test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Warping Forward

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
I check in with an important note to the community.

Click here to read my post.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Lessons learned, XP earned.

Now that the dirty work is out of the way; Yes, I am looking forward to where we warp to next.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
  • Options
    meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Still waiting for the ability to change my forum name. Most other forums I frequent has this ability enabled, or has admins that are capable of changing the name for me.

Why not PW? (Betting it has to do with MONEY, and providing a service for a fee)
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • Options
    grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    What is the explanation as to WHY we were not informed PRIOR to the switch over.

Its obvious this has been planned for a some time.

Between the lockboxes, the account issues and my belief that the "Earn Zen" program is a scam at the expense of their customers, PWE has lost me as a customer for life.
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    brackynewsbrackynews Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    meurik wrote: »
    Still waiting for the ability to change my forum name. Most other forums I frequent has this ability enabled, or has admins that are capable of changing the name for me.

Why not PW? (Betting it has to do with MONEY, and providing a service for a fee)

Not sure what forums you frequent, but all the ones I do either don't allow it at all, or make it a premium feature. Don't point unnecessary fingers or we'll just call you Captain Sassypants no matter what name you have. :tongue:
    =/\= Transwarp 10.0 Victory Achieved on 26-July-2012, Six Months After F2P =/\=
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    are the issues going to be resolved?
    Are we going to get our old name back?
    Post history?
    When I go "back" on my iphone when on the forums, i get gobbly goop.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    doogie74doogie74 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Will we have an option to find our previous post like we did in the old forums?

On the CO forums I have to log in with my pwe account now but it still has my old forum name on the CO forums. Can I have my old name since i already have it in the CO forums?
  • Options
    meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    brackynews wrote: »
    Not sure what forums you frequent, but all the ones I do either don't allow it at all, or make it a premium feature. Don't point unnecessary fingers or we'll just call you Captain Sassypants no matter what name you have. :tongue:

Not that it's any business of yours, but I can say that there atleast 5-10 forums I frequent on a daily basis, all involving gaming, 3d art or Star Trek. And of those 5-10 forums, most of them allow the users to change their forum name, or in the very least, the ability to add a custom title (I.e instead of Member, it might read Formerly known as Darkthunder).

And like I said, most of those forums, also have capable admins who are friendly and helpful enough to provide a forum name change, if it's not directly enabled by the forum software.

I'm sure, if people pony up enough cash to the PW overlords, you'll see an INSTANT addition of a forum name change. Right now, the party line is "We can't change your display name", when in reality, it's a simple matter of COST and WORK. Naturally, they won't change our names FOR FREE, when they can make some extra money off of us.
    doogie74 wrote: »
    Will we have an option to find our previous post like we did in the old forums?

On the CO forums I have to log in with my pwe account now but it still has my old forum name on the CO forums. Can I have my old name since i already have it in the CO forums?

A very good point there doogie. When i'm logged in (using my Perfect World login), at the CO forums, I see my old name as Darkthunder in the forums. So the name is clearly still accessable via my login. But not usable on THESE forums (and soon won't be usable on the CO forums either).
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • Options
    dunnlangdunnlang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I can't help but think that it feels more like this than warping:

Enterprise Limps Into ESD
    [SIGPIC]Want to know more about Cryptic's hidden lottery odds and outcomes? Read my posts below.[/SIGPIC]
    Lock Boxes: The true value - (thread link)
    Jem'Hadar Bug Odds - (thread link)
    Galor Creation Rate - (thread link)
    Find me in TSW - TSW Chronicle Profile
  • Options
    aegon1iceaegon1ice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    See my comment on the article.
  • Options
    stargate525stargate525 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    You know what would have been really great about that post? An apology.

"We're sorry we didn't give you advance notice about the change" would have been enough. As it stands, this comes off as a little petulant, 'we've learned our lesson and are changing it, but we're not going to say anything to the people we burned.'
  • Options
    arkatrixarkatrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Not enough. This is like a slap in the face! Oh BTW thanks for your feedback, we'll take note for CO. Really??? Uhmm this is STO. I don't care about CO. I don't play it; what I care about is the fact that no one could have used the foresight to make sure people would not lose something as important as their identities.

