What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Klingon Houses of the {UFP}

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Now I could kill for some fresh gagh and some blood wine! Or in my language, some pasta and some wine!

G x
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I will bring the Yamok sauce.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I love the smell of disruptors in the morning.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Am I the only one here today, a guy could start talking to himself at this rate.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    We figured you looked to be having much more fun in your one man convo... personally I was waiting for the inevitable fight :p
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Well I almost started a fight with myself, but my targ was getting frisky so I had to run.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    how many active members do you currently have ? do you do the klingon STF's ? im looking for an active klingon fleet to play my klingon characters more often with
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    AHarnaman wrote:
    how many active members do you currently have ? do you do the klingon STF's ? im looking for an active klingon fleet to play my klingon characters more often with

Welcome, curently for STO UFP has 467 members of which we have 142 members on our KDF side. We do run STFs on the KDF side on a regular basism I am one of the event officers for our fleet and I am running The Cure event today.

Our fleet is a well established fleet, we have been around for many years support Star Trek gaming in many genres of games. Come chackout our website here. Don't let the site mislead you it does look federation geared but we take our klingon fleet just as serious and have dedicated officers such as my self.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Well put Galbock and Hathaway is working on a Klingon theme for the forums too :)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    AHarnaman wrote:

The UFP works on providing events for both our Federation and Klingon fleets and you will find more than a few hardcore Klingon players in our ranks!

Just a couple of pictures of a recent event we had!

Picture 1

Picture 2
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    You don't want to see the after photos after Picture 2... it still stings.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Well we had a lovely little Rank-up event tonight, though being a Lieutenant General and helping Lieutenant Commanders is a little overkill. Any ideas for a new Klingon character?, I already got my Engineer in my Negh'var.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    According to Silynn a Sci in a BoP is pretty hard to beat with the right build.

I have a LG tac in a BoP with all AP weapons and a Quantum Torp on the front, in PvE I am unmatched but I think in PvP I would be like Stormy and just explode a lot.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    A scientific Klingon? I suppose that does combine the best of a couple of aspects right there.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Well we had a lovely little Rank-up event tonight, though being a Lieutenant General and helping Lieutenant Commanders is a little overkill. Any ideas for a new Klingon character?, I already got my Engineer in my Negh'var.

Tactical and put them in a Raptor! That's my next character! Or get a Sci or an Engineer and put them in a Carrier! I now have 2 carriers! hehe.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Do you guys have fleets that are like pre-screened high quality players, just asking because a lot of these fleets say we got near 500 people but high volume to me = low quality standards. So if you have a fleet like that just doesn't take anyone who comes along I would give it a shot.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Zeuxidemus wrote:
    Do you guys have fleets that are like pre-screened high quality players, just asking because a lot of these fleets say we got near 500 people but high volume to me = low quality standards. So if you have a fleet like that just doesn't take anyone who comes along I would give it a shot.

We do screen our members thru an application process, we try to recruit and accept members which we feel will be a good fit for our Fleets. UFP or United Federation of Planets which House of UFP is a part has been support Star Trek gaming not just STO for 9 year now. This length of time is due in part to the quality of members we have and we accept.

I invite you to visit our website and look around see what you think and if you like what you see then maybe fill out an application and give us a try. Here is the link. UFP
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Zeuxidemus wrote:

We do have a lot of members but that's close to 500 Characters and not 500 members. hat said, we have a lot of members who play games other than STO so we definitely have more than a few people.

But in my time with the UFP, I have to say there has been surprisingly little drama. In most guilds/fleets I've been in, there is always something, no matter how trivial but I can honestly say I have a great time, there are always people who are helpful and want to team up and if there are any drama's, I am certainly not aware of too much.

Grace
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    galbock wrote:
    We do screen our members thru an application process, we try to recruit and accept members which we feel will be a good fit for our Fleets. UFP or United Federation of Planets which House of UFP is a part has been support Star Trek gaming not just STO for 9 year now. This length of time is due in part to the quality of members we have and we accept.

I invite you to visit our website and look around see what you think and if you like what you see then maybe fill out an application and give us a try. Here is the link. UFP

Yeah I have been in support of star trek and star trek gaming for over 25 years now. All the way back from trade wars 2002. I was going to give it a shot until I got to the website, it got more annoying than anything else because you get there and it says you must register to apply. I was like ok that's reasonable, so I registered. So I figure I should be able to apply since I complied with that, but no you do not have permission to apply. So I am like OK I just wasted my time here, I am here to have fun but I am not going to be jumping through all these hoops to just apply for a fleet that I may or may not even like. Not to mention I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt but I find the odds very very small that with a large group that there are not domesticated problems I would not want to deal with. Otherwise the website appears when you first look at it that a lot of time went into making it, not just some guild portal template someone made. Only reason I can think of I would want or need a fleet would be for fleet actions there isn't anything else I can't do on my own or pug by not being in a fleet/solo fleet.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Zeuxidemus wrote:
    Yeah I have been in support of star trek and star trek gaming for over 25 years now. All the way back from trade wars 2002. I was going to give it a shot until I got to the website, it got more annoying than anything else because you get there and it says you must register to apply. I was like ok that's reasonable, so I registered. So I figure I should be able to apply since I complied with that, but no you do not have permission to apply. So I am like OK I just wasted my time here, I am here to have fun but I am not going to be jumping through all these hoops to just apply for a fleet that I may or may not even like. Not to mention I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt but I find the odds very very small that with a large group that there are not domesticated problems I would not want to deal with. Otherwise the website appears when you first look at it that a lot of time went into making it, not just some guild portal template someone made. Only reason I can think of I would want or need a fleet would be for fleet actions there isn't anything else I can't do on my own or pug by not being in a fleet/solo fleet.

