test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Request: New fourms

2»

Comments

• nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Don't like it, don't post. That's the general answer you'll get from any PWE member. This change is to get STO in uniform with the other PWE websites.

Why then is there little uniformity between the sig rules of various PW's game's forums?

For example,

- Forsaken World & Jade Dynasty Forum users are allowed 500 x 200 px, 100 px more than us!
    - Forsaken World, Rusty Hearts * Blacklight Ret. Forum users have access to BASIC BB and Color BB in sigs too! Thats bold, italics and colors etc. We don't!
    - Forsaken World nor Blacklight Forum users can't upload GIFs to sigs. We can! lol

And this really grinds my teeth...

- Jade Dynasty Forum users are allowed Basic BB, Color BB, Size BB, Link BB, Image BB and HTML BB!

I could go on further, but its quite clear that there IS NO UNIFORMITY between PW game forums in this regard, and unlike other titles that have had their PW forums longer than us, WE ARE CLEARLY GETTING THE SHORT END OF THE STICK.

I'd really like Brandon to address what the reasoning is behind the decisions to turn on/off such functions (when he gets a chance and a sip of coffee lol).
  • ashleyaddictionashleyaddiction Member Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    woghd wrote: »
    We spent YEARS tweaking the old forums to get them just the way we wanted them, tweaks like removing the post count...
    All of those little adjustments are GONE now. GONE.
    Don't you care?

Why does it have to be uniform? Why is that important?
    Customer satisfaction is what SHOULD be important.

The forums were the ONE thing that nobody ever complained about.

"Don't like it, don't post"? What a great attitude.

Not particularly, no. I've asked some of the other PWE forum mods, including my old mod partner in Rusty Hearts, we all like the change, but once again, it's probably because we're used to PWE's design styles.

It's the way it is with free to play, check out some of the competition (which I can't name, quick Google search for "f2p" should help), all their sites follow the same design style. It's just one of those things.

And that attitude isn't mine, I don't normally post that unless people are having entitlement issues, but that is the general attitude to whiners on PWE forums.
  • zzomb1zzomb1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I miss my old forum name wich was same as my chracter handle, this one stinks :<
  • ashleyaddictionashleyaddiction Member Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    nynik wrote: »
    Why then is there little uniformity between the sig rules of various PW's game's forums?

For example,

- Forsaken World & Jade Dynasty Forum users are allowed 500 x 200 px, 100 px more than us!
    - Forsaken World, Rusty Hearts * Blacklight Ret. Forum users have access to BASIC BB and Color BB in sigs too! Thats bold, italics and colors etc. We don't!
    - Forsaken World nor Blacklight Forum users can't upload GIFs to sigs. We can! lol

And this really grinds my teeth...

- Jade Dynasty Forum users are allowed Basic BB, Color BB, Size BB, Link BB, Image BB and HTML BB!

I could go on further, but its quite clear that there IS NO UNIFORMITY between PW game forums in this regard, and unlike other titles that have had their PW forums longer than us, WE ARE CLEARLY GETTING THE SHORT END OF THE STICK.

I'd really like Brandon to address what the reasoning is behind the decisions to turn on/off such functions (when he gets a chance and a sip of coffee lol).

I was actually talking about the basic functionality and forum design. Those little "tweaks" (if you can really call them that) are down to the community manager and the techies at the time. I can tell you now, JD players can't post HTML, that's just silly. Also, FW and JD's signature sizes come from a long long time ago, they just carried over with new designs, the FW forums were actually a copy of JD's, just cleaned and redesigned.