Keybinds fading In / Out / In and finally out

2»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Thompson87 wrote:
    UPDATE:
    i now tried the above mentioned "default tray setting". i set the trays (ground and space) in the default order: tray 1 (munbers) on the bottom, tray 2 (CTRL+numbers) in the middle and tray 3 (ALT+numbers) on the top.
    now all the issues are solved for me on all toons, space and ground.

so we can conclude the bug is caused by custom tray settings.

i hope it will work for you all, too!

I can confirm this too, resetting the bars to the default configuration makes your keybinds and the bars themselves work as normal again.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I can also confirm that having my tool-bar in ascending order (1 bottom, 2 middle, 3 top) seems to fix this annoying bug, wish I had tried this earlier I missed 2 fleet events :(
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I have similar problems.......pressing any of the numkeys will activate powers on the other bars.When I change bar 1 to bar 2,all the icons on bar 2 are the same as on bar 1......changing it again to any of the other bars doesn't work,the icons remain the same on all the bars.I have this on ground and in space.....the game is unplayable like this.:( All keybinds were,and are,on the default settings.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I can confirm this too, resetting the bars to the default configuration makes your keybinds and the bars themselves work as normal again.
    I'm also having the same issue but this workaround solved the problem for me.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I'm having a similar problem.
  • Options
    edited July 2011

It tried that and it didn't work.:(
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Found a workaround.

If Tray 1 (the tray which defaults to the 1 - 0 keys) is the first (bottom) tray - the pressing the keys bound to Tray 1 DO NOT get coppied as the secondary keybinds and toggle back and from between the primary keybinds for Tray 1 and the secondary keybinds for tray 2.

If you use mode 2, 3, or 4 - the tray above tray 1 (in the first/bottom position can be in ANY ORDER YOU LIKE - but to not have this bug occur - Tray 1 MUST ALWAYS occupy the first (bottom) position.

Still this bug is #$%$#@! annoying for those of us who place our weapons on Tray one - and don't feel the need to display that tray elsewhere - as it effectively displays in the weapons bar at that point. This bug needs to be fixed so we DON'T need to keep tray 1 in the default position of the powers tray display if we do not want to.

But, as long as you keep tray 1 in the default (bottom) position - it's keybinds WON'T 'toggle' between Primary in Tray 1 to Secondary in Tray 2.

This is why some people don't know what we who see this are talking about - they've never moved Tray one from the default (Bottom) positition in their Powers Bar display.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I have this same issue as well. I hope they at least see this thread and is working on a fix.
  • Options
    edited July 2011

Not me ... I wish I were that lucky.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Not me ... I wish I were that lucky.

Putting Tray 1 in the first/bottom position doesn't correct this for you (IE it's not non-default keybinds that are the problem as far I can tell), it's if Tray 1 occupies any position other than the bottom one in the tary - whether you're in Mode 1, 2, 3, or 4 of the powers tray display.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Armsman wrote: »
    Putting Tray 1 in the first/bottom position doesn't correct this for you (IE it's not non-default keybinds that are the problem as far I can tell), it's if Tray 1 occupies any position other than the bottom one in the tary - whether you're in Mode 1, 2, 3, or 4 of the powers tray display.

::: waves both hands in the air .... "Hey ... DEVs .... You might want to check out this thread as it might have some useful information in helping you track down and squash the bug we've been talking about over here!"

Never hurts as long as its done in a respectful manner. ;) ... and I just want the bug squashed.

It seems to me that we've figured out quite a few things in this thread about this bug.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I do hope someone comes through and takes a look, its very frustrating to deal with thats for sure.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I'm on vacation at the moment and cannot test .... Did this morning's patch fix this bug???
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I'm on vacation at the moment and cannot test .... Did this morning's patch fix this bug???

Yes it seems to be back to normal now in both ground and space, I can once again setup a custom hotkeybar layout.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I have posted a workaround that still allows you to use power tray rows 1-3 that fixed this for me over on this thread.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    The bug is fixed (Both space and ground - yay!) on my characters in BOTH the KDF and Fed factions after the patch applied this morning (7/21) - Hope that's indeed the case for anyone else who was experiencing this.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    ...and all this time I thought I was doing something wrong. Looks like I picked a great time to start getting in to key binding. Figures