test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to change outfit in 'Off Duty' slot in any way

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited November 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
My Orion toon is unable to change anything in the 'off duty' slot, the one slot where some interesting combinations are actually possible. Annoying. :mad:

EDIT: I also cannot load *any* saved uniform sets in that slot, including a save of what was there before. Nada.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Could you PM me the character's name (maybe mention the Off Duty slot so I don't forget why I'm getting the character's name!) so I can see if there's something funky going on?
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Had exactly the same problem late last night. At work so have not tried today yet.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Terramak wrote:
    Could you PM me the character's name (maybe mention the Off Duty slot so I don't forget why I'm getting the character's name!) so I can see if there's something funky going on?

This is a KDF only problem. More info here.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=182124
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    As I mentioned in the thread Sabre9 linked, the Off-Duty slot shouldn't exist for the Klingon faction (per my knowledge of how it was implemented, at least). If there's stuff you can only get through that slot, then there may be a problem with individual uniform pieces as well.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Terramak wrote:
    As I mentioned in the thread Sabre9 linked, the Off-Duty slot shouldn't exist for the Klingon faction (per my knowledge of how it was implemented, at least). If there's stuff you can only get through that slot, then there may be a problem with individual uniform pieces as well.

Well it worked just fine and allowed many interesting combinations until a few days ago.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Funky. What kind of unique combinations? Might help me track down what's supposed to / not supposed to be there, and whether it should be reviewed. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    There's nothing 'new' that's unlocked, it's just far more flexible in allowing you to mix and match options.

Orion Bikini without the loincloth, for example.

The "armour" overlays that were recently added are a seperate option, rather than picked from the first pull-down menu.

Basically, more of the kind of options and combinations many of us want all around (For all characters), not removed. :\
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Orion Bikini without the loincloth, for example.

The "armour" overlays that were recently added are a seperate option, rather than picked from the first pull-down menu.

Basically, more of the kind of options and combinations many of us want all around (For all characters), not removed. :\

Yes indeed. Also I had a rather groovy 'Klingon Leather' + 'Armour' (the straps look interesting) + Orion High Collar + Klingon Loincloth (strips) + Bikini bottom (i,e, bare legs) + Spikey Boots + Orion Wrist and Upper Arm + Orion rounded shoulders... looked great :D
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Terramak wrote:
    Funky. What kind of unique combinations? Might help me track down what's supposed to / not supposed to be there, and whether it should be reviewed. :)

Thing is, NOTHING works. NO change sticks. Not even adjusting arm or leg length, or skin color, or anything basic.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Personally i think all the slots should be opened up so one can customize to ones heart content.
    I have yet to run into any clothing combination that is buggy with the Off Duty slot.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Well as of today it seems I can now alter my toon in that slot... however it is now a 'normal' uniform slot and none of the interesting combinations are now possible. Alas, this is most undesirable. :(
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    having the same bug wit my orion caracter, i just Cant change cloth or arms leight, posture etc.. (the offduty or second slot one as the third is my fleet uniform) i do the change and it goes back as before, or sometime its stay and then i click purchase and the credit r not taken and no change has been done...
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    evilhippo wrote: »
    Well as of today it seems I can now alter my toon in that slot... however it is now a 'normal' uniform slot and none of the interesting combinations are now possible. Alas, this is most undesirable. :(

And now yet again the slot is *completely* frozen up... cannot make any changes whatsoever once more.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Still not fixed
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    A patch comes and goes... but alas this is still not fixed
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Still broken :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    evilhippo wrote: »
    Still broken :rolleyes:

Yea I am sorry this sounds so sarcatic but stuff like this is what is annoying to people here on sto , ya'll fix things that arent broken like running motions, and stuff that is broken doesnt get fixed like the offduty uniform for the orions , mine is not working eather omg i realy just dont get it .
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Yea I am sorry this sounds so sarcatic but stuff like this is what is annoying to people here on sto , ya'll fix things that arent broken like running motions, and stuff that is broken doesnt get fixed like the offduty uniform for the orions , mine is not working eather omg i realy just dont get it .

Yep. Are people putting in bug reports with each new patch that it isn't fixed?

"But KDF aren't supposed to have..."

Until KDF has somewhere near the content of Feds, the above quote is invalid. We deserve any new/different content we get, no matter how small, even if it wasn't intended, until where we're "supposed" to be. Which isn't here yet. I don't even care so much about this particular issue anymore, but it's the principle of the thing - don't take stuff away from KDF until KDF has the proper amount of content.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Sabre9 wrote:
    Yep. Are people putting in bug reports with each new patch that it isn't fixed?

Of course ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    The slot should be activated or removed. Intentional or not, and how exactly did this get activated unintentionally(?), it looks bad to have a system in the game that just doesn't function. You know, like Klingon tricorders.

And the whole 'whoops you guys aren't supposed to have that, let alone have it function' thing...' :(