test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can we actualy get some support?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
There is issues with the patcher and it has been posted about on the tech support forums for a few days. Can PWE & Cryptic actualy do their job? People actualy want to play the game.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Did you file a ticket or only post to the forum? For interactive support you need to file a ticket.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I have done both. Jack needs to get off his butt and get things in gear because this goes live in five days and I know he doesn't want a ton of ****ed off gamers on his hands.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Here is some information for things you should be aware of to run the games, patchers, etc; to run on your system...

Please restart your PC and network hardware first.

You may have to be on a Windows Admin account, or have Run as Admin access to be able to download, install, update, and run the game. If on Windows Vista or 7, you may have to change the level of your UAC settings or turn them off temporarily.

You may need to update or install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. You may need to install or update to the latest Microsoft .NET Framework for your version of Windows and also update to the latest version of DirectX. You may also need to check or change your network settings.

You can try adding the game folder/files to your exceptions list in your antivirus and firewall software. Please see the help menu or support website for the software that you use if you aren't sure how to do it.

At your own risk, you may have to disable your antivirus, firewall, and other security software temporarily while you download, install, update, login to, and play the game. Sometimes the security software will block it or throttle it, no matter what you try or even if you try to add exceptions for the game files in your security software.

You may also have to disable, shut down, uninstall, or disable any: torrent, keyboard/mouse, web browser toolbars, video/screen capture, gamepad/input device, multimedia, Instant Messaging, voice over IP, web browser games, other games software applications before downloading, installing, updating, logging into, and playing the game. Basically shut down all non-essential programs.

If you need further help, when you contact us by a support ticket, please answer the following questions:

What exactly did you try in the information presented to you?

What changes to your software did you make?

What errors did you get?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    dont worry starbuck only took them nearly a week to reply to my ticket with a generic 3 line copy paste answer that had nothing realy to do with helping my problem. u could even tell that they didnt even look beyond the title of my ticket
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    What exactly did you try in the information presented to you?

What changes to your software did you make?

What errors did you get?