test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Account Linking FAQ

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
((Please also check out this FAQ -- we'll be updating it as more questions come in: https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4134))

We've just launched the new Star Trek Online website, so now's a great chance to link your account to access both PWE and Cryptic options. Linking your accounts will make it faster to log into all your favorite games, and easier to link up with your friends in other games.

Read on below for an overview of how to link accounts and what the benefits are.

How do I link my accounts?

Navigate to https://my.perfectworld.com/sto, and login. This will take you through the linking flow. Be sure to select the correct radio button for your account type.

Why are we linking accounts?

By linking your Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic accounts, you will enjoy a more streamlined process in accessing your information and logging into your favorite games. Doing so will also allow the friends you play with to find you more easily in other titles.

How do I purchase ZEN?

Navigate to our billing page https://billing.perfectworld.com/charge. You'll be able to purchase ZEN in a number of ways, including prepaid ZEN cards, credit cards and PayPal.

How do I transfer ZEN to a server?
When you buy ZEN, it gets added to your wallet, which you can view at https://billing.perfectworld.com/mywallet. From there, you'll be able to select which game, then which server you want to transfer ZEN to.

What if I don't want to link?

Account linking will soon be non-optional. If you have a Cryptic account and link now, you can claim a special item in Star Trek Online. Also, the sooner you link, the better chance you have of getting your preferred account name and display name.

What about my Cryptic Points?

Cryptic points currently on your account will remain on your account - you won't lose them, but you can only use them in Star Trek Online or Champions Online. Once you've linked your account, you can take advantage of the many payment options to purchase Zen.

What if I don't have a PWE account?

The linking flow will walk you through creating one. Chances are, we've even reserved your account name and @handle.

What if I don't have a Cryptic account?

That's okay. When you login to the Star Trek Online or Champions Online website with your PWE account, we'll grant your account the proper credentials to play all Cryptic games. You won't have to do anything except maybe choose an @handle.

Why are the boxes red? It won't let me have my account name/@handle!

Couple things to check:

1. You can't have the same acount name and display name in the PWE system. If yours are the same, decide if you'd rather it be your login or your public name, and pick something else for the one you care less about.

2. If they're not the same, it's possible that one or the other is already taken in the PWE system, and you'll need to select something else.

It won't let me have my email address!

If it says your email address is already in the system, try recovering your PW login name and password here: https://register.perfectworld.com/account/forgotid

What are the Privacy and Data Protection Policies?

The protection of your privacy and personal information is very important to us. Please visit our Privacy Policy page to learn more about how we safeguard your account information.

But I only get 80 CP for every 100 Zen!

The Zen to CP conversion rate is the the same as the cash to CP conversion rate. Zen is $1 : 100 Zen. CP is $1 : 80 CP. You'll receive the same number of CP you always did for the same dollar price.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    There's one issue with PWE accounts; if you accidentally enter in more or less than the 6-12 characters when resetting passwords, it doesn't tell you that there's an error and will reset it as such.

This unfortunately means you won't actually be able to login with that password because it tells you that you've entered in the information incorrectly.

This happened to me earlier and was extremely frustrating until I found the error.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • shaanithegreenshaanithegreen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Please answer this question:

Can I buy points for other players, like with the old Cryptic points cards?

Thank you.
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    What happens if / when PWE and Cryptic split? Will it be like the Atari / Cryptic split, or more complicated?
  • darthoricidarthorici Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    this does not say is this Your account needs to be at least one week old your new pwe acount. and have a Your account needs to be at least one week old and have
    a character at least level 10
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited June 2012

The linking flow will walk you through creating one. Chances are, we've even reserved your account name and @handle.

Hold on, hold on. Is there a CHANCE that you reserved my @handle and since I made my PWE account and THEN linked it, I was the one who was blocking my using my own handle? If so, how I can I find out? Is that why The Grand Nagus lost his fairly unique one? PLEASE find out and let us know.

Please. This would go a long way to fixing the nerdrage being felt on the forums right now.
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • karmapointkarmapoint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Argh. The real reasons to hate this change too much? Talking directly about the problems.

1- I don't get my reward. No signal in any point of the C-store. How get this, because my PW account and my Crypt account **never** get the reward.

2 - All C-points in the website are gone. If I use my crypt account is here, but I can't buy anything from the website. And no one says if my Crypt account is safe yet.

3 - The worse thing in the PW settings: You can't choose or change later your facebook account to be associated with the PW website. I opened a ticket months ago and I have no answer yet.

4 - I can't transfer my toons to any test server, because the account link don't accept or don't find my toons in the holodeck, and don't permit to transfer to other place.

5 - My whole STO account are gone in the website of STO, i can't find any toon, test server subscription or any signal on any STO or PW accounts.

6 - You can't "unlink" your account to correct this whole mess.

7 - The PW don't give any support. I already opened a Ticket but I receve no word about all problems.

8 - I have a Champions Online account. Now I can lost this too because the PW account link?

9 - Anyone of Staff can confirm if my Crypt account is safe for any erase or something like that caused by this whole mess caused of the PW account links?

10 - The Gold and the Lifetime accounts lost all rewards related with the forum and the veteran rewards?

11 - STO website don't find my toons.
    Brasilis Elite Squad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PW/Crypt can't make more KDF Content?
  • rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I changed my name and it is reflected on the forums but not in-game. When will this change be reflected in game?
  • captainotakucaptainotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The rewards haven't vanished as far as I can tell. It still lists the correct number of days that I have been subscribed for, so that shouldn't be affected. And I checked in the Cryptic Store and my CP are still there. They just can't be viewed from My Account anymore, which is kind of silly. So as much of a pain as this change is, at least our subscription days haven't changed.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited June 2012
    Updated with more answers, plus a link at the top to where we'll be answering more.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • trickeyzombietrickeyzombie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    My concern is in game mail. We've had reports of some people loosing theirs after linking, can we get a word on that?
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The Zen to CP conversion rate is the the same as the cash to CP conversion rate. Zen is $1 : 100 Zen. CP is $1 : 80 CP. You'll receive the same number of CP you always did for the same dollar price.

