test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 6 Dev Blog #8

2»

Comments

• startrek7771414startrek7771414 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I hope they are in the game somehow and we could maybe have Tholian battles, etc.......
    Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen.......
  • aeolusdallasaeolusdallas Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I hope they are in the game somehow and we could maybe have Tholian battles, etc.......

:biggrin: Have you been reading the thread? lol
  • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Oh look, FED content.

(Looks around for associated KDF content)

What am I doing? I already know the best the KDF will get is the same thing, except for all ships and characters changed to KDF versions.
    edited June 2012
    Oh look, FED content.

(Looks around for associated KDF content)

What am I doing? I already know the best the KDF will get is the same thing, except for all ships and characters changed to KDF versions.

Wow a Klingon player threadcraping with their crying , Shocker.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    *drools*

dalolorn wrote: »
    NICE! By the way, shouldn't Tholian weapons be yellow? Or was it JUST the ships?

The Tholian webs are yellow, but the weapons are actually blue.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091107031013/memoryalpha/en/images/6/63/Tholian_energy_dampening_weapon.jpg
    http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091107024732/memoryalpha/en/images/5/54/Tholian_particle_weapon.jpg
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • zigadeiczigadeic Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    maby we can get some new weps in game based on tholian tech:tongue::tongue::tongue:
    tumblr_m9xiz26mwj1rdabsoo1_r1_400.gif
  • tebsutebsu Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    eww :S would prefer more borg episodes and not some middleage culture :|
    What ? Calaway.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Them blue ships in the screenies if they are suppose to be tholians then i'm very disappointed. I was very much looking forward to tholians with true ip tholians not these new varients, specifically the top tholian lookin ship.

The bottom left one tho did look a bit more faithful but untill i see more of its profile i cant judge that one but the armor plated (like doomsday machine) one looks well naff imo.

I agree. Tholian ships are supposed to be yellow and orange, not blue and blue. Didn't watch TOS though.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • th3xr34p3rth3xr34p3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Looking forward to the mission arc keep these logs coming.
    [SIGPIC]Click to visit Subspace-Radio[/SIGPIC]
    Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
    The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Excellent storyline intro, have you thought of a short video intro as well?
    I assume that since this new sector is close to KDF space as well this is agnostic content?
    Looking forward to the release.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
    edited June 2012
    I agree. Tholian ships are supposed to be yellow and orange, not blue and blue. Didn't watch TOS though.

The ships on TOS were yellow but the ones on ENT were pretty blue
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Oh yes. Check out this one in the upper right: Tholian_web%2C_mirror_universe.jpg
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • suburbanz71suburbanz71 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Meanwhile aboard the U.S.S. Honda Odyssey, NCC-989528, Odyssey Class starship. (VA Maximus) "Number One, I just received new orders from Starfleet Command, set a course for Nukara Prime, Maximum Warp." (Number One) "Helm, set course to Nukara Prime, Warp 20, Engage." (Helm) "Aye sir."
    U.S.S. HONDA ODYSSEY NCC-170001-F-Odyssey Class
    Commanding Officer: Vice Admiral Maximus@blueamdgamer
    Dedication Plaque: "By Any Means Necessary" -Malcolm X
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Well I just hope all this wasn't done to introduce the next lockbox ship, otherwise many people here (including myself) will be very disappointed.

We're waiting for new episodes now. Don't fail us, guys. :biggrin:
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • backyardserenadebackyardserenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Well I just hope all this wasn't done to introduce the next lockbox ship, otherwise many people here (including myself) will be very disappointed.

We're waiting for new episodes now. Don't fail us, guys. :biggrin:
    Ha, maybe there's a spatial rift somewhere on this planet and Mirror Universe Tier 5 Connies will come out of it! :wink:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Sometimes you have to do things that you hate, so you can survive to fight another day."
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,151 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Glancing at it... Iconions, Tholians, New race.. new enviroments... new sector block = happy face :D
    zx2t8tuj4i10.png
    Thank you for the Typhoon!
  • nyiadnyiad Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Glancing at it... Iconions, Tholians, New race.. new enviroments... new sector block = happy face :D

We've got that before, and look how that ended up.
  • gp86gp86 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Man... i really hoped that there is a new Episode also -because this 'Under siedge' title- but i see its just another event content. When the Iconian return anyway?:frown:
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,151 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    nyiad wrote: »
    We've got that before, and look how that ended up.

Deferi arnt the Tholians :P... however.. point taken
    zx2t8tuj4i10.png
    Thank you for the Typhoon!
    edited June 2012

I watched the ENT mirror universe episodes quite recently, and I can assure you they were quite yellow. And I do believe the ENT primeverse episodes involving Tholians had yellow ships too.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I watched the ENT mirror universe episodes quite recently, and I can assure you they were quite yellow. And I do believe the ENT primeverse episodes involving Tholians had yellow ships too.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Tholian_starship_(22nd_century)

Tholian_starship_forward%2C_Future_Tense.jpg
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012

Looool, just read the wiki article before going here. Yep, I mistook the yellow glow for the ship's main color. Still, shouldn't they at least have something like that? :biggrin:

• thefastone21thefastone21 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    nice read..
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    It wasn't a false reading. There's something down there. Wright thinks that there are interspacial rifts occurring on the planet, and if he's right...gods, what a discovery!

Harness those rifts and we might be able to travel to other worlds - maybe even other realities! Other times!

Wright says that the rifts are similar to the energy produced by the Iconian gateways. He might be onto something there, but we?re going to need a lot more data before we can confirm that theory.

Hmmm, can't quite put my finger on it, but this reminds me of an MMO I've been playing for the last year and a half....what was the name of it?
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Neat blog. I look forward to an associated story mission(s)...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
    edited June 2012
    Oh yes. Check out this one in the upper right: Tholian_web%2C_mirror_universe.jpg
    Are you purposely ignoring all of the pics becasue you are trolling or becasue you are blind?
    edited June 2012
    Looool, just read the wiki article before going here. Yep, I mistook the yellow glow for the ship's main color. Still, shouldn't they at least have something like that? :biggrin:

The small ships in game look just like the ones on the show. The carrier however is new.
  • aveldraaveldra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Those ships look awesome, I can't wait to fight them. So glad to finally fight something other than the boring old Borg.
    edited June 2012
    Are you purposely ignoring all of the pics becasue you are trolling or becasue you are blind?

And are you ignoring my above post stating that I checked Memory Alpha because you are trolling or because you are blind? :P

• piwright42piwright42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Good read.

Leads to questions though.

Was that write up just to introduce the Tholians?

Is there hope of new mission content?

If there is new mission content will it be agnostic or will Cryptic go the extra mile and make the KDF versions have a more genuine KDF feel?

How long will it be before this comes to the game?

Will this be a one time deal or will you give us excuses to tune in same bat-time same bat-channel?
    If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
    They taste the same.