test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Klingon Nebula Mission Bugs and Suggestions

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited July 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Klingon exploration missions and Federation exploration missions are in entirely different leagues. A lot more people are going to be playing these come season 2, and it isn't pretty what their reactions will likely be, especially if they never played KDF before.

There are certainly broken Fed missions, but the number of broken Klingon missions I come across easily outnumber them 10:1. Even some working ones don't reward you ANY SP for completion!

Worse yet, the user friendliness and consistency of even the missions which are in perfect working order ranges from bad to absolutely ****ing horrible.

First suggestion: Let us scan!

Here is a Klingon Tricorder.

Model this, and put it in the game as the emote that KDF members use while scanning groundside. Give it its own special sound effects, and flavor.

There are many missions where the ability to scan for mission objectives would be helpful. Most notably, the missions where you must run around in an empty outdoor area and destroy objects, whether they be tribbles, boxes of enemy supplies, or whatnot. These do not show up on scans, and therefore you must search for them by hand. If you use your map, there is usually (but not always) a path on the ground that will take you to each of them. Unfortunately, some maps are more difficult to navigate than others, and some are damned near impossible. For instance, a very dark outdoor map with thick green smoke and green specks of light floating in the air, while you search for a Borg device, the only easily visible portion of which is usually the muted green light on top of it. We should be able to whip out our Klingon tricorders and scan for these.

In space, this is usually significantly worse. There are missions where you must destroy a collection of spy satellites, or derelict vessels. These will have enemy groups next to them, but they cannot be scanned for, so if you get caught up in the moment, destroy the group, and move on to the next one, your chances of going back and actually locating that tiny thing in the middle of an asteroid field is VERY SMALL. Missing even ONE is an automatic failed mission and a bunch of wasted time. We need to be able to scan for these.

Now about the sectors themselves, second suggestion:

If something is not of interest to the empire, DON'T LET ME SCAN FOR IT AT ALL. This is a terrible design choice. It isn't so bad if I just get one of these, but it gets really irritating when I get 5 in a row and then some other person comes up and grabs the one I needed before I can reach it. Either make ALL anomalies lead to a mission, or give us crafting components please!

I prefer the latter, and I am sure many other people do as well.

This brings us to my third suggestion:

Put in a Klingon equivalent to Memory Alpha and let Klingons craft. Klingons have scientists and do research as well. We are Klingons! We are warriors, but we are not ignorant! Research and development of new technology gives us an edge in battle, and helps us achieve the honor of victory!

There are all sorts of other minor issues, but these are the primary ones that I believe, if addressed, would please a great many players.

That said, many missions, as I said above, are just plain broken. Since they are so numerous, I can't imagine they actually went through any sufficient amount of QA or bug testing, and it shows. With the new patching technology, I've decided I've had enough, so expect NUMEROUS bug reports here from me in this thread.

I will include the name of the mission, the sector I got it in, the type of mission it is, and the bug I encountered. Sometimes, the mission will not officially be put into my journal, and so in that case, I will list the system name alone.

Starting off:

Mission/System: YuQ Klavek bIng Dung Investigation
Sector: Eridon Nebula
Mission type: Ground combat, destroy 5 probe pieces.
Bug: The third piece (following the logical path) is non-targetable, making the mission non-completable.

Mission/System: YuQ chlS chorghvatlh wa'maH jav qab (I think it's spelled correctly)
Mission Type: Ground Combat, defeat 5 groups of enemies at a colony
Bug: Once on the ground, no mission pop-up is available, and enemies do not spawn. Not completable.

Mission/System:
Sector:
Mission Type:
Bug:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Another big big. i get tons of missions with double objectives...

i had one destroy 5 squads of enemies but it was spawning the wrong objectives. it would spawn bunches of tribbles and sometimes enemy squads as well and thee tribbles didnt count to the 5 squad kill count.

=/
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Mission/System: Hovtay' qIj Renarg vaghvatlh cha'maH wa' qIj
    Sector: Eridan Nebula
    Mission Type: Board a Klingon ship and destroy 5 consoles
    Bug: NO mission reward SP. Combined with the fact there are no enemies, and this is 5-10 minutes of completely wasted time.

