What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So STOked "did" know something..

Comments

• Options
    woghdwoghd Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    yeah, STOked knew something was up. I wouldn't be suprised if it played a major role in the events leading up to this god-aweful mess.
    [SIGPIC]HTTP://RABIDPANDARANCH.COM/images/grazcity.png[/SIGPIC]

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: CHANGE THE FORUMS BACK !!!
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    woghd wrote: »
    Just look at the facts.

I hate it when people say this. Really, really hate it.

Neither you nor anyone else on this forum has all "the facts". You'd have to be actively seeking something to get riled up over to equate the things in the OP's list to signs of a failing game. Literally not a single "fact" presented points concretely to "doom" as it was so put. Indeed, some have been par for the course since the game released (poor QA, devs leaving). I seriously wonder if the people making these connections are afraid the sun won't rise tomorrow every time it sets, that's how ludicrous some of you sound.

How many of us have any actual idea what conversations are taking place at Cryptic? What actual decisions are being made? What meetings are being held and what ideas are being presented there? What company is offering what Dev a juicy new position on another game or how long they'd already been considering such a move?

Are some of you seriously that pessimistic are just that stupid?
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    jexsamx wrote: »
    I hate it when people say this. Really, really hate it.

Neither you nor anyone else on this forum has all "the facts". You'd have to be actively seeking something to get riled up over to equate the things in the OP's list to signs of a failing game. Literally not a single "fact" presented points concretely to "doom" as it was so put. Indeed, some have been par for the course since the game released (poor QA, devs leaving). I seriously wonder if the people making these connections are afraid the sun won't rise tomorrow every time it sets, that's how ludicrous some of you sound.

How many of us have any actual idea what conversations are taking place at Cryptic? What actual decisions are being made? What meetings are being held and what ideas are being presented there? What company is offering what Dev a juicy new position on another game or how long they'd already been considering such a move?

Are some of you seriously that pessimistic are just that stupid?

I vote they just luv to rile up the masses for kicks...

Or perhaps they have so much hate for the game that they subconsciously type out their frustrations in order to get some kind of mutual-hatred response from others, so as to positively feed back into their own emotions.

... ..?.. ...

Naaahhh... they're just Trolls like me. ;)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    AND A VERY SMALL FRACTION...
    Anyone with two eyes can see that the better devs are all jumping ship.

They only had two decent Dev's? :confused:
    Just look at the facts. They speak for themselves.

:rolleyes:

I have looked at the facts.

[1] PWE decided to "standardize" the forms and merge the account database.

One expects this sort of thing when a company is bought. My only question is why PWE waited a year to do this.

[2] *Two* devs have decided to move on, one of who has left and come back before.

Yes, the facts do speak for themselves, however I don't believe they're saying "ZOMG THE GAME IS OVER THE MAYANS WERE RIGHT 2012 SKY IS FALLING ZOMGZOMGZOMG."
    edited June 2012
    psiameese wrote: »

/steals some of Askray's popcorn.

Why hello there. I brought Root Beer!
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yawn...Chicken Little's have been pronouncing doom since beta 2...same as it ever was.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    makburemakbure Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    solomace wrote: »
    So, remember when Stoked alluded to something happening behind the scenes and that they were not happy with the future direction of STO? Well it looks like were right, things are not going too good eh.

1. Forum changes that they didn't inform the community of.
    2. Said forum changes that reserved your name, but didn't tell you, so you had to choose a new one.
    3. New ship is released bugged (nothing new there) even though the mighty Stahl said Q&A was going to change for the better (he does say a lot of things that are so untrue. KDF eh).
    4. Prominent Dev 1 leaves
    5. Prominent Dev 2 (and PVP revamper) leaving
    6. New way to scam people not using lock boxes but "promo packs".

Yep, looks like SToked new what was happening and got out of dodge.

What's next? Fleet bases are a white elephant with tons of bugs and unfinished features?

Roll on NWN, the true PWE game... (another game I will not be touching)...

Dooom.

About the said devs leaving, who's going to be taking their places, I wonder? Internal shift or hire some new talent out there? I probably won't be touching NWN either.
    -Makbure
  • Options
    admiralkristovadmiralkristov Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The sky is falling.... but there is also a massive conspiracy going on...

