test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Account Linking FAQ

Comments

• sorwensorwen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I just did mine and I guess I'll find out tonight if it caused problems. I do have to agree with the sentiment that these forums are really poor.

Edit: lol and I just got a "No thread specified error when editing my post". WTH.
    Forever and always forward
  • cormorancormoran Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Be thankful, most of those offers are scams.

EDIT: How the hell did this end up in the account linking FAQ?
    I think you can add that one to a list 'not amusing' nixboox.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,818 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The Cryptic forums look like oasis in the desert

PWE = not looking very smart, poor transition, poor execution, less features, no avatars or transfered over handle and account names, bottom line..... plenty of unsatisfied customers.

I am starting to miss Atari....... And I thought they ate lead paint chips as kids.

And still no answers to most of the questions asked. Makes me wish PWE would accelerate the integration of Cryptic into PWE so we can get some people in here that actually have answers!
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,818 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Still no answers and yet another issue pops up. My subscribed days shows as 0 and I have been a lifer since the head start. :mad:
  • raifin1701raifin1701 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    After much grumbling, I was able to link without too much difficulty.

While I understand the need for security, and figure that is why the LoginID and the Forum ID have to be separate, it's still a bit silly.

I wish we could link to our old posts, that would be cool. (I figure they all have a poster ID or something.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Star Trek Online Enlistment Date: February 2010
    Fleet website: www.stoacademy.com
  • alarikunalarikun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'd like to pose a question actually. When will we be able to have capital letters in our forum names? Because I like to use proper english, and a name starts with a capital letter.

Sorry, it's honestly very annoying.
    Original Join Date: January 2010
    Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
    Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
  • poweremperor2poweremperor2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    karmapoint wrote: »
    Argh. The real reasons to hate this change too much? Talking directly about the problems.

1- I don't get my reward. No signal in any point of the C-store. How get this, because my PW account and my Crypt account **never** get the reward.

2 - All C-points in the website are gone. If I use my crypt account is here, but I can't buy anything from the website. And no one says if my Crypt account is safe yet.

3 - The worse thing in the PW settings: You can't choose or change later your facebook account to be associated with the PW website. I opened a ticket months ago and I have no answer yet.

4 - I can't transfer my toons to any test server, because the account link don't accept or don't find my toons in the holodeck, and don't permit to transfer to other place.

5 - My whole STO account are gone in the website of STO, i can't find any toon, test server subscription or any signal on any STO or PW accounts.

6 - You can't "unlink" your account to correct this whole mess.

7 - The PW don't give any support. I already opened a Ticket but I receve no word about all problems.

8 - I have a Champions Online account. Now I can lost this too because the PW account link?

9 - Anyone of Staff can confirm if my Crypt account is safe for any erase or something like that caused by this whole mess caused of the PW account links?

10 - The Gold and the Lifetime accounts lost all rewards related with the forum and the veteran rewards?

11 - STO website don't find my toons.

I agree!

This change isn't good at all.

I was happy when only Cryptic was in charge of STO.

And that the name system would have been better when creating a PW account:mad:
  • defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    So, how about a step by step for linking. All it tells you is to login and all will be well. So, I login to PWE and then what? I find nothing to tell me anything else or confirm if indeed accounts are linked.

Was gonna consider a lifetime purchase today before the sale went out. Now, not so likely.

Can't you give it a big "Easy Button" or send a confirmation or something? Very confusing for non-techie folks. Like, WTF is 'linking flow'.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
    Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com
  • neuraldamageneuraldamage Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yo Bran,

When is the client going to be updated so that when I logout it remembers the PWE acct name I have to use to login rather than the old Cryptic login info which I cannot use to login???

This doesn't seem very "streamlined" to me. :(

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • naharikajalnaharikajal Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Is there a way to delete my email adress from my cryptic account so that I can use this "old" email adress for my PWE account?

