test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ship weapons stop working

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited July 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
This is a problem I have had on two different systems and it usually happens in Deep Space Encounters though today it happened in a Romulan mission, the latter part of the Agrama mission (I don't recall the mission name). In DsE's, it most often happens in Zeta Andromedae. My ship weapons just stop working for a minute to three minutes and I do not have beam overload. I am not using it and I do not even have it.

Sometimes when this happens, the chat window pops up at the same time the weapons stop working. Sometimes closing the chat window returns the weapons, sometimes not. The only weapons not usually affected are mines. Also, when this happens in a DsE, I get a warning that seems to indicate I am at the edge of the map only I am not. It gives two options, "dismiss" and "warp". The only way to fix it is to leave the DsE.

I have reported this bug a couple of times in the game, but it has not been fixed. Has anyone else had this problem?

I don't know whether it might be related to the chat window sometimes popping up during a space battle and stealing focus. I have to reclaim focus by clicking outside the chat box.

Is there a way to keep the chat window from popping up like that?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    not as much a duration as you, but i get times for like 10 seconds where nothing seems to respond.
    i get no beam, nor any indication of me firing anything at the target.
    while not a bad thing, and not as in depth as yours, i chalk mine up to lag or some such space anomoly.
    although it is getting rather frequent as of late....
  • Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I had this happen to me yesterday in fact during a space explore mission. I would only fire weapons or use abilities by clicking on the icons, it was as if my keyboard was dead.

Relogging fixed it.