Install Arc
Options

The NEXT BIG MMO

2»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Too bad they never made a proper GTA mmo.

Ahhhhhhh the weeks spent commiting crimes in SAMP and running gangs,
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Id like a mass effect mmo, that could be pretty big. that universe has a lot of potential and is widely known through the single player games. but instead of making 8 stories like tor just have a smaller number and make the quality of the stories better.

I have it on good authority that depending on how successful TOR is, will determine if Bioware is going to go that exact route.

-
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Ertwin wrote: »
    There was a stargate MMO in the works, but the company developing it went bankrupt.

actually the CEO and CFO embezzled the development money.

harsh.

-
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I'd probably sub for a mass effect MMO, as long as I could play as a krogan
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    For those of you wanting a Fallout mmo, try Fallen Earth, it's the same kind of setting.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    What? no one has said Neverwinter nights yet?! :D

*ducks behind flame proof shield*
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I'm looking foreward to neverwinter, might even lifetime it if the matrix is good.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    • Mentioned above was GTA - Well for anyone remembering CAR WARS - i would love to see this as a MMO :D
    • Keeping with OLD SKOOL - Megatraveller would be a fantastic MMO rich in well written law and stories
    • Looking more modern www.fallenearth.com has fallout covered and is fun riding around on trikes / bikes.....
    • How about Judge Dredd MMO - Imagine block wars PvP combat :)

Swtor has not managed to blow me away, so like alot of you, i guess i am waiting, playing STO / Swtor, untill someone makes a NEW MMO..... thats not based or plays like the the last 10 years of MMO's
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Ok, A few things I need to address here before making my prediction:

Firstly, Marvel Universe will have NO character customisation, apparently, the player will choose one of the main lore characters (Hulk, Spiderman etc) nd be stuck like that, Marvel even said they will restrict each hero to one user, meaning that the servers will be severely limited in population capacity.

Secondly, Transformers Universe will be in a deathmatch-style format (an exampole would be World of Tanks), and I am sorry, but I do not think such an MMO willbe the next big thing, the more WoW-style RPG format is obviously far more popular, so MMos using a WoT format do not really count imho.

Now, my prediction for the next big game is going to be one that suprisingly, no-one has mentioned. Warhammer 40,000: Dark Millenium Online. This is going to be an action MMORPG using the same combat system as the recent Space Marine game (which had an amazing combat system). If this is a proper RPG like WoW (which it is said to be) then this will be my favourite MMO of all time.

Plus, assault bikes...freaking assault bikes! Give me assault bikes now! If DMO has proper vehicle accelaration, "raids" being tied to quests and other such things, I will be a very happy man, but I would still be ecstatic for a "WoW-clone" with a 40K look (ironic considering Starcraft was "inspired" by 40K).
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I played Guild Wars I to death, so I am very much looking forward to Guild Wars II, my hall of monuments awaits.

Another MMO I am looking forward to is Cryptic's Neverwinter Nights, I loved the Forgotten Realms setting ever since I played Icewind Dale. Unfortunately they have not been too forthcoming with development as of late so their is not too much to get excited by at the moment.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    How about an MMO based on Perry the Playpus? Players create their own animal agent and are assigned a nemisis. Cryptic's engine would be perfect for this and they could have it up and running in as little as a year?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    If they could make a MMO with the detail of SKYRIM, that would be huge in my book. Letting you pick your path, and pretty much doing what you want to a point, and with that level of detail I mean wow. That would be a great MMO. hehe
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I'd say a pokemon themed game could work.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I would like to see a Mobile Suit Gundam MMO.

The various servers could correspond to different calendars, so you could insert yourself into whichever story/era you wanted. There'd probably even be a server which was a fusion of every era.

You'd start out as a basic soldier in training for the faction of your choice, and you could choose whether to be infantry (FPS-Style), a Mobile Suit Pilot (more traditional MMO-style combat), or a crewmember on a Warship. Warship crewman would provide even more options, such as Mechanic (keeping the warship and its Mobile Suits in tip-top shape), Combat Operator (passing orders from the Captain to the Mobile Suit Pilots), Helmsman (driving the ship), Gunnery Officer (Using the Warship's guns to attack targets Arcade Style), Ship's Doctor (treating the injuries the crew sustains during combat), Quartermaster (buying and selling items, keeping your ship well stocked with supplies), or even Captain (passing orders to your crew, making crew assignments, planning out battle strategies).

And with MS Pilots, you'd start out in a basic Grunt Suit, and work your way up to better and better Grunt Suits, until you either get to customize your Mobile Suit or become a Gundam Pilot.

Now, the G Gundam Server would be different, because that was a completely different type of plot from the rest of the franchise. You'd select your home colony, and whether you want to be a Gundam Fighter or Support Crew. Support Crew would be a combination Mechanic/Quartermaster/Doctor for the Gundam Fighter, who would be similar to other MS Pilots aside from three major differences: You start out with your own customizable Gundam, Gundam Fights are gladiatorial, 1-on-1 matchups, and the moves a Gundam Fighter can use are more... flashy than the abilities MS Pilots can use in other servers.

Anyway, that's the kind of MMO I would really like to play. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Fallout is the perfect for an MMO.

When it comes and it will come eventually. Problem with Fallout being an MMO, is the sheer size of the task the developers would have. It would need four years development, no less. If they create it within 3 years on an existing, very suitable engine, possible I think but I doubt it.

Guilds would expect their own vault.

Vaults would need to be customisable. That is like STO fleets wanting fleet bases, a big project on its own.

I will keep waiting for a Fallout MMO.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I am not sure if it is going the be the next big MMO ...... but The Secret World looks interesting.

http://www.thesecretworld.com
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Im so surprised no one said a James Bond MMO.

your char classes could be something along the lines of

intellegence
    Counter Intellegence
    and off course 00's
    Q Branch (someone to make all the cool stuff we all use LOL)

your races would be diffrent nationalities, British, American, Russian, Chinese ect...

you could have missions where Russian agents actually work to stop the other side with out being pvp. maybe each side gets a mission and the team that does it the best superceeds the other teams victory.

Dynamic world where the missions can effect the future of the political relationships of the countries.

PvP matches of course.

Real World locations. Car chases in Tokyo, Boat chases in Venice, Plane chases over the amazon.

Moonraker missions to orbit. Spinning AMC Javalin jumps in Thialand. Flying cars LOL

And of course all the secret gadgits.

I would so have to be Jinx
  • Options
    edited February 2012
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Fr8monkey wrote: »

I already play that. Excellent graphics.:D
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Fr8monkey wrote: »

It's lying about the AI. Weather is nice though, although it's getting warmer with every update. Lots of PvP, maybe to much.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I want this game so bad --> http://www.gamepot.co.jp/wiz_en/

Wizardry Online

It has Perma Death and FFA world PvP and you can even loot their stuff. It is way more harsh than EVE online. When you do a dungeon or quest it is way more exiting knowing your character could die. I know most of you don't like that but, so what, 99% of the games out there are already for you. I want at least 1 game that is made for people who like exciting gameplay were you really want to think twice before doing something.

Here is a review --> http://news.mmosite.com/content/c/2011-11-22/a_complete_review_of_wizardry_online_i_1.shtml