test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Ground] Transporter Fed animation badly timed

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited August 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Bug ID #781468

So basically, the way the transporter animation is done, we presently see our character tap over their combadges while they are teleporting.

That's not how it should be done.

The characters should tap on their combadges, and then they should teleport out. Ideally, they should talk too, make a speech emote asking to be beamed up and such... but seriously, I'd settle for seeing the combadge tapped on first, and then the transporter special FX.

Thanks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    This is a gameplay bug thread I brought up this weekend and an enduring issue for some time in STO. I'm making a bump so to give it more visibility now that we're at the start of the week.

Please comment away if you'd also support the animators finally fixing this discrepancy.
  • Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I've noticed a fix on this recently snuck up on the Holodeck shard.

Camera movement, then combadge animation, pause, transporter effect.

I appreciate the effort, but it looks a little awkward.

My suggestion: have the start of the camera movement and the combadge animation closely tied together so that by the moment the camera views the front of the character, the user already sees the hand tapping over the combadge.Then, a small pause followed with the transporter effect.

This may help with the awkwardness, making the sequence of event feel less disjointed, more fluid.

Also, during this, my bridge officers do not necessarily need to go through any animations themselves short of just standing still. After all, the user's character is probably the one who'd be saying "<shipname>, five to beam up," so the bridge officers don't need to go through the combadge emote/transporter animation either.