Mission/System: Hovtay' vaghvatlh wa'maH loS poS nlH qlj (I think)
    Mission Type: Destroy 8 enemy squadrons (presumably)
    Bug: Upon entry, there is no officer report pop-up, and the mission does not initiate. enemies do not spawn. Non completable.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Mission/System: Hovtoy' chlS Dung qab nlH
    Mission Type: Destroy 5 satellites guarded by Romulan ships
    Bug: There is no officer pop-up introduction. This means the mission is never fully granted. The objectives can be completed, but there is NO SP mission reward!

Mission/System: Hovtay' wejvatlh chorghmaH wej qlj
    Mission Type: Enemy confrontation in space
    Bug: Upon entering, there is no officer pop-up introduction. The mission objective listed in the mission window is "Enemy Confrontation", but there are no enemies. Non-completable.

Mission/System: yuQ Dub chlS loScatlh javmaH chorgh
    Mission Type: Destroy 5 tribble colonies on a planetary surface
    Bug: All dialogue seems in place EXCEPT for the introductory dialogue upon beaming down. Since this seems to be what initiates the actual mission, although the objectives can be completed, there is no end mission SP reward. This is a waste of time as it stands.

Mission/System: Hovtay' loSvatlh HutmaH jav Hurgh Patrol
    Mission Type: Defeat 6 groups of Terran Empire ships
    Bug: There is no mission area outline on the mission map.

Mission/System: Hovtay' Doq wa'vatlh wa'maH chorgh
    Mission Type: Destroy 15 tribble filled domes/5 enemy squadrons
    Bug: There is no mission introduction pop-up upon entering. Classically, this means there is no SP reward as the mission is not officially initiated, but I didn't want to waste my time destroying all that stuff to find out. As far as I'm concerned, it's nearly guaranteed, but either way, it's missing the intro pop-up, and that is a large bug.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Mission/System: Hovtay' nlH chorghvatlh loSmaH jav wov
    Mission Type: Presumably enemy confrontation
    Bug: Upon entering, there is no mission introduction pop-up and no enemies. Objective is listed as "Enemy Confrontation". Not completable, empty map, non-starter.

Mission/System: Hovtay' Doq Marqagh SochmaH chorgh
    Mission Type: Destroy 5 derelict vessels
    Bug: Upon entering, there is no mission introduction pop-up. Enemies are present, but without introduction to initiate mission, there will be no mission SP reward.

Mission/System: YuQ Dung bIng vaghvatlh wa'maH vagh Investigation
    Mission Type: Destroy 4 pieces of a sattelite on a planetary surfamnce, then download data from the recorder
    Bug: Mission works perfectly fine, so this may be low priority. On the map, you need to destroy 4 pieces of debris to satisfy mission objectives, however, there are 5 present.

Mission/System: Hovtay' chlS Dung qab nlH
    Mission Type: Destroy 5 satellites
    Bug: Upon entering, there is no mission introduction pop-up. Enemies are present, but without introduction to initiate mission, there will be no mission SP reward.

Mission/System: Hovtay' chlS qul Dung
    Mission Type: Defeat 6 enemy squadrons
    Bug: Upon entering, there is no mission introduction pop-up and no enemies. Objective is listed as "Defeat Enemy Squadrons (0/6)". Not completable, empty map, non-starter.

Mission/System: YuQ chlS Molor SochmaH chorgh blng Dung
    Mission Type: Defeat 5 groups of invaders in a colony setting
    Bug: Upon beaming down, there is no mission introduction pop-up and no enemies. Objective is listed as "Defeat Invaders (0/5)", but no enemies spawn. Not completable, empty map, non-starter.

Mission/System: Hovtay' nlH blng wa'vatlh javmaH Hut
    Bug: Upon entering, there is no mission introduction pop-up and no enemies. Objective is listed as "Defeat Enemy Squadrons (0/6)". Not completable, empty map, non-starter.

Mission/System: hovtay' Dung nlH chorghvatlh wejmaH loS
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Mission/System: Hovtay' SuD Sompek qab wejmaH Soch wov
    Mission Type: Destroy 5 weapon cashes in an asteroid base
    Bug: No introduction pop-up upon beaming down to facility, no mission SP reward. The dialogue also needs to be checked, as it seems nonsensical to me:

Reya: Beginning sensor sweeps of the Hovtay' SuD Sompek qab wejmaH Soch wov system, Captain. There have been several reports of raider activity in this system...
    Reya: Sir, I've located a facility hidden in the asteroid belt. It looks abandoned, but I'm detecting traces of tachyon signatures. There has been a ship in this area recently. It could be a raider facility, Captain. Recommend that we approach and investigate. Approach and investigate base.