....I'm so confused. I'm not sure if I should put on me helmet or my tin foil hat.

Oh, no! Does anyone know where I can buy a tin foil helmet?!?!

(That being said, please take the emotion in this thread to even higher levels. I think the forums have somehow gone from irritating to amusing for me.)
  • Options
    commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The sky is falling.... but there is also a massive conspiracy going on...

....I'm so confused. I'm not sure if I should put on me helmet or my tin foil hat.

Oh, no! Does anyone know where I can buy a tin foil helmet?!?!

(That being said, please take the emotion in this thread to even higher levels. I think the forums have somehow gone from irritating to amusing for me.)

But what if the sky falling is a massive conspiracy? :eek:
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    edited June 2012
    solomace wrote: »
    So, remember when Stoked alluded to something happening behind the scenes and that they were not happy with the future direction of STO? Well it looks like were right, things are not going too good eh.

1. Forum changes that they didn't inform the community of.
    2. Said forum changes that reserved your name, but didn't tell you, so you had to choose a new one.
    3. New ship is released bugged (nothing new there) even though the mighty Stahl said Q&A was going to change for the better (he does say a lot of things that are so untrue. KDF eh).
    4. Prominent Dev 1 leaves
    5. Prominent Dev 2 (and PVP revamper) leaving
    6. New way to scam people not using lock boxes but "promo packs".

Yep, looks like SToked new what was happening and got out of dodge.

What's next? Fleet bases are a white elephant with tons of bugs and unfinished features?

Roll on NWN, the true PWE game... (another game I will not be touching)...

Dooom.

I have a feeling they might have known about 4/5, but the rest of those things are kind of nonsensical for them to have known about.

The.Grand.Nagus
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I have a feeling they might have known about 4/5, but the rest of those things are kind of nonsensical for them to have known about.

I'm going to agree with the Nagus. Them knowing about 4/5 would make sense if they were concerned about the future of the game. But them knowing about the rest would not affect how the game is played.
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    edited June 2012
    This thread did not disappoint. Nothing but jokes n jokes n jokes n jokes n ha ha ha jokes n jokes jokes, spaghetti spaghetti spaghetti spaghetti spaghetti.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
  • Options
    bghostbghost Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This thread did not disappoint. Nothing but jokes n jokes n jokes n jokes n ha ha ha jokes n jokes jokes, spaghetti spaghetti spaghetti spaghetti spaghetti.
    god i miss chappelle show
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I would jump ship. Seriously. There comes a point when a person can't respect themself for working for a company, even if they are hired to pretend like they do.

I have never felt more pessimistic about sto. I'm not even excited any longer about updates to the Foundry, considering how bugged-filled and incompatible updates seem.

There comes a point when it's just time to abandon ship. I'm reaching that point, yet again.

Stoked made the right call. Others will soon follow, unless they are maintained by diehards who thrive on hope alone.

I'm going to echo the sentiment of this thread. The community can't save this game. It's time to throw in the towel.

This game was a huge black mark on the franchise, with an infrequent moment of hope for a better future.

It really is time to see consequences for bad decisions. All in all, this was a sad affair, a waste of my time, and the waste of many dedicated fans of Trek.

It's time to cancel this game. And, I think I'm ready to start that letter-writing campaign.

At this point, I have more respect for JJ-Trek.

aka. Kirkfat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Food Fight!!!
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • Options
    theofficialmip#7339 theofficialmip Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The STO ship has been sinking for a while now. It's hard to argue the other way in my opinion.

I've played since launch and I've played just about every day up until a couple months ago. In the first year and a half I made a lot of friends.. They were hardcore trekkies and gamers, but only about 10% of those guys play anymore. Most of these guys subscribed for over a year waiting for broken promises to come to light but then left for obvious reasons.

I keep in contact with alot of them through skype, playing other games. Some came back when F2P launched but guess what, almost all of them said bye bye to STO again.

Dan said STO will be here 10 years from now geared for hardcore trekkies. That's too funny to even talk about.:rolleyes:

Devs are jumping ship for obvious reasons! In my opinion I hope It doesn't last too much longer so that there's room for another Star Trek MMO to come to life that lives up to the franchise.
    One of the 0.7%ers Markus Urelious 16000+ Accolades [Fed Tac FA] + Several More
    Forum Member Since Feb 2010
  • Options
    darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The STO ship has been sinking for a while now. It's hard to argue the other way in my opinion.