Just give me back my account/forum name of 2 years! That is all. :mad::mad::mad:!!!

Really how you've treated paying costumers is unbelievable! How can anyone deem it ok to make such drastic changes without informing the community I have no idea!
  • Options
    pogmahone70pogmahone70 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Should have used the NWN forums for your test and not a game that is being played.
    Divine Protectorate Gaming
    STO Beta Tester and Original Cryptic user
  • Options
    o4q123o4q123 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm surprised PWE didn't incorporate the the Cryptic forum system into their others as it was more advanced than this one.
  • Options
    kobayashlmarukobayashlmaru Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The real issue here is that the new forums are far less personable than they used to be. Forcing people to change their names, lose their avatars, and (for those who had them) see their prize threads now lead by "Archived Post" feels like you took away their identity.
    Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
  • Options
    superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Shouldn't this little fact be on "Champions Online" home page? (Just checked.) And you guys REALLY need to make it more clear about the reserved name thing, if it is in fact accurate.

And thanks for the whole non-apology, apology.
  • Options
    bossbltbossblt Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Alright already...I merged accounts

Why Can't the log in screen remember my new name?

It remembers the old one.

Make it merge also. :eek:
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    To the very least, a redirect from the old site to the new site should have been established. People have been able to do that for, what, almost two decades now? Also, the automatic altering of the poster name is ridiculous, my account name is still acknowledged as "whamhammer" on the PW account, but it can't translate that over for the forum name? This shouldnt have been this hard guys :mad:
  • Options
    grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    You know what would have been really great about that post? An apology.

"We're sorry we didn't give you advance notice about the change" would have been enough. As it stands, this comes off as a little petulant, 'we've learned our lesson and are changing it, but we're not going to say anything to the people we burned.'

well.... this has been in preparation for at least a month if not longer.

Someone, somewhere made a decision that we would NOT be told. It wasnt an Opps, it wasnt an oversight, it was a premeditated plan of action. Thats what bugs me. I can deal with forum change, losing images I only had saved to my crptic account, losing the name Ive had for YEARS and even having my credit card info floating around god knows where. What I cant deal with is INTENTIONALLY being jerked around purposefully.

Its no wonder Devs are dropping right and left. I cant stand being a PWE customer. Cant imagine what it must be like to work for them and be associated with their low rent corp culture.
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Title should say "Warping Backward."

Forum blunders, transition blunders, devs leaving, a very angry community treated like lab rats seeing how much bull we can put up with. There is no bright future for this game if nonsense like this keeps happening.

This I.P. deserves much more than it's getting, yet you (Cryptic and PWE) continue to treat it and its community like garbage.
  • Options
    rickroorickroo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I check in with an important note to the community.

Click here to read my post.

hey why cant we chose the size of the tool bar and not have just two when i only use the first line in the space missions.
  • Options
    darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited June 2012
    So, champs means more to Cryptic than STO? Must do because they are getting a heads up while got the proverbial single finger salute!

You keep out doing your incompetence with every stupid decision you make....
  • Options
    armandsorronoarmandsorrono Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    darkenzedd wrote: »
    So, champs means more to Cryptic than STO? Must do because they are getting a heads up while got the proverbial single finger salute!

You keep out doing your incompetence with every stupid decision you make....

:mad:
    Well Cryptic you have failed yet again...

For two years you have made promises, said this or that was being worked on to be added in the future.

And failed time and time again. This time was the one that has and is running off your PAYING CUSTOMERS!

When are your overlords going to get a CLUE.

The Star Trek FanBase that makes up a vast majority of the players of STO is pissed off at this UNANNOUNCED forum change.

And you post a meaningless apology that was probably scripted by your PWE overlords across the sea.

I for one will not spend one more dime on a PWE controlled game EVER!
    Because the community here is not listened to if anything we are ignored by Cryptic and PWE. Especially when we voice our concerns and complaints..
    Original join date 11-2010
    Crash test tribble
    1000 day veteran reward
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,648 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Meh. I was confused and aggravated the first few days of the account/forum merger. I was mostly surprised at how much functionality was missing when the forum came back up. I'm over it at this point. But I do wish PWE had given Brandon more solid support before, during and after these mergers.

