test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

star base prep

johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
What is everyone doing to prep for the star bases to help their fleets grind the bases well? I'm hoarding dilithium and working to trade up doffs as much as possible as well as grabbing up purple boffs in order to try to help. I'm gathering resources and cash to help as much as I can, but what is everyone else doing?
Post edited by johnnymo1 on

Comments

• sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    stock piling everything in sight
    I expect to be deploying massive resources at short notice
    Live long and Prosper
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    After getting a look at the system on tribble, massing white doffs and stockpiling satellite turrets. Really. Most of the stuff has been pretty easy to meet. The exceptions are fleet marks (which can't be stockpiled until the system's already live), and occasionally very specific doff requirements, like 6 white damage control engineers. And the really hard ones so far have been a couple engineering projects that call for 40 of a specific satellite turret.
  • omgajjerotomgajjerot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I already have a huge stockpile of all the resources needed for starbases, over 5m officer xp and tons of dil/EC.

Currently grinding blues into purples to make room for all the white doffs I'll need to hand in, before I started I had 155 Purple, 237 Blue and almost no room to get whites =/...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    hevach wrote: »
    After getting a look at the system on tribble, massing white doffs and stockpiling satellite turrets. Really. Most of the stuff has been pretty easy to meet. The exceptions are fleet marks (which can't be stockpiled until the system's already live), and occasionally very specific doff requirements, like 6 white damage control engineers. And the really hard ones so far have been a couple engineering projects that call for 40 of a specific satellite turret.

40 of a specific satellite? That is just ridiculous.

Nice to know the Devs are keeping the smaller fleets in mind. :rolleyes:
  • zackarysszackaryss Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Thanks for taking time and posting this... it is a nice viewpoint you have on this
    @ZackerySS - Joined on Aug 2008: year of the greenpig
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yea phaser satellite turrets and white doffs. youll need a few other thing that are easy to come by.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    dkeith2011 wrote: »
    40 of a specific satellite? That is just ridiculous.

Nice to know the Devs are keeping the smaller fleets in mind. :rolleyes:

Yeah, because satellites are so darn hard to come by... :rolleyes:
  • matteo716maikaimatteo716maikai Member Posts: 823
    edited June 2012
    worse comes to worse just throw real money at it until you get what you want.
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2012
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    tacofangs wrote: »

See that people?^^^
    Taco just showed us a clue that some projects will require loads of Tribbles of various types. Everyone needs to stuck up on them!!

... ya ... o.O
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • nyiadnyiad Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Not really. Cryptic / PWE's poor choices for STO made virtually all of my fleet leave. :mad: :(
  • disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm in a fleet of one (me) and I'm debating on taking all my stuff to a larger fleet instead of trying to do it all by myself.
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm in a fleet of one (me) and I'm debating on taking all my stuff to a larger fleet instead of trying to do it all by myself.

I'm in the same boat myself. It's nearly panic stations :eek:
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    nyiad wrote: »
    Not really. Cryptic / PWE's poor choices for STO made virtually all of my fleet leave. :mad: :(

Aye, same here. Right now it's me and one other guy from a fleet of around 40 or so. I'm going to see if any of them come back for the new season, but if not I'm seriously considering moving to another fleet.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • fluffytargcreamfluffytargcream Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    lan451 wrote: »
    Aye, same here. Right now it's me and one other guy from a fleet of around 40 or so. I'm going to see if any of them come back for the new season, but if not I'm seriously considering moving to another fleet.

Why don't you and Nyiad hook up?...
    edited June 2012
    Hmm maybe all of us loners should team up......

• lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Why don't you and Nyiad hook up?...

Even if we did it would still be only the two of us. :P

Naw, I think if I'm going to move to another fleet I'd like to see a few more active people in it. For now though it's all just a backup plan since I want to see if any of my buddies come back first. In the meantime I'll be keeping my eye on the fleet section of the forums here. ;)
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Getting as many Colonists as you can is another good thing to stock up on.
    edited June 2012
    starkaos wrote: »
    Getting as many Colonists as you can is another good thing to stock up on.

Slave labor? Ritual sacrifice? Do we tie them to the hull as armor? I NEED TO KNOW!!

• talzerotwotalzerotwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    jkstocbr wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat myself. It's nearly panic stations :eek:
    lan451 wrote: »

Well I like you guys, why not come with me? I used to be a loner myself, but got a nice home, would love to have you as family :P
    [SIGPIC]http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5[/SIGPIC]
    Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
    Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
  • targpetz101targpetz101 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    talzerotwo wrote: »
    Well I like you guys, why not come with me? I used to be a loner myself, but got a nice home, would love to have you as family :P

Don't Do It!!1
    It's an Undine Trick!!
    It's a TRAP!11!
    [SIGPIC]This is not as good as it used to be...[/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    Whats the fleet? maybe ill take a look?

I'm usualy only active arount 9 am eastern.

edited June 2012
    As more than half the fleets are "alt " or "micro" (less than 10 people) we are the majority guys

If you are short of resources we can always help each other
    Live long and Prosper
    edited June 2012
    At that point we could just all band together as one fleet. I mean if we as individuals are really just interested in the starbase and not really the way most fleets are played then we can always ignore eachother and just build an awesome base.

personaly i just avoid the drama that comes with a poorly run fleet, and I'm not that opposed to a large fleet just I'm not interested in the internap politics. The fleet i was in before making my own was just full of fail. In the end out "leader" kicked us all from it. The current one used to have maybe 20 members but they all went inactive about a year ago.

• reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Build a lone-wolf-fleet shipyard. All of the construction, none of the socializing.

The funny part I expect to see is that when a new project starts, all the commodities will fill up instantly to get fleet marks for a cost of only EC, but the dil requirements will be 'you do it, I donated all the industrial replicators / no YOU do it, I did all the stem bolts.' Last one to the party will be picking up the real tab.
    edited June 2012
    I will be building two starbases by myself pretty much

But thats good it will extend my goals and my future for upto a couple of years
    Live long and Prosper
    edited June 2012
    Build a lone-wolf-fleet shipyard. All of the construction, none of the socializing.

The funny part I expect to see is that when a new project starts, all the commodities will fill up instantly to get fleet marks for a cost of only EC, but the dil requirements will be 'you do it, I donated all the industrial replicators / no YOU do it, I did all the stem bolts.' Last one to the party will be picking up the real tab.

Assuming they had any interest in the project. I'm not saying it would work as a strictly loner fleet. But maybe those of us interested in socializin can run it and the loners can just drop by and donate what they want to and benefit anyway. It's not like the system allows leeching since if you don't contribute you dont get anything. And they may still add some way to gate individual contributions to avoid this problem all together.

• toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    sollvax wrote: »
    I will be building two starbases by myself pretty much

But thats good it will extend my goals and my future for upto a couple of years
    This. :D I need not doing any more plans, this might very well take all of my future. :P
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • talzerotwotalzerotwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Whats the fleet? maybe ill take a look?

I'm usualy only active arount 9 am eastern.

It's Nova Core. We recently merged (NLV + 7th Core + Wolf Pack).
    nlv new legacy vesperia= pvp/pve
    7th core= pvp
    wolf pack= pve/pvp

We're not a micro or alt fleet.
    We're also not an immense fleet.
    We're that balance in between where you know the peeps you play with.

I'm not saying we're huge (and most certainly won't boast 'we have 300 members!'.... even though most that do are inactive :P), but we are sizeable (run 1-3 premades when we can and at least 1-2 pves, primarily est, but have a few from cali, western europe)... prefer quality over quantity and an overall friendly attitude. chat in ts often. chillax attitude and whatnot ^_^.

I personally pvp more and work the 'shipyards' with healer builds (answering question, etc). Recently though I've gotten more into graphics and working on videos :P... pick up hobbies as you go I suppose.
    I help peeps basically, and go by the mantra of chillax, no ego, no problems lol

il sent you my ingame handle inbox so be easier to find that way in game. hope to hear from you soon ^_^
    [SIGPIC]http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5[/SIGPIC]
    Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
    Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
    edited June 2012
    Exactly

Scicom (Fed side) and IKSD (klingon side) bases will take my efforts for much time to come

I hope they will allow for solo fleet base defences (I am happy to stand alone in an instance scaled for 5 and rely on my own ability to chew through it )

But I will be offering "join for a day" options for those who just want to join use the facilities , buy a ship and raid the fleet bank for useless MK X XI and XII weapons consoles and shields (mostly stuff thats not standard issue like polaron or increasingly these days chroniton mine layers )

Im stock piling this junk in the hope that one day its useful

to someone
    Live long and Prosper