test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is the Support Page Working?

I can not access the support pages. I have tried Firefox and Internet Explorer on two different units, all with different security settings. I keep getting the same errors that MY ACCOUNT will not direct correct, or load. It has been like this for days now, even before I linked accounts (which I still can not access my game).

Please do not tell me to check for viruses, clean cache, yada yada. Nothing wrong on my end.
:)

Thank you.
Joined STO 20091001. Started playing STO 20120303. Yup, waited 2.5 years for them to go free-to-play. ; Christian, Borg, Time Lord, ninja! I am that hero!
Post edited by thehidden on

Comments

• mandrake45mandrake45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    It's working for me.
    Having trouble with ground STFs? Looking for help?

Join the STFHelp channel
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Works for me.

May want to walk us through with specifics what you're doing so we can check to see. Maybe we're doing something different than what you;re doing,
  • thehiddenthehidden Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Works for me.
    May want to walk us through with specifics what you're doing so we can check to see. Maybe we're doing something different than what you;re doing,

Really, a walk through? I go to the SUPPORT page and click MY ACCOUNT and get the error. Can not get anymore specific than that. Want more, read my original post talking about multiple browsers and multiple computers. Not to be mean and cruel here, but the only people who can answer this are official support people, who do not even read the boards (and think, my years of gaming community service does not apply when I am the one needing service).

This link right here, https://support.perfectworld.com/app/account/overview, fails to load for me. All I can guess is a coding issue on the Perfect World servers regarding my account. All my account pages worked fine on Cryptic before the conversion. Big mistake right there, as I have been unable to access STO in about a week now. That is for a whole different post (done that) and for their support people to look over, instead of talking to someone like me about troubleshooting. I have been doing video game QA professionally probably a lot longer than most PWE "techs." Just just need to fix the pages so I can gain access to the ticket I need to reply to, telling them how wrong they are about the game client functionally correctly. However, I can not even get the reply to them about THIS issue with their support pages through, so they think everything is "fine and dandy" on their end.

Oh, and I would love to reply to their emails thinking the question has been resolved because I have not replied back yet, but currently their page, https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask, also fails to load now. So, I can not even send them another ticket, telling them that the reason they have not gotten any replies from me is because they have yet been told about THIS POST.
    Joined STO 20091001. Started playing STO 20120303. Yup, waited 2.5 years for them to go free-to-play. ; Christian, Borg, Time Lord, ninja! I am that hero!
  • capnbluddcapnbludd Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Works fine for me using the link in your post, clicked on 'your account' - 'my account' is a different link at the top of the page, I'm using chrome. I also logged in on IE and that worked, and it also worked on my galaxy nexus. It does seem the problem is specific to you. Contact Branflakes and let him know you can't use the support page.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dec/2008
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    thehidden wrote: »
    Really, a walk through? I go to the SUPPORT page and click MY ACCOUNT and get the error. Can not get anymore specific than that. Want more, read my original post talking about multiple browsers and multiple computers. Not to be mean and cruel here, but the only people who can answer this are official support people, who do not even read the boards (and think, my years of gaming community service does not apply when I am the one needing service).

Thank you for your rudeness.

If you have done all the years of "gaming community service" that you brag about, you would know that the first thing to check is to make sure that the person is doing the action correctly.

Don;t worry. I won't bother you any more.
  • thehiddenthehidden Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Capnbludd, Branflakes a volunteers forum user or an official to PWE itself? Only person I can find matching that name is a user ?pwebranflakes.? For that name, no link to send a message directly. Will keep the name in mind. Thanks.

mikewendell, if you read my first post, you would have seen that "making sure I am doing things right" went against me saying, ?Nothing wrong on my end.? As stated, on my end, nothing wrong. All issues with the database of the account, as it is just happening to me. Nothing on this side. Another example, trying to change the password on this account, only tells me that my ?current password is incorrect.? Really? I can access the bloody website just fine. The ?forgot password? link, which is just an insult to people who never forget passwords, as I have kept track of every password to everything since 1990 I have done, and noted which ones had database issues as my passwords never changed... oh, now I am rambling about my perfection in record keeping. Anyway, clicking that link gives me invalid access as well, but my persistence causes me to try once a day. And yes, over two decades of techness on my side, plus recent years in professional gaming QA, producing, and writing. No, this is not considered ?bragging.? This is making a point that I understand a lot more than my little post count here gives credit to (not to mention my experience in how customer and technical support SHOULD work). True, though, that hundreds of other people, the less experience, do ask how to log into sites without knowing their CAPS was on do make the rest of us look bad. I give you that. However, I did state that I was not intending to be mean or cruel. Now that I have made that clear. So, if you really felt offended by text from an anonymous user to you, then I am sorry for that.

If I can not play it anymore, especially since it got boring after hitting VA50 within the first two weeks, it is not a big loss to me. I can go back to modding STA2 or STL to get my starship battle fixes.

Again, thanks for all the info provided. Sadly, seems a database issue that unless they know about fixing it, may never get fixed. I am having a friend create an account for me to try sending them a support ticket about it.
  • capnbluddcapnbludd Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    yes pwebranflakes is the official community guy, click private messages up to the right of the page and you'll be able to pm him and tell him your problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dec/2008
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited July 2012
    I am sorry to hear you are having troubles, the hidden -- I checked this through a few browsers, on this account and my personal account, and both worked. Not sure what could be the issue :( Since you can't get onto the support page, if you would like to email support directly, email them at: customerservice@perfectworld.com

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • commander550commander550 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Likewise, I also cant access the Support page and stay logged in. Should I try to log in, from the support page, I get this from my browsers:

Chrome:
    The webpage at https://support.perfectworld.com/ci/pta/login/redirect/home/p_li/cF91c2VyaWQ9dGhlY29tbWFuZGVyOTc5JnBfcGFzc3dkPSZwX2VtYWlsPW51bm8xQGxpdmUuY2EmcF9maXJzdF9uYW1lPSZwX2xhc3RfbmFtZT0mcF90aXRsZT1jb21tYW5kZXI1NTAmcF9saV9wYXNzd2Q9dGVzdF9zZWNyZXRfa2V5 has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.
    (Doesn't even let me see log in page.)

Firefox:
    The page isn't redirecting properly
    Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

IE, just keeps going on, wont finish loading nothing lol.

Opera Mobile, goes back to the log in page.

I can log into any other part of the website and stay logged in. Hope you guys find the root cause. Because this is happening on all my systems.
  • ech77ech77 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    this is also happening to me too, i have posted in another thread about it. :eek:

any help would be appreciated.