What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fleets Unite - Bringing attention to Fleet development

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Q: James_Bailey: The last two big updates have made fabulous leaps for both Klingon play and ground actions. (Thank you) Will we now see a push to advance the benefits and organization of fleets and the advancement of Starbases for fleet interaction and functionality?

A: This is at or near the top of the System team’s priority list for Season 5. We want to introduce Fleet gameplay along with the ability to manage Starbases. It is a big undertaking, so no ETA on when that work will start or finish yet.

It is a good start! :)
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Not sure if this has been brought up before, but something I'd like to see added in Season 5 is the ability to block players from a fleet. I've had a few players in the past try to rob my fleet and I know it's happened to others as well. It would be nice to be able to block someone from joining that I know tried to steal from another fleet.

Thoughts?
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    I agree. There are some individuals that join a fleet just to rob the goodies from the fleet bank and leave. I know our fleet was not the only one that became a victim to these individuals. In a sense a it ruins a fleet integrity if they cannot get the word out to other fleets of these individuals and their actions. So then next time we recruit a player should we examine their carfax before accepting their application or allow them to join in good faith and hope for the best. I guess I should say player fax as opposed to carfax. Consider this, how many fleet leaders will, out of rage or anger, blacklist a player for personal reasons? The vice a versa is true how many players will lie about their actions in other fleets? This is a very complicated issue that requires a great deal of foresight and planinng. We want more players in STO and we want those kind of players with a sense of integrity. Has anyone seen the zone chat at ESD lately? I know a lot of people are joking around but it does make you wonder. Let's not forget about the Free-to-Play either. Now more than ever fleet development has become a crucial element in the game's evolution.
    If people want to join our fleet I always give them the link to our website to ensure that we are a good fit for them and vice a versa. I also place some security measures on the fleet bank as a safe guard as well. An application and interview process is also under consideration. Suffice it to say that a great deal of this responsibility lies within the fleet leaders and its staff because in the end there is no real protection.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Fleet Leader T'Mir here on behalf of Starfleet Hazard Ops, showing our support for this initiative.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    @Mestopholes for the Order of the Black flag.

You have our support as well
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Starfleet Liberty Force is supporting this request as well with our fellow fleets.

Starfleet Liberty Force XO

Thanks
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Hey guys.

Sorry for not having updated this in a few days. Been quite busy. I will get your names on the list, and then see if I can draw some attention here.

The list is fairly long, and I belive we are now strong enough to voice our opinions. But keep em coming.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Please add Entomology and Pestilence to your list of fleets that support fleet development.

Fleets just have been ignored in this game and the social aspect of joining a fleet and taking pride in it has been denied to this games player base.

Sadly some of the fastest growing fleets in the game today are doing so by directing their players towards fast levelling UGC missions rather than by encouraging friendships and fleet interaction. I belive this is short sighted and unwarranted but warnings in the past by this board poster of the UGC being used for exploits went unheeded. Its almost a disadvantage now to have a fleet that doesnt use the exploits.

Things that will put fleets back on course would include:

Fleet Halls with Fleet Trophy Stands.

Your fleet wins 10000 pvp matches with a full 5 man teams with your fleet name displayed proudly on each player then you get a PVP master trophy to display in your fleet hall. If your fleet has 100 Ambassador rated members in it then you earn a Diplomacy trophy to put on a trophy stand in your fleet hall. Fleet Halls should have an entry hall where you can invite prospective players, rival fleets and loners to show off your fleet trophies and also custom designable secure fleet rooms where you can hold meetings, access the exchange in private, and socialize together.

There needs to be craftable fleet equipment. And it needs to range from bottom rank to highest rank. Fleet leaders should get to wear nicer fleet gear than lower level members. Fleet leaders desperately need rewards they can hand out to active members. You get promoted from rank 6 to rank 5 well cool here is a piecde of eq that you can wear with pride. Its easy to do and easy to put in the game. Let a fleet leader design a power console that gives +4 power to weapons and +4 power to shields. Its different than other consoles - not overpoweringly better - and it gives the leader a tool to use to entice loners to join a fleet. Cryptic could easily cut traits in half on every console - Let Leaders design ia unique console with 2 traits and then use a restring rename function to name it as they see fit. Bobs fleet could call their unique console Bobs Super Hull Buff console. Fleet leaders NEED to be able to hand out rewards to fleet players who contribute to their fleets. Fleet crafting needs to be in place. Fleet bridge officer skills need to be trainable in fleet halls. And Fleet uniforms should be designable and buildable by fleet leaders and they should have UGC uniquess to them. It amazes me that we have a UGC where people can build entire missions and we dont have a fleet uniform designer for fleet leaders to design unique uniforms for their fleet. We dont have unique fleet crafting. We dont have unique fleet abilities/bridge officer skills.