You may want to actually mention that 100 Zen = 80 CP. With what you have there currently suggests that there actually is a different between the two.
  • nocadleenocadlee Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I don't remember my password of my Cryptic account, and I can't get a reminder, so I'm stuck at the linking page. What can I do?
  • obsidiusrexobsidiusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    How can a get a non-crappy forums avatar? Why can't we use BB Code in our signatures? Why wasn't ANY advanced notice given about this migration?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
    And remember to follow the rules.
  • gravitate1gravitate1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012

So, when registering under PWE, if the account name we choose is red then you were unable to reserve it for us?

What happens to our in-game @handle? Right now, mine is as it's always been, but my username had to be changed, as did my forum name... so eventually will I lose my @handle too?

I hope not!
  • azeus22azeus22 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    why so much BS......When are they going fix this bug:mad:

Your account must pass the following criteria:

* At least one of your characters must be level 10 or higher.

If you feel that this message is an error, please contact Perfect World Entertainment's Billing Team through the Support System.

plus my character is 50

unpland and unfair.. Perfect world has done:frown:
  • rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    gravitate1 wrote: »
    So, when registering under PWE, if the account name we choose is red then you were unable to reserve it for us?

What happens to our in-game @handle? Right now, mine is as it's always been, but my username had to be changed, as did my forum name... so eventually will I lose my @handle too?

I hope not!

I would like some clarification on this as well. I changed my name, I actually wanted to, but it isn't reflected in-game yet although the page said it would. Will this occur and if so when?
  • phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm glad to see Tribble can now be accessed by PWE accounts.

Will we still be able to use XMPP clients like Pidgin?
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I strongly suspect that I can no longer use my display name because it was my old account and user name in one, and not that someone has taken it away. Is there a way to confirm that thisis the case and get my name back? It can't be that hard unless data like what my previous account, e-mail adress, handle and the like was.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • bfloydbfloyd Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Just to clarify, our "display name" is our forum name while our "account name" will remain our "@handle" that we use in game, correct?
  • foxalpha5foxalpha5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    PLEASE allow us to keep our current @global names ingame!

DeltaFox
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Why wont it let anyone take the "free zen" survey? When you click the link it says your account has to be a week old and have a level 10 character.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • brandobarisethosbrandobarisethos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Brandon, is there any way for those of us that had a pwe forum account and a cryptic account linked before the merger to change our forum names? I hope I am not stuck with the one I came up with for the Neverwinter forums :redface: I would really like to switch it to the name I was using on the Cryptic forums.
  • constantinople99constantinople99 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    please tell me that my @handle will NEVER be affected by this change brandon....
    Pre-PWE merge:

Original name - Constantinople999
    Join date - August 2008
  • yonazakiyonazaki Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    What if I don't want to link?

Account linking will soon be non-optional. If you have a Cryptic account and link now, you can claim a special item in Star Trek Online. Also, the sooner you link, the better chance you have of getting your preferred account name and display name.

And here is my response!

And that worthless junk that's not even worth hauling to the vender...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • koppenflakkoppenflak Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    yonazaki wrote: »
    And here is my response!

And that worthless junk that's not even worth haling to the vender...

"Oh, I'm sorry... did I say it should be hauling garbage? Allow me to correct myself... these forums should be hauled as garbage!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • josephkerrjosephkerr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    koppenflak wrote: »
    "Oh, I'm sorry... did I say it should be hauling garbage? Allow me to correct myself... these forums should be hauled as garbage!"

Wi-five

/10char
  • bfloydbfloyd Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    josephkerr wrote: »
    Am I Joseph Kerr, or Captain Collier? Listen PWE, it's not like I need Split Personality on top of evrything else...

I agree, I don't see why we need so many names for one thing! All I want is for my account name to be the same as my forum name and to be the same as my @handle.

I understand that PWE is trying to get you to conform to their system but perhaps they are the ones that ought to adapt.
  • happyhappyj0yj0yhappyhappyj0yj0y Member Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Since Brandon is answering questions, I have one raised about account linking over on the CO boards (by a user named Brou, who I'll paraphrase)...

We're keeping our @names in-game, right?

But it won't be policy to provide different @names to forum names in general, right? There's never been a divide here before, and I don't imagine that will become standard policy, will it?

And some of our @names are taken via PWE account/forum names, right?

So what's going to happen if/when the PWE account/forum alter ego to our @names decides to join STO or CO?

Will we keep our @name and they'll be given the chance to choose a new @name different than their account/forum name for PWE?

Will they claim our @name, since so far PWE users have, by default, regardless of seniority or even active status, claim over account/forum names it appears. And if that happens, what then...? Does our @name default to our PWE account/forum name? Do we even get to choose another one? Do we get automatically amended to, say, HappyHappyJoyJoy-1?

What can we expect if this comes to pass?
  • hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I have a question:

Where's my money? 600 CP and now it says 0 Zen?

When I log out of STO will I have ANY hope of the game remembering me or keeping my @name in-game?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmapointkarmapoint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    after some hours, the PW support gived me some instructions to correct the account link problem.

Ok, now I can see my toons, can spend points in the C-store... But I can't transfer my toons to any test server.

And I don't have the reward for linking the accounts. :mad:
    Brasilis Elite Squad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PW/Crypt can't make more KDF Content?