test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

HELP! New kind of problem with Starbase 24 Mission

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited July 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Hi all. I've read all about the problems and bugs that others have had with this mission, but I haven't experienced any of them. I haven't because I can't get the mission to start. I get the mission, warp to the correct sector and get the message that the starbase needs help. I click OK (or whatever the OK option was) and then nothing: I'm still sitting in the sector map waiting to drop out of warp next to the starbase. Any help that you can offer will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Wys_Druu wrote:
    Hi all. I've read all about the problems and bugs that others have had with this mission, but I haven't experienced any of them. I haven't because I can't get the mission to start. I get the mission, warp to the correct sector and get the message that the starbase needs help. I click OK (or whatever the OK option was) and then nothing: I'm still sitting in the sector map waiting to drop out of warp next to the starbase. Any help that you can offer will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Just accepting the mission only adds it to your journal. What you are hitting in sector space is a prompt for those who did not use the contact starfleet feature on the minimap. You need to head forward and enter the system that starbase 24 is in. Then you can play it.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Hi. Thanks for the replay. I AM in the sector where Starbase 24 is; I'm right next to it in the sector space map. However, I'm not getting any kind of prompt that will allow me to leave warp and enter normal space; I've tried clicking on the starbase; leaving the area and then setting course in the sector space map for starbase 24, and still no luck. When I'm in the sector space map next to the starbase the only prompt I get is to interact with a supply ship sitting next to the starbase in the sector map. I have yet to figure out how to get to the starbase in normal space. I hope that clears up what my problem is.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Wys_Druu wrote:
    Hi. Thanks for the replay. I AM in the sector where Starbase 24 is; I'm right next to it in the sector space map. However, I'm not getting any kind of prompt that will allow me to leave warp and enter normal space; I've tried clicking on the starbase; leaving the area and then setting course in the sector space map for starbase 24, and still no luck. When I'm in the sector space map next to the starbase the only prompt I get is to interact with a supply ship sitting next to the starbase in the sector map. I have yet to figure out how to get to the starbase in normal space. I hope that clears up what my problem is.

To be honest I have never experienced the problem that you described. If you are sitting on top of Starbase 24 and you get no prompt to enter it then you should drop a bug ticket. Personally I would try to restart the game if I had not already, then submit the bug ticket.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    So what level is your character??? You have to be at least Lt. 4 to enter the Starbase 24 Fleet action, but you will get the mission prompt for it at a lower level... If you are < Lt. 4, then just do something else to rank up, and come back later...
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I have a problem with Starbase 24

when i am inside a play a little STO crashes anyone else with this problem