test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 6 Dev Blog #8

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
The logs contained in this entry of the Season 6 News Dev Blog series reveal information about the Nukara System, a region of space of interest to the Tholian Assembly.

Link to the blog.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This is great stuff, can't wait to see it ingame

Didn't mean to leave 2 comments on it but the first one didn't show up so I thought I wasn't sent, that needs to be looked into
  • Options
    q403q403 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    What sector block????
    " Nature Decays, but latinum lasts forever."
    Original Handle: @Q400
  • Options
    poisonpoison Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Can't wait for more story!
    jfsig02.png
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    NICE! By the way, shouldn't Tholian weapons be yellow? Or was it JUST the ships?

Will we be meeting the Nukarans, or was that part of the text just for fun?

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Cute story, but what does that mean for the game itself, aside from the fact that we're getting Tholian enemy groups as random enemies during the new PvE missions?
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    starcommando101starcommando101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Can't Wait...

:cool:
    The Average PvP player
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1) Teamwork and timing is #1
    2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
    3) You are going to die, just get back up
  • Options
    stonefyrestonefyre Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Signs of proton damage? We're going to have to start thinking about when to use the Subspace Field modulators in season 6. The proton damage penalty is going to matter if Tholians actually have proton weapons.
  • Options
    backyardserenadebackyardserenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Very good backstory. Hope this makes its way into the game somehow?

Would be a shame to only use it on the website like those Jem'Hadar ship stories last year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Sometimes you have to do things that you hate, so you can survive to fight another day."
  • Options
    sierrafortunesierrafortune Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Awesome story! Can't wait for the Tholian Missions to hit the server.
  • Options
    zzomb1zzomb1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Id gues this leads to a new (or a new chain) of endgame fleet action(s), involving us finding out why the tholians are here, and then protect the area , and its inhabitants from them.
  • Options
    hrci2907hrci2907 Member Posts: 648 Media Corps
    edited June 2012
    Preparing for battle! :biggrin:
    "This is your ultimate STO Youtube channel!"
    https://youtube.com/user/MyBalkanGaming
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Would love to see a couple of story mission involving the tholions but sounds like all endgame stuff but again Iconion gateways making a appearance could this be what they are after?
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zackarysszackaryss Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    this looks like it will be good
    i can't wait to the missions in game
    @ZackerySS - Joined on Aug 2008: year of the greenpig
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    So that explains why Mirror Universe ships are sometimes seen with a Tholian enemy group.
  • Options
    th3gr4ndnagu5th3gr4ndnagu5 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This is a pleasant surprise.

The.Grand.Nagus
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    roamingmuttroamingmutt Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Awesome log entries. Hope to see more like these in the future.
  • Options
    macricanmacrican Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hmm, looks like I better get the ship to space dock for a small refit and some supplies. My Chief Engineer is going to LOVE that.
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,648 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Fun stuff to read! Too bad the scientists bit the dust. Or might they have been captured? :wink:
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    this is good stuff, this is what i want out of this game, a good story to make up for the dull vs npc gameplay. I'll take my exciting gameplay from pvp, and my exciting story telling from pve.

protip- keep your Subspace Field modulators off line around the tholians! perhaps their blue torpedo thing deals proton damage?
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    i like this.

ever considered adding little stories like this in game. maybe to a special console at the different starbases or social zones to act as news outlets. every week or so add a few new logs or news report about what's going on in the galaxy.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Maybe include them in Academy lore pads
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jared1701jared1701 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    dalolorn wrote: »
    NICE! By the way, shouldn't Tholian weapons be yellow? Or was it JUST the ships?

Will we be meeting the Nukarans, or was that part of the text just for fun?

This sounds interesting, but most likely not directly. The Prime Directive prohibits any contact with pre-warp civilizations. Unless of course we go incognito, ala Who Watches the Watchers. :)
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." Jean-Luc Picard
  • Options
    c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Any of this on tribble yet? If not, will we be seeing it soon on tribble?
  • Options
    oracle54oracle54 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Give Kestrel some cookies, this is great stuff!

Edit:
    Any of this on tribble yet? If not, will we be seeing it soon on tribble?
    Well, you can encounter Tholian ships in at least one of the Starbase missions, but that all I've seen of them so far.
  • Options
    hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Intrigued...

A freighter wasn't exactly the perfect choice for the S.S. Mauss, but as a civilian ship, I guess of the options available it was the best. I'd like to place an order for a Raven class please. It shouldn't be too hard to create. Maybe add it and a KDF variant in the C-store as doff-ships (bank, exchange, whatnot) without the unique assignment.

Also... if these kinds of things were to be done a bit more often, maybe you could go a step further, have some VOs do them and release them bit by bit in-game, either by putting the system in ahead of time like was done with the Facility 4208 system (**CLASSIFIED**) and getting one of those Azura/Pico fly-by pop-ups, making people fly by frequently to check on the next installment, or putting them in the big orange monstrosity bearing the foundry spotlight announcements among (fairly few) other things. Just, you know, to remind people there is some content still coming...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • Options
    cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Them blue ships in the screenies if they are suppose to be tholians then i'm very disappointed. I was very much looking forward to tholians with true ip tholians not these new varients, specifically the top tholian lookin ship.

The bottom left one tho did look a bit more faithful but untill i see more of its profile i cant judge that one but the armor plated (like doomsday machine) one looks well naff imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aeolusdallasaeolusdallas Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Them blue ships in the screenies if they are suppose to be tholians then damn you cryptic you made them look TRIBBLE and im very disappointed. I was very much looking forward to tholians with true ip tholians not these new varients and meh dont use the excuse of "its the future" the tholians do not perceive time like the rest so their ships wouldn't alter much like other races would.

What the heck are you talking about? The smaller Tholian ships in game look exactly like the Tholian ships from Enterprise and very similar to the ones from TOS.
  • Options
    cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Check my edit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aeolusdallasaeolusdallas Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Them blue ships in the screenies if they are suppose to be tholians then i'm very disappointed. I was very much looking forward to tholians with true ip tholians not these new varients, specifically the top tholian lookin ship.

The bottom left one tho did look a bit more faithful but untill i see more of its profile i cant judge that one but the armor plated (like doomsday machine) one looks well naff imo.

There are other threads showing Tholian in game ships with a better view of them. The Big carrier looks basically like 4 smaller Tholian ships linked together. The smaller ships look exactly like the ENT Tholian ships and very close to the TOS Tholian ships

http://i.imgur.com/cRXBj.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/xjySf.jpg
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Dev blogs are great, but for some reason I can't get into these com reports (Zzzzzzz). To much text, not enough pictures :). Please in the future present this in comic book format :p