Install Arc
Options

engineering report

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    dstahl wrote: »
    [*]Private Mission Instance Queue System (Fleet Actions, Episodes, PVP etc - think Dungeon Finder meets Skirmish system)

All good stuff, but since I recently noticed this specific question asked a few days ago, I thought I'd ask for clarification. In addition to what was mentioned for the private mission queue system will the STFs also be an option there? I'm assuming that's what the "etc" means, however you know what happens once people start assuming things ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Altexist wrote: »
    You’re sick?!? HOW DARE YOU!!!!!

Typical upper management.....always laying down on the job.:D
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Sorry folks...

The illness is still plaguing me and I'm stuck at home on some heavy meds. Dr. expects me to be back to work Monday.

[/List]

I feel ya Stahl.....i was up all night myself praying to the porcelain gods. And no, this was not self induced!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Dstahl,
    I, like you have fallen victum to the same terrible illness you have come down with.
    The main thing to remember is that you are not alone!!!
    Here is a website which helped me http://www.manflu.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=27

Hope it helps you too!

Get well soon.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Hey Dstahl,

Is it possible with the next engineering report, you could maybe give us pictures on how the Gorn update is going? The last one we got is really old and I'm sure it's gone through some changes.:o:)

and get better! Whose going to keep V'ger from wiping us all out with you gone:D
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    dstahl, thank you for the partical. get well soon. esp before xmas weekend. try not to pass off to the family esp new baby.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Sorry to hear you're not well DStahl, hope it clears up soon!

but in the meantime.. did i miss a memo? no-one else seems to have noticed this...

In Testing
    These items are currently being tested on either an internal test shard or on TRIBBLE/REDSHIRT

whats REDSHIRT? another test shard? :eek: anyone have any info on this?
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Shingi wrote:
    whats REDSHIRT? another test shard? :eek: anyone have any info on this?
    Redshirt's the in-house test server where they do all their internal testing before releasing it to Tribble for open testing or live to Holodeck. It's where the Foundry Alpha testers were testing UGC before it went into Open Beta on Tribble.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    aaah thank you :)

I wasnt in the foundry alpha, so i've not seen the term used at all before.

makes me wonder, is there a private drinks cabinet somewhere in the cryptic offices called ten forward?
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Sorry folks...

The illness is still plaguing me and I'm stuck at home on some heavy meds. Dr. expects me to be back to work Monday.

In the meantime - here's a brief look at what's in testing and what's in development... but consider this an early draft until I can post the official report Monday.

Take it easy Danial, this game has leapt & bounded forward under your direction, if you get replaced or demoted due to ineficiency, this game will lose it's momentum, and nobody wants that.
    Well, except for all those naysayers here in the forums and on Facebook who are under the employ of your competitors, but they suck.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Sorry folks...

In the meantime - here's a brief look at what's in testing and what's in development... but consider this an early draft until I can post the official report Monday.

Thanks for the update Dstahl - here's something to cheer you up :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXLHWmjA5IE&feature=related
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Sorry folks...

*cranks the Medical Phaser to Heavy Cure*

Now hold still this time...
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Matt keeps getting work piled on his queue and he keeps yelling at me saying he'll never get the Gorn finished if we don't stop bugging him. We are planning to release the Gorn no later than the end of January (else Matt push me out the airlock).

Kinda still hoping you get time to finish hair tech
    My Female Caitian needs long hair :p
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Sorry folks...

When you're sick - recuperate, don't stress out over work (Hell, I was sick last week and did some Foundry craetion on Tribble; but that was after two days of feeling like utter, utter TRIBBLE) - but, especially if you're on meds from a doctor, you SHOULD be resting - not making an Engineering Report. (Or reading this post) -- Get well first. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Sorry folks...

Captain Dstahl,

Your medical officer has ordered you to get some rest. If you don't, he may choose to relieve you of duty.

We appreciate your dedication. We look forward to your return on Monday.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Sorry folks...

In Testing
    These items are currently being tested on either an internal test shard or on TRIBBLE/REDSHIRT
    • Foundry: Mission Creation Tools
    • Borg and Aegis Loot Sets - Special items that visually alter the look of your ship as well as offer set bonuses. Borg set will be earned by completing STF's, Aegis is high end craftable.
    • Klingon Ships: Nausicaan Guramba Siege Destroyer
    • New Playable Vulcan Ship
    • TNG: All Good Things Uniform
    • ST: The Motion Picture Uniform
    • Tribble Test Weekend Rewards
    • Additional Season 3 bug fixes and updates

