test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So.. is 1000 vet really it?

jtmarshjtmarsh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I have heard it from everyone but Cryptic. So is it really it for Vet rewards? 1000 days? Since I am a day one guy with only 2 toons even after this long. Well vet rewards was one of the few reasons I stay paid.

Really I dont see why it would stop... Why quit rewarding long time people??
Post edited by jtmarsh on

Comments

• Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Afraid the 1000 days is it. There was a post by Stormshade a long time ago explaining why, but with the transition, that information is long gone.

If I remember correctly, its like "thank you for being around this long, but we gotta focus on new content than making new stuff for rewards".

Could that change? Who knows. Personally, I could see unique rewards for Lifetimers during the STO Anniversary at least, that would be seperate from the regular anniversary rewards.
  • Options
    gettorixgettorix Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I remember Stormy's post too, but as I recall he said that 100 days was the end of 100-day increments for rewards. After this they would MAYBE offer them every 500 days. (Maybe)

But also, just because the day-marker rewards end doesn't mean other things can't be introduced for subscribers who are beyond 1000 days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cormorancormoran Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I wonder when that was said, if it was during the great atari drought things might have changed.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    cormoran wrote: »
    I wonder when that was said, if it was during the great atari drought things might have changed.

Storm said that in the old 500 Day Thread, when they were revealing the 600 - 1000 Day rewards.

Granted, things might've changed, but if they were planning on new rewards, surely we would've been told by now.
  • Options
    nyiadnyiad Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I hope things have changed and we get more rewards afterwards.....no excuse seeing that we had a year with no content and just sorry attempts at "content" the past few months.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Who knows. Until the devs have said no more vet rewards, then assume we will have them. They could keep it at 100 days, increase the number of days between each reward, or change the vet reward system so that after a period of time, we earn veteran currency that can be used to purchase certain vet rewards. So don't like a specific vet reward? Then you can buy a more useful vet reward. It would be better for younger vets in getting the more useful vet rewards like the 1000 day vet reward after 500 days if you save up for it.
  • Options
    kbflordkruegkbflordkrueg Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Maybe they don't figure on having enough Vets for a 1000 days to make it worth developing new rewards...?
    887 days myself...wonder how many have been here since Beta still...
    I played a few hours in Beta and stopped once I realized there was nothing for Klingons to do since there weren't any yet...didn't play agin until the Headstart weekend.
    Lord Krueg
    KBF CO
    We are the Dead
    join date Aug 2008
  • Options
    bladeofkahlessbladeofkahless Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Maybe they don't figure on having enough Vets for a 1000 days to make it worth developing new rewards...?
    I played a few hours in Beta and stopped once I realized there was nothing for Klingons to do since there weren't any yet...didn't play agin until the Headstart weekend.

Still here :cool:

It's me, Chrome. [Join Date: May 2009]

"Oh, I may be captain by rank... but I never wanted to be anything else but an engineer." ~Montgomery Scott~
  • Options
    assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    starkaos wrote: »
    Who knows. Until the devs have said no more vet rewards, then assume we will have them.

Wrong way around. Until the devs announce the post-1000 vet rewards assume there won't be any.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • Options
    eldioraeldiora Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I would like to see new vet rewards. 897 days myself here. We will see. And I do think that there are alot of the beta lifers still here because of that LT :) always nice to come back to sto after a half year break and see new systems implemented.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Hmmm an obvious thought occured....other than the 400 Zen stiped...what would be the point to having a paid sub if 1000 is the final mark haha?
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    nyiad wrote: »
    Hmmm an obvious thought occured....other than the 400 Zen stiped...what would be the point to having a paid sub if 1000 is the final mark haha?

None. BlaBlaBla 10Char
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    If we use Zen Points instead of C-Store points, then it is a stipend of 500 Zen. Also, only subbers have a choice of unsubscribing if there are no more vet rewards. Us lifers are stuck with being subscribed to the game.
  • Options
    matteo716maikaimatteo716maikai Member Posts: 823
    edited July 2012
    i think a simple repeating reward every 100 days after 1000 would be nice, and that reward could simply be a free respect token. so once every 3 months we would get a free respec.

a plus for customer service and a plus for us customers.
  • Options
    kobayashlmarukobayashlmaru Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Here's the ominous thing about the vet rewards currently ending at 1000 days. If you calculate the true value over time of the vet rewards, 1000 is the tipping point where the value of new rewards would outweigh the $15 monthly subs.

I would certainly hope that they offer more rewards, but that convenient fact may be a reason for them to no longer continue (i.e. unprofitable).
    Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Here's the ominous thing about the vet rewards currently ending at 1000 days. If you calculate the true value over time of the vet rewards, 1000 is the tipping point where the value of new rewards would outweigh the $15 monthly subs.