EDIT: Problem solved. I forgot about an old PWE account I've created ages ago where I used my email address. Changed it there and now I can use it for STO.
  • darksithemperordarksithemperor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Does anyone know if the promo still applies? I logged in with my VA, went to the ingame C-store, looked in the "items" tab, and got nothing...

Edit: Ooo-kay.

You have to log out, and log in with the PW account for this to work.

Also, amnesty from lifetime bans is a good thing.
  • karavaggiokaravaggio Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Linking my accounts erased all my toons, thanks a lot guys
  • cassianncassiann Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Okay so now I was FORCED to link my Cryptic Account to my PWE Account to login to the website so I could buy cC-Points. Trouble is when I got the Zen I can't transfer it because they are asking for a Sever for STO and the only Option I get is "No Character" so I can't convert my Zen to C-Points for the C-Store.

What's more when I Login using PWE and not Cryptic I don't see the 8 Characters I made on Cryptic Account so what the Hell is going on is my account Linked orr not. And if it is Linked why don't I have access to my original 8 characters?

I spent a lot of money on my Cryptic Characters and DO NOT wish to lose all that I have on them.

If PWE is trying to rip[ me off I will contact the authorities about this and STO will start getting a bad name.
  • sharyssasharyssa Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ...PWE "start" getting a bad name?

...I lol'd.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    sharyssa wrote: »
    ...PWE "start" getting a bad name?

not PWE it's Star Trek Online that will start getting the bad name
  • capnbluddcapnbludd Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You aren't properly linked, if you were linked you wouldn't be logging into your cryptic account still. What you have is 2 separate accounts at the moment.
    Links below.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=276001

last thing on the faq...
    Q: I've read the FAQ, I've tried everything, and it's still not working. How do I get help?
    Send a ticket from the support site https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask, or email us at customerservice@perfectworld.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dec/2008
    edited July 2012
    capnbludd wrote: »
    You aren't properly linked, if you were linked you wouldn't be logging into your cryptic account still. What you have is 2 separate accounts at the moment.
    Links below.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=276001

last thing on the faq...

Sorry try another answer please because according to the Website I am Linked PROPERLY as it won't let me in using my OLD Cryptic Loggin.
  • theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I've lost my Lucky 13 X forum name because of it. If I did not love STar Trek so much, I would quit this game. Have not used my The Ultimate X online personna since Fox's X-Files forum days. Way to send me WAAAAAY back PWE.

Sigh. :(
  • commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Branflakes has said that there is a way to allow us to post as one of our characters from the game. If he can get that to work, then you will show up as your @handle once again.

There is no ETA (not even "Soon"), but a lot of us are hoping it happens.
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    I just read ina nother post that my mailbox where I had stored all of my stuff for 2 years may be gone. This better not be true. If so, PWE can do you know what... :mad:
  • commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I just read ina nother post that my mailbox where I had stored all of my stuff for 2 years may be gone. This better not be true. If so, PWE can do you know what... :mad:

Your mailbox still exists in-game. You just no longer have any out-of-game access.
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    Ok thanks. Still sucks though.
  • theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Btw, I guess I am here too late for the Linking reward and the participation in the Linking promotion and NeverWinter Nights beta?

I was too busy leveling up my last Fed players to 50, that I avoided the forums for over a month.
  • distantworldsdistantworlds Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I would rather my @handle be the perfect world display name, rather than my old cryptic one. Is it possible to change it?
  • argisargis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Joy I've been trying to link my accounts for weeks now and get nothing but 500s (Internal Server Error)

You'd think in this day and age they'd know how to write a basic web app.
  • sparky123sparky123 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ok, so I've taken the reluctant steps and linked my accounts (both STO & CO). Before the linking each individual cryptic account to these games had thousands of Cryptic points /Zen, after linking I have a zero balance on my Zen, where have my Cryptic points / Zen thingies gone please ? :(
  • direcrowdirecrow Member, Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Every time I click the link to linking site, it just leads me to the game's main webpage.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC