test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Well this is new.....

centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
Welp... the forums have been changed around considerably.... Not sure if that's a good thing though. Yeah, the white on black post box doesn't do much for me....
Post edited by centersolace on

Comments

• Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Considering we cant edit any of our old posts, I'd say its pretty terrible. Unless they give us editing power back in a reasonable amount of time we'll simply have to repost all of our old posts and threads again.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    jam062307jam062307 Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Lets not forget our new LACK of customization to our signatures and forum avatars. This is absolutely horrible
    STOP THE
    tacofangs wrote: »
    We planned on doing it next weekend, but then we saw your post and were like, "Dude, we should totally move that up a week! Tee Hee!"
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited June 2012
    Considering we cant edit any of our old posts, I'd say its pretty terrible. Unless they give us editing power back in a reasonable amount of time we'll simply have to repost all of our old posts and threads again.

Unfortunately, there is going to be no way to go back and edit old posts. :frown:

We worked on a solution to be able to do this, and thought we had it nailed down, but it actually caused a security concern that we could not let go live. I'm terribly sorry, and am in the same boat as I have my "Star Trek: The Journey" thread that I update daily.

The good news is I was able to punt the bear smilies (as seen on Neverwinter's forums) for traditional forum smilies :biggrin:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    jam062307 wrote: »
    Lets not forget our new LACK of customization to our signatures and forum avatars. This is absolutely horrible

You can still edit signatures (it's in the "User CP" menu) but avatars are no longer custom.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Unfortunately, there is going to be no way to go back and edit old posts. :frown:

We worked on a solution to be able to do this, and thought we had it nailed down, but it actually caused a security concern that we could not let go live. I'm terribly sorry, and am in the same boat as I have my "Star Trek: The Journey" thread that I update daily.

The good news is I was able to punt the bear smilies (as seen on Neverwinter's forums) for traditional forum smilies :biggrin:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

If this is the case then people can start reposting all of their old threads?

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    behold the avatar work around
  • Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Thank goodness for small mercies.
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    You can still edit signatures (it's in the "User CP" menu) but avatars are no longer custom.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

For those of us that had to link accounts to post, how about getting us back our old forum names because this isn't mine. Wolfpack-NZ is my STO name and I want it back thank you. :mad:

Not to mention it now says PW User to my left her and not my Cryptic rank or member status which is gold and always has been.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    so how do we change to our Blue named LTS and carreer officer titles?

and some people have different avatars, how?
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • Options
    amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited June 2012

We worked on a solution to be able to do this, and thought we had it nailed down, but it actually caused a security concern that we could not let go live.

Youre telling me your database was the bloody insecure? Ive been through forum changes several times, on severl different forum systems, and not one have the admins ever had to restart the whole thing and were able to let users keep their old usernames, signatures, post counts and the ability ro edit all the posts from before the switch... get it together guys... the switch should have never happened until it was possible...
    7NGGeUP.png

• Options
    edited June 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

WHADDAYA MEAN NO MORE CUSTOM AVATARS!?!?!? This isn't 1999! That's standard forum equipment! Our uniqueness! My scantily-clad women! Horty's self portrait! Roaches Hair! Naugus' Naugus! What will we do with out them?!?! :eek:
  • Options
    koppenflakkoppenflak Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    My first words in the new era:

YOU MANIACS! YOU BLEW IT UP! :tongue:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zakhatesyouzakhatesyou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hope they're paying you a decent salary, Brandon. This isn't gonna go down well. :eek:
  • Options
    speedofheatspeedofheat Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    WHADDAYA MEAN NO MORE CUSTOM AVATARS!?!?!? This isn't 1999! That's standard forum equipment! Our uniqueness! My scantily-clad women! Horty's self portrait! Roaches Hair! Naugus' Naugus! What will we do with out them?!?! :eek:

I have to agree, this is archiac..
    y3m-yM6W2jBAA7NpYi95PewTOHD9vSNpFGl3huKvuKsGif7jH9lBSYRtnx-AxOUzQw00u0SrjnMeAt0McFsPmCC2FoawxgX3ZON4Ork7H39MCRYsgBUn0QYSADDqYpB6wB5twq-_jNOp7AdrNeItQjiXChE9kwGvBsqc-vTz7oj3YM?width=660&height=198&cropmode=none
  • Options
    kanecabalkanecabal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Click on "Edit your Avatar" and at the very bottom it says "Lifetime Title?" Choose Yes and boom done.
    Lifetime - Joined 2008 - U.S.S. Kilimanjaro - Inner Circle
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    koppenflak wrote: »
    My first words in the new era:

YOU MANIACS! YOU BLEW IT UP! :tongue:

Oh they did worse than that....
    ............................................________
    ....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
    .............................,.-"..................................."-.,
    .........................,/...............................................":,
    .....................,?......................................................,
    .................../...........................................................,}
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}
    .............../...................................................,:"........./
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
    ............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
    ..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
    ...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
    ...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
    ............/.`~,......`-...................................../
    .............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
    .....`=~-,__......`,.................................
    ...................`=~-,,.,...............................
    ................................`:,,...........................`..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_..........._,-%.......`
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Youre telling me your database was the bloody insecure? Ive been through forum changes several times, on severl different forum systems, and not one have the admins ever had to restart the whole thing and were able to let users keep their old usernames, signatures, post counts and the ability ro edit all the posts from before the switch... get it together guys... the switch should have never happened until it was possible...

No, that's not what I said/meant :) Let me rephrase it: We tried to make it so that that we could transfer over old posts and keep the names attached to the posts, but doing so would have presented a security concern in regards to the name that was displayed. So, we couldn't. There was nothing insecure about the database.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    hate the changes to the forums.
    hate that having to create a PW account has left me unable to log into the game at all.
    This , just plain sucks
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    No, that's not what I said/meant :) Let me rephrase it: We tried to make it so that that we could transfer over old posts and keep the names attached to the posts, but doing so would have presented a security concern in regards to the name that was displayed. So, we couldn't. There was nothing insecure about the database.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I want my handle back as my forum name, it's how we recognise whos posting what, very simple equation really.

And I don't know who designed this forum, but they need a serious slapping, the quote/edit/reply buttons have a nasty white border around them making them look cheap, tacky, poory edited and look like a forum put together by a novice half way through high school...

At least Cryptics boards looks smart, finished, presentable...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    wolfpacknz wrote: »
    I want my handle back as my forum name, it's how we recognise whos posting what, very simple equation really.

And I don't know who designed this forum, but they need a serious slapping, the quote/edit/reply buttons have a nasty white border around them making them look cheap, tacky, poory edited and look like a forum put together by a novice half way through high school...

At least Cryptics boards looks smart, finished, presentable...

...functional...
  • Options
    darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    kanecabal wrote: »
    Click on "Edit your Avatar" and at the very bottom it says "Lifetime Title?" Choose Yes and boom done.

Thank you!
    more characters*
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Here's another wonderful thing, In our PWE Profile *Cough* it has a page for guild and characters but guess what, Theres no STO content there, well done another brilliant oversite brought to you to day by the letters P W E and the number 7
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    If this is the case then people can start reposting all of their old threads?

Oh, the Grand Nagus appears to have the same problem that I do. Damn display name stealers.. :(
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    greatbritongreatbriton Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    kanecabal wrote: »

I must be completely blind, but I can't see the option... Are you going via the 'Edit your Avatar' at the top of the boards?
    Klingon-RomulanAlliance7a_zps2aa8171d.png
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Yes they are, and I'm assuming only Liftime subs get that option, those of us who pay regularly for our subscriptions don't warrant enough to be considered the supreme honour of having our member status there, we're just s... on the bottom of PWE's shoes to be wiped off...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
  • Options
    meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'd like to get my forum username back as well, or atleast allow us to change "display name". Before the forced merging, I was Darkthunder. Now i'm stuck with the PWE name I chose long before Cryptic got bought by PWE.
    wolfpacknz wrote: »
    Here's another wonderful thing, In our PWE Profile *Cough* it has a page for guild and characters but guess what, Theres no STO content there, well done another brilliant oversite brought to you to day by the letters P W E and the number 7

Quite true. I can't see any of my STO characters on this new system, and I can't see my current C-Point balance, or a simple method to buy more (if needed)
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • Options
    eradikitteneradikitten Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I also dislike this. I do have to wonder, though, if this change isn't part of the reason I haven't been able to use steam overlay to buy cryptic points in over a month?
  • Options
    mikeward1701mikeward1701 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Well this is a great steaming pile of targ ****!

> Came to the site to log in,
    > Used Cryptic creds,
    > Was asked if I had a PWE account I chose No,
    > Was taken back to the homepage/registration page with some details already filled in,
    > Filled in the blanks and hit register,
    > Was then shown page congratulating me on linking accounts

It DID NOT state the PWE account I was about to create would be auto-linked! :mad:

The page and process gave the impression that I was being asked to create a separate PWE account, which I would be able to manually choose to link at a later time!

Can linked Cryptic-PWE accounts be Un-Linked? If so how do I go about doing this? :confused:

And to top it off the forums are completely f****d!
    > The design has too much empty space
    > No custom avatars
    > No advanced forum options, such as changing the number of posts displayed per page.
    > Bulleted lists don't work (even using the bullet character [Alt]+[0]+[1]+[4]+[9] doesn't)
    > All my subscribed threads are now GONE :mad:

Whoever thought this was a good idea needs taking out back and... well I can't say what as its against PWE rules, but I'm sure you get the idea.

The news keeps on getting better, now found out that we no longer have access to mail out-of-game, and no friends lit access out of game either!

You're turnin this into one lousy day for me PWE-CRYpTIC! :mad:
    Fleet Admiral Ward
    Commander, Starfleet Corps of Engineers • 7th Fleet
    Commanding Officer, U.S.S. HEART OF OAK • NX-1759-B • Odyssey class Star Cruiser ( Lexington Tactical Configuration)
    )
    (Steam - feel free to follow/friend me : )
  • Options
    eurekamarueurekamaru Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Makes me wonder what the Vet reward Exclusive Forum Title will be. "Gullible Fool"?

:mad: