test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Warping to Sector Space - SERVER NOT RESPONDING

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited December 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Has anyone else suffered this issue? I'm online just fine, ping tests to a list of servers around the country show normal, yet about 1 out of 10 times I get SERVER NOT RESPONDING when loading after warping to sector space and there isn't anything I can do except either watch the counter climb or use task manager to close the game. It is becoming very frustrating.

Anything anyone can suggest that I can do on my side to avoid or solve this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for your time!

Six
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    sound like your in the United States becasue you siad counrty try the Options tap at sign on and change it to US Proxy . The EU Proxy is full of bugs . If that don't help well try defrag scan disk becasue you got a virus or a hard drive that looks like 9 11
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Borg3of5 wrote:
    sound like your in the United States becasue you siad counrty try the Options tap at sign on and change it to US Proxy . The EU Proxy is full of bugs . If that don't help well try defrag scan disk becasue you got a virus or a hard drive that looks like 9 11

lol, well I'll try the US proxy suggestion (thank you for that) since I am indeed in the States, but the problem possibly being attributed to a fragmented hard drive or a virus is pretty vague unless I have a unique fragmentation and/or virus that only affects STO. I defrag once a week on all my active drives and haven't had a virus since Winblows ME. And everything else I do is pretty much problem-free.

Nope, it's a specific issue under specific conditions and isn't consistent. I'll do the US proxy thing and post back my results if conclusive, since it happens infrequently.

Six
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    There is a known bug in Season 3 for "Server Not Responding" timeouts that Cryptic has just finished debugging for a fix: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?p=3229722#post3229722