Yes it is.
    You have mistaken water coming thru a hull breach with all the people peeing themselves over starbase stuff.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    kirksplat wrote: »
    I would jump ship. Seriously. There comes a point when a person can't respect themself for working for a company, even if they are hired to pretend like they do.

I have never felt more pessimistic about sto. I'm not even excited any longer about updates to the Foundry, considering how bugged-filled and incompatible updates seem.

There comes a point when it's just time to abandon ship. I'm reaching that point, yet again.

Stoked made the right call. Others will soon follow, unless they are maintained by diehards who thrive on hope alone.

I'm going to echo the sentiment of this thread. The community can't save this game. It's time to throw in the towel.

This game was a huge black mark on the franchise, with an infrequent moment of hope for a better future.

It really is time to see consequences for bad decisions. All in all, this was a sad affair, a waste of my time, and the waste of many dedicated fans of Trek.

It's time to cancel this game. And, I think I'm ready to start that letter-writing campaign.

aka. Kirkfat

KF, I know exactly how you feel. people are free to say what they wish about me. Call me a "chicken-little" etc., but the fact of the matter is that I was 135% behind this game before PWE showed their true colors with this debacle of a hostile forum take over. Anyone who thinks I don't love this game is crazy. My history proves otherwise.

PWE has broken the trust. Can it be fixed? Yes it can. But PWE needs to switch it's gears. What they are doing isn't working. And it will take a great deal of time to make it right. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy First and second place positions in the foundry challenges, I enjoy being in the Foundry spotlights on the front page, etc., But I would gladly give all of that up if PWE could show us that they care about us a little.

Fans of this game give blood sweat and tears (And more importantly for PWE, MONEY!) and all we need to know is that this game is more than a slot machine to the owners, that the fans are more than just cattle. We need to know that PWE cares about Star trek, or at least is sensitive enough to our needs as fans to PRETEND to care.

This business with the Forums told us that we are little more than a profitable fungus to PWE, important only as long as we fit in the boxes, stay in the dark, and eat (Fungus food)...

Show us that it isn't true.
    Change the forums back.

• Options
    macfellymacfelly Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Blah Blah Blah
    Change the forums back.

Old forums aren't coming back, get over it. The new one is fine, the loss of functionality was minimal at best. Personally if I fixed the forums there would be no post count, no join date and no signatures. The only feature I truly miss is the ignore feature.
    Apparently not loyal enough :|
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Show us that it isn't true.
    Change the forums back.

Can someone please explain to me what in the name of our pale blue dot the forums have to do with the game?

Seriously. How is fixing the forums going to do one damned thing to fix whatever problems you or anyone else perceives with the game? What is the correlation?

Or are you just whining to be whining?
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    There will be other instances in STO and Life where other people will know something before you do. It's not a biggie really.
  • Options
    cavewarkcavewark Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Sorry but certain devs at cryptic had a holier than thou attitude when it came to decisions, along the lines of "IM RIGHT YOUR ALL WRONG" and basically being raised onto loftly platforms by the fan base on the forums who rush to defend them.

Sorry to say this but the game is fun and i still play it but not as much as i probably should, i still buy the ships and i enjoy the mechanics of the game > BUT i have never felt a need to invest long hours on this game.

Reading the posts from my facebook link it seems that movment seems to have been made in terms of releasing new content and changes to the overall feel of the game. I am hoping that pwe are basically cleaning house of devs who did nothing but proclaimed they were "working" lets face it PVP hasnt been touched in years, and we have seen no significant content additions since the last STF (which was 6 months ago) which in this industry of high mmo turn over isnt good enough. Relying on the Foundry to fill the gaps in the content was and is a bad move.