Fleets are absolutely desperate for more customization to differentiate themselves from every other fleet out there.

Also Im a big proponent of a fleet vs fleet challenge system in pvp and in fleet actions. The challenge system sort of works but it would be very fun to have an invite screen where you form a team and then invite a rival fleet to a challenge. It would even be an easy code for a fleet team to form up a team of 5 and then enter a fleet vs fleet Queue so that you can play a top fleet in pvp rather than pug teams.

As always more needs to be done and Entomology and our Klingon side fleet Pestilence are willing and eager to support the cause lend helping hands and ideas to accelerate the process

If any loners out there would like to join us and become involved in promoting the effort then pleasee use cryptic mail to drop me a not @bugshu.

Happy Gaming All,

Bugshu
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Bugshu wrote: »
    Please add Entomology and Pestilence to your list of fleets that support fleet development....

Bugshu

Wich is KDF, and wich is Fed?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    The Presidium manly focus on there members and then PVP comes next we will be happy to assist
    Leaders @TeCkNiEk @Vortex28 @RYANEMURRAY @shaboobin @SuperMegaWarDog
    Have an idea about an Account Bank.
    The Account Bank is a bank that should cost about 500 CP and it will let you transpher Bounds items Dilithnum and EC and as much of it as you want and this is per account so you can transpher as much as u want and also about letting us buy like an extra 5 tabs for like 200 CP Each and u start out with 5 tabs
    when u buy it.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    You have the support of the 88th Fleet.

If the new crafting changes make it to holodeck they need to make a depository for refined dilithium in the fleet bank. Hopefully the dilithium requirement for crafting will be removed.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Entomology is Fed
    Pestilence is KDF
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    The Presidium manly focus on there members and then PVP comes next we will be happy to assist
    The Account Bank is a bank that should cost about 500 CP and it will let you transpher Bounds items Dilithnum and EC and as much of it as you want and this is per account so you can transpher as much as u want and also about letting us buy like an extra 5 tabs for like 200 CP Each and u start out with 5 tabs
    when u buy it.

A better solution would be if we would get the same type of account bank as Champions have. But that both can be expanded with more slots from the C-Store. In Champions you start with 20 tabs.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    when u buy it.

A Fleet Bank that costs Cryptic Points? So long as you pay for every Fleet out there, I'll approve of your idea... otherwise it doesn't make any sense.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    DerekSlide wrote:
    A Fleet Bank that costs Cryptic Points? So long as you pay for every Fleet out there, I'll approve of your idea... otherwise it doesn't make any sense.

I geuss this depends on the Fleet leaders / fleet members dedication... However C-Points should never be the only solution.

I will very shortly be updating the main posts to reflect the upcoming changes currently on tribble...
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Besides delithiam they have talked about the possibility of another way to build up the spacestations and features. Fleet missions, fleet action points, there are lots of ways to do this without currency and promote the Fleet working together.

The C-Store optin is nice but I think that anazonda is right-on-the-money that " C-Points should never be the only solution"
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Their desperately needs to be some sort of fleet tool tutorial, it's so often I've had to explain where to get to the fleet events, how to join a event, how to post a event. You get the idea.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    After almost a year of casually looking for a decent fleet I can tell you if there is one that has any people who are trustworthy, have integrity, and the fleet members share common goal(s). Then I would like to know because usually all I ever come across are scammers, people needing others to boss around, or trolls looking to get their jollies off by giving other players misleading information. I do not think cryptic can have a hope of developing better fleet standards without players that can conduct themselves in a mature fashion.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Zeuxidemus wrote:
    After almost a year of casually looking for a decent fleet I can tell you if there is one that has any people who are trustworthy, have integrity, and the fleet members share common goal(s). Then I would like to know because usually all I ever come across are scammers, people needing others to boss around, or trolls looking to get their jollies off by giving other players misleading information. I do not think cryptic can have a hope of developing better fleet standards without players that can conduct themselves in a mature fashion.