• Helm. Warp 9.98. Engage!
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    All right. At the end of the day, the web site and the forum are small beans. This forum isn't as good as the old one, but its faults are a minor annoyance at worst.

The game is the same as it was a week ago.
  • Options
    rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Nice opening post Bran!

What we really need is a "How To" make the accounts of people who avidly play the game, and have numerous level capped captains be seen by PW as having played the game at all.
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• Options
    degaiusdegaius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    What I'm missing in this post is a simple apology. Why not include "We messed up. We should have informed you upfront. We're sorry." Instead we get a "Well, at least the CO-Players get informed upfront. Hurray." Sorry, but this isn't going to cut it.
  • Options
    felsparfelspar Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    No advance warning of these changes was unforgivable! :frown:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Join Date: July 2008

"The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't."
  • Options
    rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I don't expect an apology for the change. It is a good idea to bring Cryptic customers into the wider PW universe, and increase the patronage into their other titles.

What I do expect is that if PW wants for Cryptic users to take advantage to their "Do You Like Free Zen" offers, that they make those offers available to Cryptic users. They do not, and it makes absolutely no sense.

Actually I can get all the free zen that I want by parking myself on a zafu.
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• Options
    karmapointkarmapoint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    One thing is Bran and the Crypt send a word of apology and a list of useful topics about the recent problems. Other is to forget to give a clear warning about the changes.

Ok, the change is good in the future but s*h*t happens all time and gived to me and my friends a great negative image about PW and Crypt.

The whole incident is irresponsible to make a big change like the whole forum and account link without a clear and directly word of warning. The damage in the forum is great and everyone have at least one or two "epic" tales about problems after the account link

Because this, I can't have the right choice to choose and place correctly my own account name, my own forum name and I have a hard time to handle with the PW support to get some clear and direct answers, and only say is "sorry, I can't change".

I spend a lot of c-points collecting ships and other STO stuff because I really love the game and enjoy to collect ships. But after this whole incident, is hard to have trust about the good will of the PW and Crypt support after the damage.

Is hard to talk directly about your account the problems with the PW support and every time in the PW support your only get a coldy "No change" or have to wait two or more days for a reply.

In a mid or long terms, The Crypt/PW staff can "correct" the forum, but the other problems? No word about them.

This in turn provides a better experience to our players, including more features and benefits that can and will be introduced.

Ok, is easy to say this with the season 6 in the next or in another month, but this really worth?

At least, give something as compensation about all problems. Not asking for a ridiculus reward pack like the account link reward.

I ask something to compensate all time I spend after a decent help in the STO forum and in the PW support, without any clear instruction or signal of any decent change to correct the whole mess this forum change and account link done.

I ask something to show any respect for all loses and problems I and my friends have, not a empty promisse like "Wait a little, season 6 are close and this can make your forget our own mess... Starbases *shine shine*".

I ask something to show a real apology, want at least something close to a real apology. I can play Rusty Hearts, Perfect World, Torchlight, Forsaken World or any other titles of PW, but for a unknow reason, only STO make this whole mess. I have problems with the other games in the past and after some time are resolved, but nothing in this level like STO, making this amount of negative image and amount of stress and unwanted problems.

Please, if want to begin with the right step, at least the Crypt/PW have to say "sorry about all mistakes we done."

No one gived a offical, decent, directly, responsible and a human explanation about why we were not warned or informed in advance, to avoid at least a great part of the problems.

No one gived a clear and directy word of apology. Only a mid-term explanation about the future and about how the feedback is important.

If after this whole mess, Crypt/PW can't have any good will to correct or fix a lot of small to big problems, have at least be humble to admit your own fault and try to compensate in some way.

Nothing personal, Brandon, this is related about PW/Crypt and all problems and negative image I have now. I know you have your work and sometimes is not easy to handle with this. You have my respect, but PW/Crypt not.
    Brasilis Elite Squad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PW/Crypt can't make more KDF Content?
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Very glad to see the Ferasan changing its stripes, even if it's a bit late for the STO community this time around.

Thanks for reaching out, Brandon!

I know you can't give advance notice of everything, and may not even be aware of things going on in the shadowy recesses of the galaxy (Curse you, Iconians!), but every bit helps.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek