist opinion, with little application to reality).

I could counter most of your arguement with reality, Dev quotes, tribble testing resulting in feedback in S6, so on and so forth...
    but I have a fealing you would just ignore it in favor of your opinion.
  • Options
    direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    felderburg wrote: »
    Wait, what? People knew about it? I thought no one knew. Why wasn't there an actual announcement? How did the German forums know?

For some reason, I feel like there is someone in Germany jumping up and down screaming something about "HAH!!! NOW YOU KNOW HOW IT FEELS WHEN WE HAVE TO GO TO THE NA FORUMS FOR OUR INFO!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile