test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

We Need an 18% Badge

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited December 2011 in Klingon Discussion
I was complaining about the 18% STO likes to throw at the KDF faction in one of the postings and Roach replied telling me we should own it thereby eliminating its derogatory description of us faithful KDF players. I thought this was a great idea! I'd like to see this taken a step further and have Cryptic create an 18%'er badge for our Klingon characters to wear. The 18% remark reminds me of the1% the AMA used to describe the outlaw biker community. Rather than take offense the bikers adopted the 1% as there own and had a 1% patch made to put on their jackets. I think it would be cool if KDF could have an 18% patch to designate us who stuck it out through limited gameplay and content. Some criteria needs to be applied though.

A player at least needs to be subscribed for 200 days or more to receive the badge.

This would be a one time reward for those who stuck it out through the hard times, those that come later when there is plenty of content don't deserve the 18% patch since they didn't have to chew the same dirt that was served to us. And this would be a KDF faction only badge, the Feds don't deserve it since they have enjoyed lots of content from the start.

Creating little things like this for the KDF players goes a long way in mending bad feelings cryptic has caused for the KDF players.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    MagnumStar wrote:
    I was complaining about the 18% STO likes to throw at the KDF faction in one of the postings and Roach replied telling me we should own it thereby eliminating its derogatory description of us faithful KDF players. I thought this was a great idea! I'd like to see this taken a step further and have Cryptic create an 18%'er badge for our Klingon characters to wear. The 18% remark reminds me of the1% the AMA used to describe the outlaw biker community. Rather than take offense the bikers adopted the 1% as there own and had a 1% patch made to put on their jackets. I think it would be cool if KDF could have an 18% patch to designate us who stuck it out through limited gameplay and content. Some criteria needs to be applied though.

A player at least needs to be subscribed for 200 days or more to receive the badge.

This would be a one time reward for those who stuck it out through the hard times, those that come later when there is plenty of content don't deserve the 18% patch since they didn't have to chew the same dirt that was served to us. And this would be a KDF faction only badge, the Feds don't deserve it since they have enjoyed lots of content from the start.

Creating little things like this for the KDF players goes a long way in mending bad feelings cryptic has caused for the KDF players.

I second this motion. 18%
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Supported 82% :D
    Also for those players with only KDF toons there needs to be a "Loyal" Perk and badge.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Sounds like something my Klingon would wear with pride.

I worry though that based on prior experience, Cryptic is more likely to come out with an 82% badge for the Feds for their efforts in ensuring that all the pips on their uniforms are just the right colour.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    It's time to occupy Starfleet Academy!
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    30.7% of my chars are KDF so I demand a 30.7% badge.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Sign me up as in support of this. Well written too.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    You guys already get better ships... why do you need badges too? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    i hate to burst everybody's bubble but 18% was said ages ago. its probably no longer 18%.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    19% badges- ALRIGHTY THEN!!
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    i hate to burst everybody's bubble but 18% was said ages ago. its probably no longer 18%.

We will stick with 18% since it was the number most used to derogatorily describe the Klingon player base.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Roach wrote: »
    19% badges- ALRIGHTY THEN!!

or 5%...

or after Dev Blog #17 it may BE 1%

12 pages and counting there.. think he hit a raw nerve.. I do..
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    or 5%...

or after Dev Blog #17 it may BE 1%

12 pages and counting there.. think he hit a raw nerve.. I do..

I think they forgot that the KDF is do a revival after F2P releases to become better gameplay for us fans and that scares me.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I'm sorry but I'm bit slow at this hour so I don't get what you mean with your 1%.:confused:
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Capulet wrote: »
    Also for those players with only KDF toons there needs to be a "Loyal" Perk and badge.

For those players there needs to be a "Dumbass" badge.

Deliberately avoiding the vast majority of the game is down right stupid.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    MagnumStar wrote:
    We will stick with 18% since it was the number most used to derogatorily describe the Klingon player base.

Not sure how stating that only 18% of the playerbase plays klingon is derogatory. It was a statement of a number in reply to a question. If I asked what the answer was to 2 +2, would 4 then be derogatory?

If you want the badge, great. I'll support it.

You can use it to accessorize the chip on your shoulder. :D
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    After F2P it will be nowhere near 18%. :cool:
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    mister_dee wrote:
    I'm sorry but I'm bit slow at this hour so I don't get what you mean with your 1%.:confused:

Meaning that many KDF fans are leaving again like many PvP'ers and even some Fed fans over variuos issues.

or the 1% that refers to this.
    One percenter
    "1%er" shown at the Clubhouse of the Bandidos MC, Chapter BerlinSome outlaw motorcycle clubs can be distinguished by a 1% patch worn on the colors. This is claimed to be a reference to a comment made by the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) in which they stated that 99% of motorcyclists were law-abiding citizens, implying that the last one percent were outlaws. The comment, supposedly a response to the Hollister riot in 1947, is denied by the AMA—who claim to have no record of such a statement to the press, and that the story is a misquotation. As a result, some outlaw motorcycle clubs used it to unite or express themselves and are commonly referred to as "one percenters". According to the ATF they are also known as Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs or OMGs
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Make these players "Dahar Masters" with all the appropriate dress and markings.

They have faced the challenges and proven their worth by sticking with it.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Meaning that many KDF fans are leaving again like many PvP'ers and even some Fed fans over variuos issues.

or the 1% that refers to this.

Thanks, one more cultural reference I can now understand.:)
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I'm in for this.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I like this thread... More KDF stuff is always good :)
    Korhil wrote:
    For those players there needs to be a "Dumbass" badge.

Deliberately avoiding the vast majority of the game is down right stupid.
    After repeating the Fed Side a Second time then a third time, I'd say if that's the "Vast Majority" of the Game, I'll stick with 18%

3 VA1s - 1 Tact - 1 Sci - 1 Engineer
    8 LTGs - 3 Tact - 3 Sci - 2 Engineer

I'll delete my Feds, after we can Buy C-Pts with their dilithium so I can drain them all for all they're worth.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    18%

/567890
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I can just see it now. "Occupy S.T.O." "we ... are... the eighteen percent!!!!" (during the chanting Roach is dragged away in handcuff just in front of Cryptic Studios)... :D
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Roach should get a facefull of pepper spray, too. I don't think he deserves to be pepper sprayed, I just want him to get the full protester experience. :D
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    whamhammer wrote: »
    I can just see it now. "Occupy S.T.O." "we ... are... the eighteen percent!!!!" (during the chanting Roach is dragged away in handcuff just in front of Cryptic Studios)... :D
    Been dragged off in those before in the past for a differnet reasons, no big deal. Protesters usually get out within the hour.
    boglejam wrote: »
    Roach should get a facefull of pepper spray, too. I don't think he deserves to be pepper sprayed, I just want him to get the full protester experience. :D
    Been there, done the Remove your respirator and breathe deeply CS experience as well for my Uncle Sam.

I would prefer boiling oil or water poured from the top of the gates, but then again I'm a traditionalist.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I've been crunching numbers off of the preliminary projected KDF totals and have rounded the percentage to its base minimal meridian of 18.4%.....

Yet when you take into account of defections to the KDF for varied reasons this makes the percentage jump higher in blurps if you will....so on average you come out with 21.2%

then when you take into account (just to be fair) all of the current toons that usually roll feds but dedicate time to their KDF alts......then that statistic generates 53% of the KDF population based solely on existence of KDF members in STO purgatory for varied reasons of inaction on the part of Cryptic with a annual percentage margin of error of about 3.6%-11.9%.

Given the gap for margin of error one can conclude that the 18% base is actually 22% conservativly.

Thus making your desired patch number 32.00187%

Given the response of cryptic in the past for such noble actions to a dedicated player base for the KDF, I'd say your chances of this occuring on any level is about 50/50...but then there is only a 11% chance of that.

Ok....does that make sense? NO? ok...hold on I'll explain it in simpler terms (peels back safety plastic on tube of model airplane glue) :D
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Been dragged off in those before in the past for a differnet reasons, no big deal. Protesters usually get out within the hour.

Been there, done the Remove your respirator and breathe deeply CS experience as well for my Uncle Sam.

I would prefer boiling oil or water poured from the top of the gates, but then again I'm a traditionalist.

Hmmm ..... Hero of the Empire ... or pirate.

Maybe and likely both.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    castogere wrote: »
    I've been crunching numbers off of the preliminary projected KDF totals and have rounded the percentage to its base minimal meridian of 18.4%.....

Yet when you take into account of defections to the KDF for varied reasons this makes the percentage jump higher in blurps if you will....so on average you come out with 21.2%

then when you take into account (just to be fair) all of the current toons that usually roll feds but dedicate time to their KDF alts......then that statistic generates 53% of the KDF population based solely on existence of KDF members in STO purgatory for varied reasons of inaction on the part of Cryptic with a annual percentage margin of error of about 3.6%-11.9%.

Given the gap for margin of error one can conclude that the 18% base is actually 22% conservativly.

Thus making your desired patch number 32.00187%

Given the response of cryptic in the past for such noble actions to a dedicated player base for the KDF, I'd say your chances of this occuring on any level is about 50/50...but then there is only a 11% chance of that.

Ok....does that make sense? NO? ok...hold on I'll explain it in simpler terms (peels back safety plastic on tube of model airplane glue) :D

60% of the time its works 100%? or that it burns the eyes and the nostrils? Smells like gasoline? its Pungent?

Though I would not be surprised if the KDF numbers are lower as many have just left during the 2+ year dry conditions of the faction.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    +1 to this. Having started orginally as a Fed when I originally purchased the game I can honestly say going KDF was the best decision I've made in-game. Even with the current lack of PVE stuff for us to do it seems like a stronger community when compared to the Fed side. No offence intended in any way - just my opinion from how I've observed both sides during my time in-game.

In fact, all the Empire really needs to do now is get rid of Jm'pok and we're well on the way to greatness. :D

Proud 18%'er. Period.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    60% of the time its works 100%? or that it burns the eyes and the nostrils? Smells like gasoline? its Pungent?

Though I would not be surprised if the KDF numbers are lower as many have just left during the 2+ year dry conditions of the faction.

What I am hoping is that F2P actually benefits us and brings more KDF players back into the game ... both returning and new.

Although, we might need to draw the line at the "Sith Lord" wannabes,

I'm have friends I want to try and persuade to join the fight, but will hold off until we actually get F2P live and are close to at least the featured episode. (More so friends who went dark during the drought.)