Install Arc
Options

Serious Cloak bug

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    GMJahia wrote:
    Development has been made aware of the cloaking issue vs dialog boxes.

Thank you for finally taking the time acknowledge that. It's greatly appreciated!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    It also (and still) affects Mask Energy Signature.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Great! So shut the game down & fix it! NOW!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    GMJahia wrote:
    Development has been made aware of the cloaking issue vs dialog boxes.

wow the bug is only a few months old now, but i m glad that of yesterday the development team has been made aware of this issue after so many people wrote tickets for the issue. That shows you how effective it is to write tickets for the bug report.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Months for a ticket, after 72 hrs my CIO asks WTH?
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Stegi wrote:
    wow the bug is only a few months old now, but i m glad that of yesterday the development team has been made aware of this issue after so many people wrote tickets for the issue. That shows you how effective it is to write tickets for the bug report.

The fact that he said they have been made aware of it, doesn't mean that it just happened. In fact, it clearly didn't since it was listed in the last engineering report.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Inspired wrote: »
    The fact that he said they have been made aware of it, doesn't mean that it just happened. In fact, it clearly didn't since it was listed in the last engineering report.

Agreed. They are either having trouble finding the source of the bug, or killing it without wrecking other things.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Well the "important" stuff got fixed 31 Mar 2011 Release Notes
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Talk about FAIL ... LOL :D
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Aoav160 wrote: »
    Well the "important" stuff got fixed 31 Mar 2011 Release Notes

Yeah can't do with the floating from ToS Bridge Pack or the issues with the foundry.... Thats such a joke.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~GM Tiyshen
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Wow man, take it easy...Submit the ticket, wait for a response, and then ask Cryptic on the Ask Cryptic submission page for the next month. You know that by keeping up that behavior you will be banned right?
    I'd change the tone to express your dissatisfaction whilst not sounding petulant.

I'm just saying I'd hate to see someone as passionate about the game being great taken and being banned because of something they said on the forums. I know it has been a pain for me with this bug, but I have adapted as the only problem I have is in PVE and I mainly do explores for emblems on my KDF (he's the only cloaker), STF's, which I know where those popups are, and FA's where I still know the boxes are mainly at the beginning or once out of combat after clearing a field of baddies, so it wouldn't really matter to me at least.

Edit your posts before someone complains...I'm just offering some friendly advice.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Foundry, more clicky clicky. Go figure :D
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Funny how there is time & effort to censor me but no time or effort to fix the cloaking bug, or any other serious bug for that matter.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Thank you for passing the message along.

o_o)b
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    The bug is there for months now.After many threads,posts and continoous complains there finaly was a dev response that they will be looking into it.That was almost 3 weeks ago....:confused:
    I believe it would be very much appreciated if there would be some kind of confirmation that devs are indeed trying to solve the problem.Please give us something to hope for.Make a brief announvement that "we are working on fixing the damn thing,but for x reasons it takes longer than initialy expected".
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Oh you must understand that, they don't do nothing about this bug, because it isn't a P R I O R I T Y. Criptic have more important things to do like new, unique costumes, fancy hairstyles, shuttlebays, toilets in Captain's ready room :D etc.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Salami_Inferno said they were looking into it yesterday. Again, I suspect it's not an easliy squishable bug.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Some "interesting" information posted on this bug and fixing it posted in this thread here:
    jheinig wrote: »
    We know what causes that but the fix for it is rather . . . extreme. Its implementation will need some time.

and here:
    jheinig wrote: »
    There are a couple of issues here, really. One is the fact that using various interactables, or getting messages, will drop any ship out of cloak. Sometimes this is desired behavior -- if you are doing the Deferi satellite repair daily, for instance, it makes sense that you must drop out of cloak to repair the satellite. Other times it does not make sense -- like when one of your BOffs does a flyover message that says "Enemy ships inbound!" Fixing it means being able to fix this on a case-by-case basis. That is a lot of interacts.

The other issue is that the B'rel specifically is supposed to have abilities that it can use while cloaked, that other ships cannot. So it needs to be able to function as intended, as a cloaked raider that can fire while cloaked without appearing, but we need to have a very, very cautious eye toward its use of other abilities under cloak, such as self-healing or healbotting other people on a team.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    All of those concerns are very valid, and I imagine that they have to take a great deal of care to not bork other items, or make something over powered as a result. But leaving the cloaking community, both Fed and Klink alike, broken and unable to function is infuriating.

The ships that have the ability to cloak have those cloaks for a reason, i.e. they have a thinner hull than most other ships, or like in the case of the Galaxy-X, it's turn rate is a major handicap. The cloaking device makes up for that by allowing us to choose when and where we engage our targets.

a BoP, Defiant, or GalX without a working cloaking device is akin to an Attack Submarine with a foghorn announcing the ship's location.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Sprint01 wrote:
    All of those concerns are very valid, and I imagine that they have to take a great deal of care to not bork other items, or make something over powered as a result. But leaving the cloaking community, both Fed and Klink alike, broken and unable to function is infuriating.

The ships that have the ability to cloak have those cloaks for a reason, i.e. they have a thinner hull than most other ships, or like in the case of the Galaxy-X, it's turn rate is a major handicap. The cloaking device makes up for that by allowing us to choose when and where we engage our targets.

a BoP, Defiant, or GalX without a working cloaking device is akin to an Attack Submarine with a foghorn announcing the ship's location.

Dead on & well said. We are on day 80 of the cloaking bug today... & they still do not get it. This is priority number one Cryptic- this needs to be fixed not in a week, not tomorrow, not even today- this needs to be fixed yesterday. FIX CLOAKING/MES NOW! THIS IS A GAME STOPPER! Please announce that you will be shutting the game down now to fix cloaking NOW! DAY 80 HERE!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    What are you at cryptic doing???? Putting out more fluff? Ah that´s right, that´s what you are doing! :mad:
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Day 81 now. Yesterday, I discovered that the cloaking bug applies to the operative kit on the ground as well.

On the ground? Cloaked? Watch out for those comm pop ups'... they'll kill you every time.

Where is customer service? Have you no shame? Are you not embarassed by the shoddy quality of your work?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Borthan wrote:
    Day 81 now. Yesterday, I discovered that the cloaking bug applies to the operative kit on the ground as well.

On the ground? Cloaked? Watch out for those comm pop ups'... they'll kill you every time.

Where is customer service? Have you no shame? Are you not embarassed by the shoddy quality of your work?

I never found the Stealth to be useful, even when fully specced for it.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Sprint01 wrote:

Well Stated, it's very annoying but can be worked around on most stuff, not all but most.
    Borthan wrote:
    Dead on & well said. We are on day 80 of the cloaking bug today... & they still do not get it. This is priority number one Cryptic- this needs to be fixed not in a week, not tomorrow, not even today- this needs to be fixed yesterday. FIX CLOAKING/MES NOW! THIS IS A GAME STOPPER! Please announce that you will be shutting the game down now to fix cloaking NOW! DAY 80 HERE!

This is not a Game Stopper, pain in the rear to be sure, but a game stopper no. They are aware of the issue and are trying to fix it. 80 days and states that Cryptic is not getting it, hmmm, they are not going to shut the servers down to fix this, as most of the player base is FED and either doesn’t use MES or doesn’t have a cloak.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Well Stated, it's very annoying but can be worked around on most stuff, not all but most.

This is not a Game Stopper, pain in the rear to be sure, but a game stopper no. They are aware of the issue and are trying to fix it. 80 days and states that Cryptic is not getting it, hmmm, they are not going to shut the servers down to fix this, as most of the player base is FED and either doesn’t use MES or doesn’t have a cloak.

Perhaps not for you, but it is for me. Most of my feds use the defiant, which can cloak, & my cruisers & sci vessels use mes. I know they are aware of the issue, but come on already... all we get is more fluff in the c-store for them to make $, instead of spending $ to fix the game. How many times has your mouse disappeared off of your screen in combat- been over a year now on that one. How many times are you having to click on something, ie your rifle, hazard emitters, full impulse, etc... in order to get it to work? Ever done the Cure? Know what a Borg "beamin" is? I certainly do not. Try running past the stupid gates, after you got respawned way back, instead of where you're supposed to, without cloaking. Glitch after glitch after glitch & no end in sight,,, but they have time to fix the spots on a Trills' neck? Get your priorities straight... you are buying into the company BS that's it's ongoing & developing. The priority here is Cryptic has thousands of dissatisfied customers & instead of fixing the game they put out more fluff, that just adds more glitches.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Borthan wrote:
    Perhaps not for you, but it is for me. Most of my feds use the defiant, which can cloak, & my cruisers & sci vessels use mes. I know they are aware of the issue, but come on already... all we get is more fluff in the c-store for them to make $, instead of spending $ to fix the game. How many times has your mouse disappeared off of your screen in combat- been over a year now on that one. How many times are you having to click on something, ie your rifle, hazard emitters, full impulse, etc... in order to get it to work? Ever done the Cure? Know what a Borg "beamin" is? I certainly do not. Try running past the stupid gates, after you got respawned way back, instead of where you're supposed to, without cloaking. Glitch after glitch after glitch & no end in sight,,, but they have time to fix the spots on a Trills' neck? Get your priorities straight... you are buying into the company BS that's it's ongoing & developing. The priority here is Cryptic has thousands of dissatisfied customers & instead of fixing the game they put out more fluff, that just adds more glitches.

So what you're wanting is for them to take the artists off what they're doing and assign them to fix the uncloaking bug?

Well I vote they keep assigning resources that make sense while you keep complaining that your pet bugs aren't fixed yet. ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Wow man, take it easy...Submit the ticket, wait for a response

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! You are funny. I have been sending tickets since this started and only the canned reply. Lately every decloak gets a ticket.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Borthan wrote:

Okay can tell your very mad, sorry I know the issue is a pain. The C-Store stuff is made by the artists not programmers, I don't think they could assist with the programing issues.

The non-activation of abilities was broken, then fixed, then broken again. I know they know of this as well and are trying to find what broke it again.

Never did the cure, had infected on farm for a while, but have never been much of a PVE guy, more of a PVP player. The Spots are again a artist issue not a programing issue.
    It was stated that they are aware of the issue, and that it's going to take a while to fix, it also may take extreme measures to fix. Not much else a player can do but deal with it or leave the game and play something else.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    So it all comes down to "the brass tacs"... stop putting out fluff & dedicate a much larger staff to fixing the game. It is TRIBBLE to think that playing a bugged game is normal- guess my MMO rookiness is showing. If i could give up the game I would have, but not knowing what I was doing, I bought the lifetime subscription from these guys & feel seriously ripped off. I am from a generation that did not buy shoddy products, & if you put out shoddy products & had terrible customer service record, as Cryptic does, they would have gone out of business because no one would have bought their products. Guess I'm a dinosaur. What I do know is I will never buy another Cryptic product & will never recommend these guys to anyone.
    Finnaly, I have seen this too many times in these threads, it's about the thread subject & not me.