Install Arc
Options

engineering report

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    dstahl wrote: »
    This turned out to be a far nastier sickness than expected. I ended up in sickbay over the holidays and just got okied to return to duty yesterday.

Word to the wise - don't ignore an ear infection. They can turn into nasty business.

Btw... the entire team is finally back in action today after the holiday break and we're all catching up and prepping our next updates.

You can expect a good deal of information from me (including the Ask Cryptic and Missing Engineering Report) this week.

In short - we're still here - and sorry for the silence over the last few weeks (and trust me hospitals aren't as much fun as they picture them on Star Trek).

Welcome back!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    In short - we're still here - and sorry for the silence over the last few weeks (and trust me hospitals aren't as much fun as they picture them on Star Trek).

I had a family member in hospital over the holidays so I know where you're coming from. Welcome back! Glad you are feeling better.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    This turned out to be a far nastier sickness than expected. I ended up in sickbay over the holidays and just got okied to return to duty yesterday.

Word to the wise - don't ignore an ear infection. They can turn into nasty business.

Btw... the entire team is finally back in action today after the holiday break and we're all catching up and prepping our next updates.

You can expect a good deal of information from me (including the Ask Cryptic and Missing Engineering Report) this week.

Glad you're feeling better! And you're right--hospitals are not fun!! Last time I caught a cold, it turned into bronchitis and then into congestive heart failure , a big scare, and a stay in hospital.

Looking forward to your updates when you get to them--don't push yourself, we'll be here and the game will be here.
  • Options
    edited January 2011

SQUEEEE HE'S BACK! *HUGGLES*
  • Options
    edited January 2011

I had a fam member who almost died because he ignored an ear infection that turned into meningitis so I'm glad that you are doing ok. WB :)
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Good to see you back in action dstahl and I'm looking forward to read all the information you will give us (news about the Foundry in the other thread gave me the same feeling as a child has the day before christmas).
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Whoo! Glad you are ok now.

Can't wait for the info, can't wait for the updates! Excitement!! :D
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Welcome back D-Man!
  • Options
    edited January 2011

No, not fun. Especially with new baby's first Christmas. Glad your back and feeling better. I for one like your penchant for communication, but family time during the holidays and good health kinda trumps my need for news on AGT uniforms and Vulcan ships.
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Glad you're back and on the mend! My son just got over an ear infection, and I know how bad it made him feel.

Hang in there!
  • Options
    edited January 2011

I knew Dr. McCoy would pull dstahl through his time of sickness.;)
    Good to see you back Dan.:)
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Glad to have you back, fleet admiral!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    wrote:

So there were no hot redheads or hazelnut-eyed Sudanese-British doctors?
    Probably just some bald guy with bad bedside manners...
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Probably just some bald guy with bad bedside manners...
    lol.

Shame the EMH doesn't exist in real life....Dstahl would be back to full health in a shorter time.
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Garlic Oil. Trust me.
    3 drops in the ear twice daily. Let stand for 1 minute then drain.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    MGDawson wrote: »
    lol.

Shame the EMH doesn't exist in real life....Dstahl would be back to full health in a shorter time.

Or the ECH! To take over his duties while he was on bed rest!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Welcome back, Dan! Glad to hear you're better.

My daughter just finally got over a nasty ear infection, so I completely relate.

Now that you're back, what are the odds of V'ger making an appearance in the game this year? I can tell by your avatar that you want it to happen just as much as some of the players.
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Glad your feeling better.

And the team deserved a holiday!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    (and trust me hospitals aren't as much fun as they picture them on Star Trek).

yeah. I got hit by a car on my scooter last month and spent 2 weeks there with a broken leg.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    glad dstahl is back with us. my nephew had an ear infection in both ears over Christmas so its not good.
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Dude - NEVER ignore an ear infection. They CAN lead to serious brain injury and many other nasty things. Glad to hear you got over it with no lasting effects.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    In Test server are avalibe a Vulcan ships now? Anyone have any info about that?
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Your back!!!!!!!!
    *hug*!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Ok, the holidays are over. Everyone is back to work. Where is that engineering report? :D
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    dstahl said it should be this week.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Ok, the holidays are over. Everyone is back to work. Where is that engineering report? :D

Ye Ghods, impatient much?

They JUST got back to work this week and are getting up to speed, dstahl is by all reports STILL not 100% over whatever it was he had, and you're here demanding a engineering report? Usually takes mopre than two days to get up to speed after a major holiday - or aren't you actually employed in that kind of a position?

I had a supervisor pull that once on my team. We complained to HIS boss. He didn't bother us after that.

Give 'em time to get it all together. If it's not here by Friday, THEN start demanding. Then, at least it'd be somewhat reasonable. Right now, no. Just, no.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Callasan wrote: »
    Ye Ghods, impatient much?

They JUST got back to work this week and are getting up to speed, dstahl is by all reports STILL not 100% over whatever it was he had, and you're here demanding a engineering report? Usually takes mopre than two days to get up to speed after a major holiday - or aren't you actually employed in that kind of a position?

I had a supervisor pull that once on my team. We complained to HIS boss. He didn't bother us after that.

Give 'em time to get it all together. If it's not here by Friday, THEN start demanding. Then, at least it'd be somewhat reasonable. Right now, no. Just, no.

Relax dude, it wasn't a demand, it was a query, With a smiley face to boot. :D
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Smiley faces are most threatening this time of the year.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Acceleron wrote:
    Smiley faces are most threatening this time of the year.

You mean like this?? :):):D;)
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    sry, double post