Well of course you need to register on the site in order to apply!! If we didn't do that, how would we know who you were? And prevent all those nasty bots from doing bad things? I'm very sure it's not just us who ask our potential members to register on the site in order to make an application....

As for permission to apply, well of course you do! There's a dedicated form you just fill out! I've heard of no one having problems before in applying and we've had more than a few over the last month so I don't think it's an issue on our end! :)

Of course there are the odd issues. I never meant to imply that there aren't any. But I have to admit, the amount, particularly for the size of fleet that we are is not just low but extremely low. IT's a rare occasion that I am ever aware of anything which I would call domesticated problems. In fact I'll go so far as to say that on the whole, we have been extremely fortunate in the calibre of members that we both have and continue to attract. We work exceptionally hard to provide the best gaming environment possible and I believe the members more than appreciate the efforts everyone goes to in order to run the fleet in a professional manner.

The website is the result of a lot of hard work by our web team and it doesn't just stop there. They continue to support and make improvements and we are expecting the Klingon theme int he near future! Exciting times!

As for benefits to being in a fleet. Well I do agree that STO is a game which you can play solo very effectively in and if that is your choice, then I wish you all the best in your one persons voyage through the game. But for me and all of our members, the element that you're missing that we not just favour but enjoy and cherish is the relationships you build within a fleet. The help you can receive and more importantly, that you can provide to someone else! The camaraderie, the fun and laughter, group events and silly banter that you just can't get in PUGs. This is what it means to be playing a MMO for me and why the UFP is such a great fit for me personally. I think the idea of playing solo like that must make the game quite lonely and I know I would feel like I was missing out! I truly believe the exploration to be had in this game is one of self exploration and the discovery of new friends. But that could just be me...

But best of luck!

Grace Pryde
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Hello Zeuxidemus

Sorry to hear you had trouble applying to our fleet. I'd be happy to assist you if you are experiencing technical difficulties. If you have registered an account on our website/forums, you should then be able to apply to join the fleet. If this is not the case, please let us know the details of the issue you face and we may be able to help you through it.

For a fleet to be able to offer a kind of high quality "service" to its members through well organised events etc, it does require our members to perhaps put a little more effort into the joining process. We understand that may be annoying for some, but the process is both relevant and necessary for us to maintain our high standards.

As for your point on drama, there is no fleet out there with 0% drama. You will always get people who enjoy it, stir it up or generally cause problems for others around them, however we do try to deal with such people in a timely and fair manner. I've been Fleet Admiral since September 2002 and I couldn't possibly have remained in my position for almost 9 years surrounded by drama. Fortunately the UFP is lucky to have a great command and support staff who I have a great deal of confidence and respect for and I feel lead by example. We have a motto in the fleet, Give Respect Get Respect, and it's something we expect from everyone.

Thank you for compliments on the website, it was a lot of work, but I think worth the effort in the end. Wherever possible we like to create what we can in-house, and we're at a stage where a high percentage of our technical and creative assets are of our own making.

Finally on the subject of soloing, I agree that STO is quite an easy game to solo, but with UFP we're more than just a fleet, we're a community. A lot of people have formed long-standing friendships and have met people from all over the world (which I personally enjoy), so there is a real social aspect that people can miss out on by simply soloing. I think when playing PvP or grouping up in-game it makes it more meaningful when you do so with people you know, and can share a laugh with. It won't be until Season 5 where Fleets really shine with exclusive content, but in the mean time it's better to get to know people and have some fun.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    After hanging round the Starfleet Academy I am so looking forward to the Klingon version!!

Grace
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I am working on some new events for the Klingon fleet...hopefully I will be able to reveal more in the next few weeks!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    To join the {UFP}, simply click HERE! :D
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Pryde7 wrote:
    I am working on some new events for the Klingon fleet...hopefully I will be able to reveal more in the next few weeks!

Look forward to seeing them Grace.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Pryde7 wrote:
    After hanging round the Starfleet Academy I am so looking forward to the Klingon version!!

Grace

Did you see the screenshots of the KDF Academy on STOked? It looks amazing!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Did you see the screenshots of the KDF Academy on STOked? It looks amazing!

I sure did, for me anything klingon is amazing. I am klingon I am amazing.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    galbock wrote:
    I sure did, for me anything klingon is amazing. I am klingon I am amazing.

Indeed!! :D

I need to arrange another Klingon STF...The Cure or KA...
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I need to work on my Klingon toon, but I've decided to actually get a toon to VA before I do that. I have two at RA, so I should be able to accomplish it in the near future, even with my limited playing time.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Yo! You with the ridged forehead. Yea, YOU! If your "House" doesn't feel like a real Klingon "Home", then you should be in ours. Just click the banner below.