While this is not quite the correct place for such a question, I belive that pretty much all the fleets on the list here are fleets that are trustworthy, in my expirience.

My own fleet is based mostly on the social aspect of fleets, and we mainly let people play the way they like (although we expell people who we get complaints about, or we can confirm robs other banks without warning). We stick together becasue we like eachothers company, and so that we have familiar faces to run missions with, and while I am fleet LEADER in my fleet, I rarely tell people what to do when and how... I think of myself more as an administrator, and so do my officers.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Gurga wrote:
    Their desperately needs to be some sort of fleet tool tutorial, it's so often I've had to explain where to get to the fleet events, how to join a event, how to post a event. You get the idea.

I hear you!! It would be nice if they could add more features that we could choose to use or not. Like a basic setup and an advanced button. And some sort of Tell where you could add fleet events without having to go into the calendar for fleet events.
    Zeuxidemus wrote:
    After almost a year of casually looking for a decent fleet I can tell you if there is one that has any people who are trustworthy, have integrity, and the fleet members share common goal(s). Then I would like to know because usually all I ever come across are scammers, people needing others to boss around, or trolls looking to get their jollies off by giving other players misleading information.

Here is the link to the Fleet Administrative Station where you can read up on fleets and the kind of fleet that they are. There are a lot of good ones out there made up of real people that are looking for the same thing as you. Just find one that suites what you are looking for. Much luck!
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can speak for 2 fleets.

7th Imperial Fleet and the Orion Slavegirl Syndicate. Both of which i am the leader of. i will speak to the Fleet Commander for the Trust fleet and see what he says.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    53. TMT Fleet & House of T'Mt (@simale)

is now

53. Mattachine Fleet & House (@Simale)
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Simale wrote:
    Well this is last I checked STO was a Massively Multiplayer Online game. Not a Massively Singleplayer Online game.

Organizing players in to fleets is a good thing, it creates bonds and personal relations that even goes outside of the game. So, Fleets are very important. Focusing more on them would benefit what I think would be a majority of the players in the game.

It's somewhere in between those two extremes. STO is not single player, but it's also not designed to support gatherings of hundreds of players in one spot, which the inevitable creation of mega fleets and fleet housing would bring.

STO is far from the first game to come up with demands for player housing. It does have some unique complications given that most of the time the players are in the form of fricking big starships. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    LazarX wrote:
    It's somewhere in between those two extremes. STO is not single player, but it's also not designed to support gatherings of hundreds of players in one spot, which the inevitable creation of mega fleets and fleet housing would bring.
    I think even allowing 15-30 people gathered in one spacestation at one time would be just fine! I have been in a couple of fleets and I have never seen more than 20 people on at one given time. The SUPER fleets may have up to 500 people in them but they are usually divided into departments or divisions at that point. I think that in a social setting more than 30 people in one spacestation instance would work just fine :)
    What would be great would be that our fleet members (when not online) should be walking the corridors or we should be able to choose a spot or location for us to be when we are not logged into the game. That would be fun to have all of your alts in one place at the same time.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I just stumbled upon this thread. AMAZING Suggestions !! I am Fleet Leader (@Scott.A.Price) for both The 3rd Polarianis Tactical Fleet (FED) and The Targs of Kahless (IKS) and both of the Fleets support these initiatives. I have not been able to read the entire thread but I have cruised through from the beginning and I agree with practically everything captured in the summary. Great job, all.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Would some of the people who have added me to their freindlist mind kicking me in the polygons next time I am online... I need to get this updated now. Work is just a bad place to do so ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I just stumbled upon this thread. AMAZING Suggestions !! I am Fleet Leader (@Scott.A.Price) for both The 3rd Polarianis Tactical Fleet (FED) and The Targs of Kahless (IKS) and both of the Fleets support these initiatives. I have not been able to read the entire thread but I have cruised through from the beginning and I agree with practically everything captured in the summary. Great job, all.
    You can save your time by just reading my posts and skimming the others ;)
    anazonda wrote: »
    Would some of the people who have added me to their freindlist mind kicking me in the polygons next time I am online... I need to get this updated now. Work is just a bad place to do so ;)
    You have started a good thing here and I feel that season 6 will be all about the fleet!! (touch wood, fingers crossed.. all that stuff)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I will try to be brief as to not create a lengthy post but no promises. Season 5 is out and we all had a good look at it. Lots of people have joined the Free-to-Play and as usual a lot of things were broke but Cryptic is quick to fix most of the major problems. Thank God for Cryptic Studios you guys are awesome. I do have to admit that the Free-to-Play concept was unsettling since I did not know exactly what was going to happen to the Silver and Gold players as well as the economy of the game. Suffice it to say, as expected by Perfect World, “I am settling in to it”. A majority of the fleet leaders and individuals who have posted on this thread, like myself, had higher hopes that Perfect World would show some kind of movement towards fleet functionality with the release of Season 5 alas that was not the case.