(So we're checking out a raider facility, okay!)

Reya: No lifesigns deteced, sir. However, there is a significant amount of interference -- I am unsure of what we will encounter once on the base.I have selected a beam down location. On your command, captain.Beam down and investigate base.

(No idea what's going on down there, okay let's check it out.)

Reya: This base contains an experimental transceiver designed to send large and complex datastreams over long distances. The Borg could use this to infect the entire Klingon Empire. Please, if you get this message, beam down and destroy any Borg technology you find. Do not let us go to the Barge of the Dead unavenged. Beam down and destroy Borg technology.

(Huh? Um okay, so not a raider facilitiy, a KDF facility that has been infected by Borg technology.. alright let's go along with it..)

Left channel "Zone".

Joined channel "Zone".

(No, actually, we have to blow up five *rolls dice* weapons caches! Without a mission introduction or SP reward!)

Reya: That's done it, sir.I will alert the KDF to monitor this system. Some miserable to'ba will return here, and when they do, the KDF will be waiting. Leave the system.

( Indeed o.o; )
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Mission/System: Hovtay' Doq Marqagh javmaH wa'
    Mission Type: Defeat 8 enemy squadrons
    Bug: Upon entering, there is no mission introduction pop-up and no enemies. Objective is listed as "Defeat Enemy Squadrons (0/8)". Not completable, empty map, non-starter.

Mission/System: Hovtay' chIS Ghol HutmaH wej Dub Dung
    Mission Type: Destroy 5 tribble colonies on an asteroid base
    Bug: Upon entering, there is no mission introduction pop-up, and there is no end mission SP reward for accomplishing the objectives.

Mission/System: YuQ Hurgh poS Dub blng (Planetary surface)
    Mission Type: Defeat enemy incursion on the ground
    Bug: Upon entering, there is no mission introduction pop-up, and there is no end mission SP reward for accomplishing the objectives.

Mission/System: Hovtay' poS Hutvatlh javmaH wej SuD (system), Chls qach Dub blng (Ship interior)
    Mission Type: Board a derelict Klingon vessel and destroy 5 cloaking nodes.
    Bug: Even with the map marker (the circle) it was very difficult to locate the ship, as it was high, high above the plane of entry into the system. I suggest at LEAST adding one of those bright, shiny beacons. Once on board, there was no mission introduction pop-up, thus the mission was not acquired. Objectives can be completed, but there is no reward for doing so. Waste of time.

Mission/System: Blng tln wa'vatlh laSmaG wa' hurgh (Ship interior)
    Mission Type: Board a and conquer a Terran Empire vessel.
    Bug: Upon beaming down, there is no mission introduction pop-up, and there is no end mission SP reward for accomplishing the objectives because the mission is not acquired.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Mission/System: Hovtay' chorghvatlh vaghmaH Soch wov
    Bug: Upon entering, there is no mission introduction pop-up and no enemies. Objective is listed as "Defeat Enemy Squadrons (0/8)". Not completable, empty map, non-starter.

Mission/System: Hovtay' SuD Kirom qlj blng loSmaH loS
    Bug: Upon entering, there is no officer pop-up introduction. The mission objective listed in the mission window is "Enemy Confrontation", but there are no enemies. Non-completable.

Mission/System: YuQ chlS reclaw wa'maH wa' (Surface)
    Mission Type: Defeat 5 groups of terran empire in an outdoor colony setting.
    Bug: Upon beaming down, there is no officer pop-up introduction. The mission objective listed in the mission window is "Defeat Invaders (0/5)", but there are no enemies. Non-completable.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Mission/System: YuQ wov Morath blng vaghmaH loS SuD (Planet surface)
    Mission Type: Beam down to the planet and defeat 5 groups of Terran Empire.
    Bug: Upon beaming down, there is no officer pop-up introduction. The mission objective listed in the mission window is "Defeat Invaders (0/5)", but there are no enemies. Non-completable.

Mission/System: Blng tln wa'vath loSmaH wa'Hurgh (Ship interior)
    Mission Type: Board a and conquer a Terran Empire vessel.
    Bug: Upon beaming down, there is no mission introduction pop-up, and there is no end mission SP reward for accomplishing the objectives because the mission is not acquired.

