What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

(Un-)Important Announcements!

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Isn't Hamtaro Hort the most precious cute... not bunny on the forums..

Ok Senshi wants to go on a Benz'r Ah Lord wont you buy me a MErcedes Benz My friends all drive Porsche's you must make amends

http://pictures.dealer.com/m/maplewoodmercedes/0834/thumb_8e2d21e80a0d048e010f80a99c939230.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I spotted a rat running around the forums. Anybody call an exterminator yet?
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    The local store is out of malletts
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Capulet wrote: »
    I spotted a rat running around the forums. Anybody call an exterminator yet?

Just get a cat.

Or a snake.

Or an owl.

Or one of Raven's rabbits...
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Look at the pretty pretty.. Ms EXCEL.. Croquet Mallet fiber mcgee and mollies closet.. SM posters.. old gym socks
    softball gloves shin guards... That Hamtaro's a good hider still haven't found them..

See that why i dint go over to a friends sometime ago.. she had a hamtaro to give away... and that means filling a water bottle and dish and when can you take a vacation?

Wait if i move back they want to bundle me.
    Monthly Total:
    $96.89
    *One-time Charges:
    $22.95
    . internet tv phone... hum

Herd a horrid scream last night like a bunny in trouble.. went out w crudgel and lamp no sign .. have a new woodchuck neibour but they dotn seem to be the angry sort so.. no need to set a barb o nthe fenceing.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    This miniature giant space hamster is here to tell you that NASA is having an announcement concerning Mars in 1 hour.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    hort_wort wrote: »
    This miniature giant space hamster is here to tell you that NASA is having an announcement concerning Mars in 1 hour.

Martian Bigfoot? :D
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Martian Bigfoot? :D

Nope. Turned out to be they found a few locations where a "volatile fluid" was seen flowing. Up until now they've never seen a flowing liquid there. All the water is in the form of ice. The fluid isn't exactly flowing water, but water could be in it. It might be Odo. :confused:

They hint that the next probe is going to land there and poke it with a stick. Pretty exciting stuff.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Spelindunking? Its like sub surface water flowage making seasonal exhibits on the surface at the equatorial regions? its not Volcanic pyrotechnics exhibits.. [hum sold that text book back to college to eat]

Well its briney but not DEAD SEa water time to budget a desalinator..

WOWO thisi s popul;ar today.. The Inedo4 server is busy and cant get that file
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Mass extermination using NITREL 7 of all unwanted pests, bugs (the living sort), loose matter and straying Ferengi is scheduled for t-5 minutes.

Get out before they seal you in with it.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Pickles with ranch is disgusting! Damn you drunk hungries!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    A Fist full of latinum.. and a lobe full of Letta fingers Fergringi can survive.. most things but they did disapear from the map now we know why.. Wait Betazoids goen too.. Oh oh Galacticus is coming run away... Another planet gone...
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I am sooooo glad I have no reason to go to the Washington Navy Yard today!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I am sooooo glad I have no reason to go to the Washington Navy Yard today!

You and me both (well, I have a reason, but not one that's worth fighting all that mess ;) ).
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    beats being merged or shut down... <letterman top ten reasons ont to work for Wash Dc city>

Wait Johnny cashes I walked the line just came on terrestrial radio all's right with the world.

oh yeah dotn plant i nthe middle of a road and fall asleep.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    All fuel tankers should now retire to dispersal area! I repeat, all fuel tankers should now retire to dispersal area!

45 seconds to lift off!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    This is not the thread you are looking for!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    BREAKING NEWS!!!

Authorities have released a image of the suspect {see Avatar} responsible for the dissappearance of local hero Panthro & a vicious string of robberies in the area. If anyone has any information to the identity of this individual, please contact your local police immediately.

More Details at 11.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    ATC AWACs Vectore to Angels 20 and await further orders
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    its still saturday but is your bandwidth cooperating with your STO?
    HEy Google dictionary is no longer available
    ============================
    Astra non mentiuntur, sed astrologi bene mentiuntur de astris - The stars never lie, but the astrologs lie about the stars
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Well I did not get a motorcycle, but I did see Rise of the Planet of the Apes. If you don't mind I was so impressed by what I saw that I have to talk about it.

There are few technical issues and a couple spots where the plot is a little thinner than I would like, and the plot is a bit predictable. Those are the films worst sins and they are hardly noticeable so don't be put off by those things.

Character development is very strong, and reinforced with a lot of good psychology. Also special effects are subtle and top notch. It's important that I mention character and FX in the same paragraph as the lead character is a product of special FX and is still convincing as a chimp and as an actor. His brooding intellect makes you pause and reflect that this is an idealized view of a creature with a tyrannical name who is also in his own unique way human.

Fan service is very good as well with lots of nice nuggets, and even a subplot that seems to mirror George Taylor's experience much the way JJ Trek mirrors the subplot of the captaincy of the Enterprise with The Menagerie.

Further the essence of early sci-fi is captured in that it asks you to think about the consequences of progress, but instead of making it a warning moral they present scientific progress as the two edged sword that it is.

The end does leave you wanting because the ground is so well laid for George Taylor to return to his simian nightmare. Yes it ties into the original that well. If they can get the same crew together a sequel might be worth it. the Chimp first exposed to the AZL113 would make a good Hannibal Lector to counter Caesar and push toward an all out confrontation with humanity while the virus, (AZL113), could have further implications beyond just being lethal to humans.

I'm gonna give it an 8 out of 10, (when I want to give it a 9), I docked it one point only to reduce my fan bias for the 1968 original.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    We apologise for disruption to your normal broadcast to bring you this report.

Known trenchcoat enthusiast "hort wort" has escaped from Vale Halla maximum security prison and is both armed, dangerous and in control of a C5 Shuttle. We believe his escape is an inside job and the Interstellar Police are looking for witnesses and any possible sightings of "hort wort".

Until such time as he is caught, all ships within a 50 Rells distance of the prison will be scanned and/or inspected as deemed apporopiate. We urge you that if you are or intend to travel, we recommend you travel via a scheduled transport as these will be scanned automatically when leaving and entering port, and also come with their own security team.

We thank you for you co-operation and return to "A While In Tuscany Bay" sponsored by Nimba Industires.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Real men are imprisoned on Rura Penthe! :p
    Where they make out with shapeshifting dudes.... <_<;
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I'm still on vacation (which will include the Start Trek ConventionvinvVegas), and yet I continue to go on the forums on my cell phone.... O_o
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I had a skater make me look silly in goal this weekend, till I found out he was going to play semi-pro hockey this fall.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Well after staffing my vitals mit ein.. Another Cup of Coffee before i go to the warp core below.. I dial in my relay to piggybacking a signal to receive a STellar Prog Euro blend... not the classical Vegas music scene..

but the con starts now before the Lotto draw can be cashed if the numbers align i may jaunt over day 2
    and buy the DEVS a new Plushie or mouse... What we need is C store Mouse Pads of Trek Kids.

=================
    VAcay? Vacay.. hum i seem to remember the term I held the secret location of the Coffee Fund and Machine after the insurance fire marshal inspection at the Computer refurb plant.. I Devised the Brilliant solution of takign the old BUNN and fittting it into a Tape Tower Back up Shell along side my desk. I won site honours for creative solutions to vital daily operations.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Caution, Water is full of explosive Hydrogen!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the image, make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. We repeat: there is nothing wrong with your television set. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to... The Outer Limits.

The Control Voice – 1960s
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I'm not wearing a T shirt!