I would certainly hope that they offer more rewards, but that convenient fact may be a reason for them to no longer continue (i.e. unprofitable).

A happy palyerbase tends to pay.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    A happy palyerbase tends to pay.

Exactly. Even lifers use the C-Store.
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,648 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    My guess is that Cryptic needn't revisit veteran rewards until the first of the new Gold subscribers since F2P meet the 1000 days. They can afford to wait.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    guildwarstwoguildwarstwo Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    On checking back to verify my account deletion (at my request), since STO/PWE seems incapable of even completing said small task, I will comment on the reasons for leaving: buggy gameplay, poor GM responses, the addition of annoying ads to the STOwiki, no equivalent vanity rewards for earning ones way to the top as compared to the veterans ladder composed of vanity rewards for players that have done nothing other than pay their way to the top ( I just did not feel inclined to pay to enter a captains lounge populated with only the segment of players that PWE felt worthy to be there: namely those with money to spend). PWE has taken a game based on the best of humanities vision for the future (Star Trek) and buttfu**ed it into a parody of what could have been. The game: room for improvement, the players: cool, PWE: not cool, the devs: cornercutters, the GMs: timewasters. I may return from time to time, but not on this account.

Kind Regards,
    Qtwo
    Vice Admiral

"May the door swat my TRIBBLE on the way out"
  • Options
    genericiigenericii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i think a simple repeating reward every 100 days after 1000 would be nice, and that reward could simply be a free respect token. so once every 3 months we would get a free respec.

a plus for customer service and a plus for us customers.

I have 5 respecs on the toon with the least of them, and I have 8 toons. A respec token would be useless to me.
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Maybe to you, but not to everyone else.
    I never have enough to go around for my main character, and I'm flat out.
    Also lost like 3-5 respecs when Starfleet Merits were converted into Dilithium with the F2P conversion. :(
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    captrayvenwingcaptrayvenwing Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    wished i could sell my respec tokens on the exchange. I have never used 1 in the 2 years i have been in game. heck is there even a way to tell how many i have accumulated?
    The Account formally known as Rayvenwing
    Actual Join Date : Feb 2010

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wixibanwixiban Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    wished i could sell my respec tokens on the exchange. I have never used 1 in the 2 years i have been in game. heck is there even a way to tell how many i have accumulated?

You can tell at the skill trainer on ESD or DS9, they tell you how many you have.
    Wixiban.png
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
  • Options
    erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Doing away with vet rewards while still trying to sell Lifetime and Gold subscriptions is a very bad business plan.

I remember the posting back on the old forums that said 1000 days would be the last vet reward and thought that it made no sense to stop them at all.

Cryptic and PWE would lose so much money from month to month gold members that would no longer see a reason to remain subbed.

Sure STO is a F2P MMO but PWE and Cryptic should be doing everything in their power to be enticing players to commit to monthly subs and LTS because it?s guaranteed money either up front or over time and having many of each can only help bolster other micro transactions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sollafsollaf Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited July 2012

I've been here since Beta
    Sollaf: Join date Sep 2009, Lifer. Disgruntled with the JHSS, my Bug feels less shiny now.
  • Options
    sotaudisotaudi Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Wrong way around. Until the devs announce the post-1000 vet rewards assume there won't be any.

You are a real "glass is half empty" kind a person, aren't ya? :D

Seriously, though, one should not assume either way. Assuming that there will not be any gets people angry and complaining when they may well be planning some kind of reward program, altered or not. Assuming that they will leads to disappointment and anger when it doesn't happen. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to ... oops ... wrong franchise.

Don't assume they are giving it. Don't assume they are not. Don't even asssume you deserve it. Just wait and see what they do and enjoy the game because, if you are not enjoying the game, then a vet reward is not going to change that, at least, not for long.
  • Options
    obiwanjabroniobiwanjabroni Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If the 1000-day reward is it, then I would like to see the following:

Captain's Teacup, complete with prissy tea sipping emote when activated on the ground.

As a bonus it could double as a ship device and fully replenish shields once every 24 hours or something (as an homage to Sulu).

I've wanted a Captain's Teacup ever since the Excelsior was released. I hope you hear this plea, wise and powerful STO gods.
    sig_universal.png
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

That's really great, removing my request for account deletion instead of deleting my account. I have already deleted the characters and given all items to the guild, so why is it so difficult for PWE to understand when someone does not want to play nor maintain an account with a poorly developed game. I will say it louder so that perhaps someone will attend to the requested task at hand. DELETE MY ACCOUNT AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION ASSOCIATED WITH MY ACCOUNT.
  • Options
    sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    No. Wake up every morning and look at your empty account. And then cry. Let a river of tears flow so that we may bask in your sorrow. YBY.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.