test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

server not responding .. season 3

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited December 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
been playing as normal after season 3 patch however when i exit a mission map i get server not responding which seems to go indefinately... have let it get up to 890 seconds then i just cant take anymore and have to force close the game.. one off i could handle but its every time i try to exit a mission after completion.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    correction i have just let it get up to 1243 seconds whilst posting this thread
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    has now happened whilst trying to enter a new zone also.. this is rediculous
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Same here. The very issue I bug reported while it was on tribble as well. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Server not responding error on trying to enter my own bridge.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Same here,had the same problem on tribble. Is it the fact that only 1 server is available????
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I tried to point this out back on tribble too. Kinda hard to play when the server isn't responding. Look Devs, if you're reading this, I know this is a new patch and all but this the the 3rd of said patches you should have been ready for this especially considering the problem appeared on tribble too.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    it does appear to be the same issue on tribble.

tribble might have been a lack of server power and today might just be lots of people hitting it and the large number of changes (remember season 2 was a bit of a mess a few days after they patched)

hopefully it will either get better or they can do some tweaking later.

if its an actual bug though, then thats is annoying that its gone from tribble to holodeck when most people had posted about it already.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I have had this happen four times today while trying to load a map or leave a map.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Having the same problem....kinda annoying
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Happening for me too... I assumed this was just an issue with tribble. However I would say this looks like a bug.

Not sure if there getting much data on this as your pretty much forced to force end the process.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    mine not responding either i spend a hour downloading a 2gig patch to find half the stuff on the crafting not there the borg upgrade i heard been pulled to and now the server crashed gr8 work as usual
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Any chance someone from Cryptic might care to say something on the current issue.....

I dont think i'll be holding my breath :(
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Same problem here.

I thought they would have fixed it. I bet they just thought it was too many people on the tribble server and not a bug.

Although it not a serious bug it really annoying.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Same problem here as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    to give this some acuteness (:)): same here
    (playin from germany, havin the problem with EU, US and no proxy)
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Its annoying yes, but it hasn't changed my mind about upgrading to the Life-time sub next week. I'm just finished Uni today for the holidays, raced back, downloaded the patch and spent 10 mins running around Spacedock not feeling like a chain-smoking Science Officer like before. Nicely done Cryptic.
    Sector Space looks amazing, so much has been improved and this is just the beginning. I'm currently writing this while i have a 'server not responding' message. I expect problems, i played Wow for 5 years, MMO's will have issues after major content updates, its a fact of life. But these will get amended and soon. Have a little faith and things will be sorted soon. Remember, this is still the first year, the fact is things are moving in a positive way compared to 10 months ago.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    In the process of a server not responding error now.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Exact same bug as found on tribble weeks ago. So my actual gameplay is broken now. New content could be awesome if it didn't kill the game. Just great.

Look at this thread. http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=190599. This was a known issue!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Been talking about this bug as well.
    Everyone know about it, but they still released it.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    this bug is still here cryptic!!!:mad:
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Since Cryptic has this inexplicable habit of releasing major patches on Thursday, I wouldn't expect to hear back from them until Monday at the earliest. This issue has been on Tribble forever and despite many bug reports, still made it through to Holodeck.

This needs to be fixed because it is a bit of a gamebreaker and makes it damned near impossible to keep a group together since everyone has to stop whatever they are doing until the missing person can log back in.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Third time it has happened to me today.

This is honestly nuts.

I thought part of the reason for a pay-to-play game was the higher quality.

I have never seen a game with this many bugs.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Server Not Responding for me yesterday too.... at one point I got the message, took out the trash etc, then when I came back it was at 1500+ seconds.

Seriously, how many days has this not been fixed?
    I rarely complain about bugs, I just carry on playing, but this bug right here is getting pathetic.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I had no problems till yesterday,a few of the things I encountered yesterday:

Server not responding (I always get disconnected after 120 sec) while entering a map.(entered Deferi Outpost 3 with 3 fleetmates....we all got disconnected at the same time:eek:)

Severe lag at ESD and only at ESD. (Memory Alpha is also a bit laggy,but that's to be expected with the changes to crafting:))

Stuck in 'Sector' space in the Exploration Clusters,engines to full but stuck at zero speed. (happened to me twice on two different toons......is Q playing tricks again?:rolleyes:)

And one case of one hell of a rubberband,it put me back at least 10 seconds.:eek: (again in Exploration Cluster space,not in a mission map)

Beside from this I have no lag,rubberbanding or disconnects.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Before season 3 came along

I never got "server not responding"...ever....since season 3 hit....i get it all the time...at random

Thanks season 3..........

<end of infomercial>
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Still getting it................
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Shawkorrr wrote: »
    Still getting it................

And again.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I have stopped playing STO completely now because of it...

This bug is 100% game breaking!!! :mad:
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Howdy. My first post to forums, and possibly my last. I had downloaded the demo from Steam and was playing the first demo mission (freighter rescue) when this "server not responding" thing happened as I tried to beam back to my ship.

I was interested and seriously considering subscribing, but not if this is a known, persistent bug. I suggest you fix this pronto, as I've no doubt you're losing accounts over it. I'll restart and give it another go, but I if see this again today, you do not get my money.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Finally got the demo all downloaded, and patched, and when i go to play all i see is 'server not responding...'. I'm still on the USS Khitomer and i'm lucky if i get 1 minute of play time, before my guy starts jumping around and get the server not responding. I was seriously considering getting a LTS when i first started downloading the demo, but i think i'm going to have to pass, unfortunately.