Mission/System: YuQ wov Morath bIng vaghmaH loS SuD Defense
    Mission Type: Beam down and defeat 5 groups of Liposhan
    Bug: Mission works fine mechanically, but there was one group of enemies on top of a building. I was able to drag them down, but this has potential to lead to an incompletable mission.

Mission/System: YuQ chlS chorghvatlh wa'maH jav qab (Planet surface)
    Mission Type: Beam down to the planet and defeat 5 groups of Dominion.

Mission/System: Hovtay' Hurgh nlH poS Dung (System), Qach wejmaH chorgh poS Dung Hurgh (Ship interior)
    Mission Type: Defeat 5 groups of Dominion aboard a ship..
    Bug: Upon beaming down, there is no officer pop-up introduction. The mission objective listed in the mission window is "Defeat Enemy Squads (0/5)", but no SP reward for completion.

Mission/System: Hovtay' SuD Bardak SochmaH wej
    Mission Type: Destroy 5 Fistrium Asteroids
    Bug: Upon entering the system, there is no officer pop-up and the mission is not acquired. the objectives can be completed, but there is no reward for doing so.

Mission/System: Qach vaghvatlh cha'maH Soch Doqach (Ship interior)
    Mission Type: Defeat 5 groups of Dominion aboard a ship..
    Bug: Upon beaming down, there is no officer pop-up introduction. The mission objective listed in the mission window is "Defeat Enemy Squads (0/5)", but no SP reward for completion.

Mission/System: Tln Doq Kirom wa'maH Hut (interior)
    Mission Type: Destroy 5 Weapons Caches on a base
    Bug: Like the post above, this mission has a completely nonsensical dialogue, going from distress, to unknown, to borg incursion, to destroying weapons caches. There is no intro text, the mission ins not acquired, no SP reward for completion.

Mission/System: Hovtay' blng Doq cha'cat;h HutmaH Hut

Mission/System: Hovtay' SuD Ghol Dung Dub qlj wej (system), YuQ chlS Kavrot nlH poS cha'maH wa' (Planet surface)
    Mission Type: Beam down to the planet and defeat 5 groups of Apllintok.
    Bug: Upon beaming down, there is no officer pop-up introduction. The mission objective listed in the mission window is "Enemy Squads Defeated (0/5)", but there are no enemies. Non-completable.

Mission/System: Hovtay' loSvatlh HutmaH jav Hurgh
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Mission/System: Hovtay' Doq Kirom qab wejmaH jav Hurgh
    Mission Type: Destroy 5 Fistrium Asteroids
    Bug: Upon entering the system, there is no officer pop-up and the mission is not acquired. the objectives can be completed, but there is no reward for doing so.

Mission/System: Hovtay' Reclaw wab blng
    Bug: Upon entering the system, there is no officer pop-up and the mission is not acquired. The objectives can be completed, but there is no reward for doing so.

Mission/System: Hovtay loSvatlh loSmaH cha' wab poS SuD
    Bug: Upon entering the system, there is no officer pop-up and the mission is not acquired. The objectives can be completed, but there is no reward for doing so.

Mission/System: YuQ wov Kanjis javmaH jav nlH poS (Planet surface)
    Mission Type: Beam down and defeat Terran empire soldiers
    Bug: Upon beaming down, there is no officer pop-up and the mission is not acquired. The objectives can be completed, but there is no reward for doing so.

Mission/System: Hovtay' Doq Mur'Eq loSmaH chorgh Dub qab
    Mission Type: Destroy 5 derelict vessels
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    There is also the Excalibur and Vesper class error. Where the class names are switched, i put this on Klink exploration/dallies before i found this thread.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Kasensal wrote:

Mission/System: YuQ Klavek bIng Dung Investigation
    Mission type: Ground combat, destroy 5 probe pieces.
    Bug: The third piece (following the logical path) is non-targetable, making the mission non-completable.

In these types of missions the final probe piece becomes an 'interactable' [clickable] object once the 5 'destructable' probe pieces are destroyed.
    Look around and there will be other pieces to be destroyed. Once the 5 pieces are destroyed then a mission objective will be added to get the information from the remaining piece which will become 'interactable' ( and the tricorder will point to it ).

It would be nice if they can code the tricorder to scan for destructable objects. At this point, tricorders will only point to the nearest 'interactable' object.