test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fix the "unstoppable NPC groups" please... I'm very upset.

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited August 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
So today, random exploration in Delta Volanis (trying to get accolades and DXP). I'm armed and equipped to the teeth with B'Tran equipment, mind you. I'm playing Advanced (which I always do) - not even Elite.

I beam down to scan probe fragmants and some random alien race is there to stop me. They flat out wipe my team's a$$ repeatedly, I can stand there and in 2 seconds... literallty say one, then say two, and I'm already Incapacitated with my shields and health GONE. And imagine my entire away team pretty much being obliterated. I was able to run around the enemies and scan the probes and get out of there, whew.

Next mission I beam down to a base and Nausicaans are there. Repeat story #1 but even worse. I'm suppoed to defeat the enemy squads but I barely beat squad one and then Squad 2 just kills me, same way - I'm up one sec, down 2 seconds later. Literally, I feel like I'm wearing paper.

I beam up and drop the mission. Get an Aid the Planet mission next so yay, DXP. Then the next mission beams me down to a base to check some consoles and there are Klingons there.

Guess what? THat's right - utter and total obliteration. My whole team, again is utterly annihilated and I have no chance of winning what so ever. After having my a$$ handed to me 3 times in a row in short order I beam up, drop the mission, tell my Fleet I have to go I'm slightly upset, and /logout before I got to the point I was going to throw something at the monitor.

Since I have played well over a month of Advanced missions I know the difficulty and I don't know what the hell this was. I guess I could lower the difficulty to normal but COME ON, Advanced should not be Elite +
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i agree totally..

i was so upset when i first incountered this. You cant win these anymore.. not without dieing and respawning a million times. Takes hours to beat one mission. I just drop them. no fun at all. :(
  • Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Delta Volanis is the worst area of the game to do Advanced/Elite Ground. It's almost always 1... 2... you and your entire team are dead, assuming you lasted that long. It's been this way since the Difficulty Slider was introduced.... on Tribble.