test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

lag and rubber banding

Anyone else having problems with this since the 'maintenance'? I have never seen lag this bad on this game. All my other games are working fine, so I know it is not my internet.
Vice Admiral Ross
and others too numerous to name...
Post edited by ericandrewross on

Comments

• spectre80spectre80 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    lagging like a mother****er and keep getting kicked out of server....
  • sharyssasharyssa Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    spectre80 wrote: »
    lagging Like A Mother****er And Keep Getting Kicked Out Of Server....

^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^...this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • th3xr34p3rth3xr34p3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Please check to see if your AV firewall has not set the sto gameclient.exe to outgoing connection if there is an option under the settings for your AV.

Sometimes after a patch I have to go into mine and make sure the gameclient and launcher have full access through the firewall.
    [SIGPIC]Click to visit Subspace-Radio[/SIGPIC]
    Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
    The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
  • darkdeity20xxdarkdeity20xx Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    After the link, I have to agree that there has been a tremendous amount of lag. I am also getting kicked off the bloody game consistently. I have checked my FW and STO isn't being blocked. Additionally, every other process on my computer is working at 110% so I know its this stupid linking of accounts thing.

I have played Star Trek Online since it came out and have never complained about anything on the forums. This nonsense of the linking accounts, however, has really pissed me off.

The process was anything but painless and after about an hour of being successful - I have to deal with getting kicked off the server. I hope no one else has to endure this complete bullsh** I have had to since the latest unwelcomed update.

I don't care how they do it - but Perfect World better fix it. They can spend a lot of time and effort making changes without notifying us? Then they can get back behind their little desks and work for the money all of us have put into giving them for those stupid lock boxes and those other idiotic Gama Quadrant Duty Officer pack.

I, like so many others, have put money into this game. I am not paying for this to be stupid. Fix it.

-- Dark Deity
  • macollins1981macollins1981 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    i just hope wen i get bk on that most of the issua will be fix b4 i come back like MORE CONTENT STF'S :( . i stop playing 4 awall in the hops that it be be a little more new to me but some games dot and thats how that die but u no
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Anyone else having problems with this since the 'maintenance'? I have never seen lag this bad on this game. All my other games are working fine, so I know it is not my internet.
    Now I've been playing STO this week, and the only issue I've had is the slow loading of ESD and DS9 during peak use hours...

Your issue is probably your Internet connection. STO is much more network intensive then other MMRPG and is more likely to have 'deficiencies' show up in your Internet connection. The past few months, there has been some 'issues' as the ISP and Backbone carriers upgrade their equipment for IPv6 support. About the only thing you can really do is to contact your ISP and complain, so that they know they have a problem and do something to correct it.
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    th3xr34p3r wrote: »
    Please check to see if your AV firewall has not set the sto gameclient.exe to outgoing connection if there is an option under the settings for your AV.

Sometimes after a patch I have to go into mine and make sure the gameclient and launcher have full access through the firewall.

I have a 120mbps internet connection and 66ms ping (that's because I live in Europe) .same with a firewall or AV or without them.I know its easy to blame the user but maybe when more than one person is saying "I'm getting kicked out of the game" its not the user's fault.
  • dongswaggerdongswagger Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2012
    TO EVERYONE CLAIMING IT IS A CONNECTION PROBLEM:

It is not. I have an account that works perfectly fine and no rubber-banding, yet when I use a newer character, it tends to bounce around A LOT.

I believe this has to do with setting up new data packets to the new servers, which are either overseas or across the country.

This isn't a connection problem on the user-side. This is a problem on the Cryptic/PWE side.
  • ericandrewrossericandrewross Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    but apparently it is a problem PWE does not care about.
    Vice Admiral Ross
    and others too numerous to name...
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I am finally able to stay connected now, after I did the following:
    1. Uninstall STO from Steam
    2. Re-install STO independently, using the original Atari DVD-ROM and letting the launcher install the current version
    3. On my STO shortcut, check the "run as Administrator" checkbox
    4. Set up Windows Firewall rules to allow both the launcher and GameClient through ports 80, 443, and 7000-7500