I, like other veteran players of STO, have seen an explosion in the player population in the game and can honestly say ‘Space is crowded now”. Speed reading is an essential skill when one is at Earth Space Dock and reading the chat box. Talking to your fleet or private tell to friends in the game requires higher degree of eye hand coordination then before fortunately my eyes can take a break when I go to Qonos. If one decides to change instances to met with friends or fleet members one will notice that some of the instances have anywhere from 24 to 72 players in that particular map instance a significant increase prior to FTP. There are so many people playing STO that the server actually crashed during the anniversary weekend.
    Since Free-to-Play, FTP, started many fleets have been recruiting many of the FTP players which is good for Perfect World. The admission of FTP players in to fleets helps with the retention of STO players that generate the desired income that Perfect World is expecting. The game has changed dramatically since launch and the arrival of new FTP players requires assistance from the veterans of the game and its fleets. As fleets grow in ranks a need arises for fleet functionalities to accommodate its growth.

Lastly let me point out that Star Trek, to a significant degree, has been developed and enhanced by its fan base with great success I might add. Perfect World would be wise in its business to listen to those that have posted in this thread. Fleet development has become a critical element not only in game play but in the business profit for Perfect World.

Let me outline what I believe should be done for STO in 2012

1) Fix all bugs in the game – Do not add another season until every aspect of the games is fixed. This may take up to 6 months or less since some of the bugs date back to Season 3 and 4. If we release a new season without fixing the game as a whole then more things are going to be bugged at release this is historically evident. Some people who play the game are becoming extremely frustrated with the many bugs in the game and have nearly quit the game as a result or so is the case in my fleet.

2) I think that we can get rid of the Red Alerts since hardly anybody is in them. They were a good distraction for the time but some people like the Doff missions more so then the Red Alerts. Again that is just my opinion based on observation.

3) We as leaders of our fleet need to sit down and collaborate on the items that we feel would not only benefit our fleets but serve to our fleet members and enhance their game play and interaction within the fleet. Submit to Perfect World a final list of fleet functionalities that would serve fleets, players, and Perfect World.

4) Implement final list of fleet functions. This kind of direction would not only increase player retention but increase the new player populace created by a word of mouth campaign from game experiences of the STO players. It becomes painfully obvious at this point that the result of this action would lead to an increase in profit for Perfect World with very little effort on their part.

5) Develop Season 6 release with a special free FTP package for newcomers. I think Dilithium would be a nice bonus but alas this would be left up to Perfect World to decide.

6) Initiate Referral Program and Advertisements

7) Release Season 6

8) Get more servers

I submit this proposal to Perfect World, Cryptic Studios and Fleet leaders and its members to its logical conclusion. Sandman (Zion Fleet)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I was just thinking...

I know there are fleet out there, who have created fictive subdivisions of their fleets... Crafters, Officers, tactical branch and so on.

How about the creation of actual sub-divisions , or Departments, from wich you could assign special group permissions for banking, trading and calendars?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    anazonda wrote: »
    I was just thinking...

I know there are fleet out there, who have created fictive subdivisions of their fleets... Crafters, Officers, tactical branch and so on.

How about the creation of actual sub-divisions , or Departments, from wich you could assign special group permissions for banking, trading and calendars?

No that would be cool!! They have the "rank" system set up but it would be nice if you could have the ranks and special group permissions work together and independent of each other.