In Development
    These items are actively being worked on by the at this time
    • Feature Episode Series 3
    • Private Mission Instance Queue System (Fleet Actions, Episodes, PVP etc - think Dungeon Finder meets Skirmish system)
    • Ship Crew Management System (includes previous First Officer Design)
    • New Ground Combat v 2.0 - major update to weapons and a new over shoulder aim and shoot (optional) reticle system
    • New Running, Sprinting, and 8 direction of movement animations
    • New craftable consumable items
    • New Gorn customization options
    • More Updated Loading Screens
    • Imroved Sector Space Map
    • New Earth Spacedock Exterior and Interior
    • Andorian Playable Ship
    • Ongoing support for new Foundry features and updates (see the State of the Foundry in the Beta for\ums)
    • Replayable Remastered Episodes (A new any level version of some of your favorite episodes featuring new surprises)

*points at sig*

*points at most recent Ask Cryptic*

Listed as In Development, or not? and why?
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Probably because what's in your sig is somewhere on his priority list just slightly under making Pakleds just as fat as they were in the TV show. Not to mention your sig quote is from someone under him while his list is off the top of his head as he chills out on the couch with a box of tissues. In order to come up with a full engineering report, he is going to have to get into work and speak with the individual team leaders at their studio.

But regardless:
    Personal niggles < Stuff everyone else wants.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [*]Additional Season 3 bug fixes and updates

[*]Replayable Remastered Episodes (A new any level version of some of your favorite episodes featuring new surprises)
    [/List]

- generally it would be intresting to know more about what Bugfixes are on the to do list (only so that we can stop filing bug reports about allready known stuff)

- Replayable Remastered Episodes
    are those going to REPLACE the existing episodes or are they only for the Episode Replay feature?

i very much hope the first, i'm just leveling up another char and if you do the Weekly Series as soon as possible then you outlevel the *old* content very fast.

I also would hope that Foundry Content (whenever the foundry goes live) will only have Mobs that are level agnostic.
    So we can make our Storys playable for everyone.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Would LOVE to know if the "Ship Crew Management System" includes anything even vaguely like what Levi99 proposed in his thread "Bridge Officer Story Arcs System Proposal (WITH ILLUSTRATIONS" because if you can't include more mini-games to help get rid of the horrible press-f syndrome, the least you can do is give my BOs more depth in stories.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Though all looks good to one degree or another...Remastered Episodes: BRILLIANT!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Sorry folks...

No full report yet. That means you are not better yet dstahl?
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    i havent seen him on all day so i assume he still sick. hope he gets better before thursday so he can enjoy his christmas with his family. i dont understand why another person that works there cant post it.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    The Engineering Reports have been Dan's baby since before he took over the EP position. Besides he usually likes to write up a nice overview to go with it which I don't think anyone else can really do. Dan's very hands on. Besides, I'd much rather wait for him to get better.

I thinks it's funny how much the devs spoil us with development info. In another MMO I also play, we're lucky if we hear about a feature two weeks before it launches. There, we don't hear anything about a feature until it's completely locked down and they have a set date for launch.

I like STO's way better, it's more engaging.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    thats why i dont play any other game. i like the communication the only other game that i noticed comes close is the one for kids called runescape.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I hope Dan Stahl is alive I have not seen him put the Official Engineering Thread? and on that Engineering thread I have not heard anything about the BO Exchange/Training system ?
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Not only is (was) he sick, but it is the Holidays. ;)

He did put out a rough draft of an Engineering report. I can wait until after the Holidays to read a full one.

After that, it's open season. :D
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Is the Vulcan ship already on Tribble :confused:
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I love what I see.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    soriedem wrote: »
    Captain Dstahl,

Your medical officer has ordered you to get some rest. If you don't, he may choose to relieve you of duty.

We appreciate your dedication. We look forward to your return on Monday.

This turned out to be a far nastier sickness than expected. I ended up in sickbay over the holidays and just got okied to return to duty yesterday.

Word to the wise - don't ignore an ear infection. They can turn into nasty business.

Btw... the entire team is finally back in action today after the holiday break and we're all catching up and prepping our next updates.

You can expect a good deal of information from me (including the Ask Cryptic and Missing Engineering Report) this week.

In short - we're still here - and sorry for the silence over the last few weeks (and trust me hospitals aren't as much fun as they picture them on Star Trek).
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    This turned out to be a far nastier sickness than expected. I ended up in sickbay over the holidays and just got okied to return to duty yesterday.

Word to the wise - don't ignore an ear infection. They can turn into nasty business.

Btw... the entire team is finally back in action today after the holiday break and we're all catching up and prepping our next updates.

You can expect a good deal of information from me (including the Ask Cryptic and Missing Engineering Report) this week.

In short - we're still here - and sorry for the silence over the last few weeks (and trust me hospitals aren't as much fun as they picture them on Star Trek).

Welcome back, Dan, hope that all is better with you! Glad to hear you're feeling well again.

Keep up the great work, we appreciate all that you do!
    -Big Red