test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Divergent mob scaling and the hilarious consequence thereof

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited July 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Firstly... the new Klingon missions are almost great. Almost. But they actually fail for the simple reason that the enemy does not scale to level and that means (1) the missions are absurdly simple unless you just happen to be the correct level (2) they have no replay value for the same reason...

But I filed this as a bug report, not feedback so...

In Blood of the Empire, the enemy do not scale to level...

However... allied Klingon mobs do!

As a result, when you see the enemy, if you look VERY FAST, you might catch a brief glimpse of them in the distance (both space and ground) before any nearby allies blow the living TRIBBLE out them before you even have time to look at your space bar, let alone press it to fire any weapons.

To all intents and purposes, you, the players character, are completely superfluous to the orbital defence of the Homeworld and defence of the Great Halls of Qon'noS, because the formidable KDF is handing the Fek'lhri their arses with such ferocity and speed that as soon as you beam down, you might as well just leave those weapons holstered and head over to the bar and see if that cute Green Orion chick is there because you and your away teams are totally surplus to requirements :D

And THAT, my chums, must surely be a bug :rolleyes:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    evilhippo wrote: »
    Firstly... the new Klingon missions are almost great. Almost. But they actually fail for the simple reason that the enemy does not scale to level and that means (1) the missions are absurdly simple unless you just happen to be the correct level (2) they have no replay value for the same reason...

But I filed this as a bug report, not feedback so...

In Blood of the Empire, the enemy do not scale to level...

However... allied Klingon mobs do!

As a result, when you see the enemy, if you look VERY FAST, you might catch a brief glimpse of them in the distance (both space and ground) before any nearby allies blow the living TRIBBLE out them before you even have time to look at your space bar, let alone press it to fire any weapons.

To all intents and purposes, you, the players character, are completely superfluous to the orbital defence of the Homeworld and defence of the Great Halls of Qon'noS, because the formidable KDF is handing the Fek'lhri their arses with such ferocity and speed that as soon as you beam down, you might as well just leave those weapons holstered and head over to the bar and see if that cute Green Orion chick is there because you and your away teams are totally surplus to requirements :D

And THAT, my chums, must surely be a bug :rolleyes:

Hum i do not remember any mission matching my level but the Exploration one. All other mission if i am at RA 5 and it was supposed to be done at Captain lvl will stay at that lvl. That include the enemy and most of time the loot.... the only strange thing is in the aid planet i always get gift at the end one level above me. I am at RA5 and i get item make MK XI for VA.
  • Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Diomasach wrote: »
    Hum i do not remember any mission matching my level but the Exploration one. All other mission if i am at RA 5 and it was supposed to be done at Captain lvl will stay at that lvl. That include the enemy and most of time the loot.... the only strange thing is in the aid planet i always get gift at the end one level above me. I am at RA5 and i get item make MK XI for VA.

I think you have misunderstand the issues here...

1. Klingons have eight PvE missions. That's it. So we need to be able to do them a few times and that means they need to scale.

2. the bug report bit and the main issue of this post...the allied Klingons (both ship in orbit and troops on the ground) *are* scaling to me... the enemy are *not*...

...as a result, the allied NPCs are vastly more powerful...

...and therefore they are massacring the enemy NPCs so fast that I only managed to get any space combat by full impulsing to get in well front of any allies before they blow the enemy to bits...

... and once I beamed down with my team, I *literally* did not get a single shot off until the very end because the NPC Klingons wiped the Fek'lhri out so fast that I might as well have not bothered un-holstering my weapons. I only actually got to fight on the ground in the final stage where I have to help defend the High Council in the Great Halls of Qo'noS.

I actually first reported all this on Tribble.