test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Big lag and Rubberbanding issues with new patch

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited July 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I'm getting a lot of lag and rubber banding issues now since loading into the game with this new patch especially in space dock, but it's still bad else where. Anyone got news on this issue or a dev responding?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Ditto, please have this looked at. I am trying to "recruit a friend" and server performance is terrible right now. We can't do those low level missions. I'm having a hard time fully explaining that this isn't normal. Potential subscriber here...
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Mhmm... heared complaining about lag und rubberbanding myself a lot since the new patch.
    Only time I experienced real lag and rubberbanding was right after the servers were up again at Earth Spacedock and a little bit on Vulcan, where I did my first diplomacy mission.

Since then I wasn't be at Spacedock again yet, but today I did some missions without any lag or rubberband issues on both Fed and Klingon side.

I'm not implying it's an issue on your end. Just saying, I did not had any problems today. Connecting from Germany by the way (maybe it's a local issue with the server to other regions? Just guessing here).
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I've been rubber banding the most on Star Base 1. Could this be due to the ships outside the windows?

Awesome job on those ships btw!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    i was Rubberbanding a lot last night there too i have not been on yet to day is it still going on or has it been fixed yet
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    You may expect some lag and rubber banding for the next few days. As I mentioned yesterday, Season 2 is making changes to your characters when you first log in, which is causing lag in some highly populated areas. This should be resolved for the most part today, however, if lots of people are logging on to a character on the same map for the first time since season 2 launched, you may still notice some lag here or there.

Thanks,

Stormshade
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    StormShade wrote:
    You may expect some lag and rubber banding for the next few days. As I mentioned yesterday, Season 2 is making changes to your characters when you first log in, which is causing lag in some highly populated areas. This should be resolved for the most part today, however, if lots of people are logging on to a character on the same map for the first time since season 2 launched, you may still notice some lag here or there.

Thanks,

Stormshade

what exactly are these changes anyway?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Raso wrote:

cosutme stuff i know for sure.

my borg automatically got the laser inserted into the device on her head without me even having to go to the tailor to upgrade...little stuff from what i saw, but if you add all the people getting this completed, as storm said, it could cause a bit of lag.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Thanks, Storm. The thing is though, I get these issues out in Regulus Sector Block and Pi Canis. While these aren't the lowest-traffic areas, they're certainly lower than Sol, DS9 and such. I just wanted to clarify that.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Raso wrote:
    Growing hair in strange places, deepening of the voice...