THe starbase situation is interesting but i still have no immediate need to join a fleet.
  • Options
    ryeknowryeknow Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Who cares?. Really........ I mean a TRIBBLE sandwich on white bread or a TRIBBLE sandwich on wheat.....your still eating TRIBBLE so shut up and eat it already.
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited June 2012

No you don't ... , but I appreciate the attempt to shame the Devs into action . :o

Once JJ-Trek gets some classically trained writes it may get better , but with writers that "credit" themselfs with "Hercules , Xena & Transformers" -- well I'm not holding my breath for great drama .
    (and I like some of their previous work , I just understand how they are limited and how they are limiting themselfs to appeal to a wider audiance)

Oh , and I suppose I should apologize for presuming to tel you what you like , but honestly , this game is no more "canon" then a book .
    I stopped reading Trek books as a whole over 14 years ago when I got convinced that Pocket books had fired their real editors and took on 12 year olds to do the work .
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited June 2012

There are people who hated ds9. thought it was an affront to the very name of start trek. should they have cancelled ds9 because it was not what those people wanted? should there not be another star trek film because some people hate JJ. no because its arrogant to assume that one group of people should decide the fate of something because they dont like it.

no its not time to cancel the game. many people still enjoy it and are excited about the future. if you dont, then fine. good for you, but please don't be so arrogant to think your opinion is shared by everyone or assume anything based off the limited feedback of the forums. go on your way and find something you enjoy and let the people who still enjoy the game find their fun here.
  • Options
    captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I have an identity again. Also I want tacos. Mighty Taco. with Medium Sauce and lots of lettuce and cheese.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    macfelly wrote: »
    Old forums aren't coming back, get over it.

Respectfully, You are wrong. People like you told us to forget about ever getting our Avatars back. Look what happened, they are back. Do you think the PWE folks just changed their minds randomly all-of-a-sudden, or do you think that those of us who refused to "get over it" might have made some kind of difference?

I'll give you a hint. PWE wants happy customers because happy customers pay. But they aren't going to take any action on anything if they don't know that we are unhappy. The way they know we are unhappy is by complaining.

If you act as sheep, you will be treated as sheep.

That doesn't mean you need to turn into a jerk or some kind of anti-PWE activist.
    It just means don't act as a sheep. When PWE returned our Avatars, it said that they heard us, and respected what we had to say. We need to let them know when we are unhappy about something, not just "get over it" and accept whatever happens.

• Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Can someone please explain to me what in the name of our pale blue dot the forums have to do with the game?

Seriously. How is fixing the forums going to do one damned thing to fix whatever problems you or anyone else perceives with the game? What is the correlation?

Or are you just whining to be whining?

Ok next time you have a product that doesn't work or the T&C's are changed without you being told will you get over it. I think not. the Whole point is we are all customers of PWE whether you are gold members or Silver most of us still buy Cryptic points or other stuff via the C Store. We have Avatars back which is but a small victory. This Forum is severely limited compared to the other one and looks like something my baby brother would make using a basic webpage designer rather than a company.

However not to completely moan here. The Starbase design is good and this has made me join a fleet with primary character where I have made a few friends and STF players
    However PWE needs to get rid of some of the dead wood devs so they can bring in people who can make a difference. Unlike the person who was supposed to be revamping PVP and I have seen no change to it like many others.

Hopefully PWE can change the way Cryptic treat us and make this game something that is more enjoyable and continue to release more content for all factions.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Respectfully, You are wrong. People like you told us to forget about ever getting our Avatars back. Look what happened, they are back. Do you think the PWE folks just changed their minds randomly all-of-a-sudden, or do you think that those of us who refused to "get over it" might have made some kind of difference?

There is a huge difference between adding some functionality to the new forums and reverting back to the old ones. there is a key difference between trying to improve what you have and asking for a level for change compared to going back to what we have.

no one said we would never get the ability for custom avatars back or that we should not ask for changes within their ability. from almost the very start branflakes said they were working on adding that back, although he gave no promises.

there was no random changing of their minds, they simply tried to accommodate us with the new system which they managed, and credit to them for doing that. i suspect there will be other changes to improve what we now have and credit to the players as well for asking.

but there is no way what so ever they will change the forums back to how it was. PW changed the set up so that all of their games use the same forums and will be using the same zen and forums handles. this is a business and logistical reason controlled at the highest levels. they have millions of customers across a dozen games. the complaints of a sub section of the sto boards are not going to get them to change their business plan. whether you like it or not, this is something you will have to accept. fight to improve these forums certainly, but the old ones are gone.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    robeasom wrote: »
    Ok next time you have a product that doesn't work or the T&C's are changed without you being told will you get over it. I think not.

What? Of course I'll get over it. I'm an adult.